1 Bold Offseason Prediction

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non Bold - Kolb and Pears are cut

slightly bold - Byrd franchised again, Chandler resigned, Howard Austin OT, Danario Alexander WR, James Starks RB

Bold - Bills trade down 4 spots with St Louis picks up their 3rd and takes Kony Ealy at 13, next Bills trade Stevie Johnson, Jerry Hughes and the 3rd from St Louis for Cleveland's pick 26 they take Jace Amaro TE - 2nd pick 41 Troy Niklas TE

I think Danario Alexander would be an intriguing pick up. Obviously dependant on how he has recovered from the knee injury (was it an ACL?) he could be a low price contributer as the big body wide receiver. I think there is more chance of him stepping up and being that guy than the other big guys we had on the practice squad last season.

I predict the Bills do not trade up or down, lose Byrd, reach for their first pick, whiff on their second pick, pick a small fast WR in the third "with potential" who eventually flops and signs a few has-been FA's. We get sold a bunch of baloney, team wins 6 games, and we start talking about the 2015 draft in late January.

I feel like I am stuck in groundhog day movie

The Bills finally build that O line thru the draft by taking an OT, OG, TE with the first three picks, in any order.

I love the set-up. Here would be those combinations:

OT-Robinson

OG-Xavier Su'a-Filo or Cyril Richardson

TE-C.J. Fiedorowicz

OG-David Yankey

OT-Jack Mewhort

TE-C.J. Fiedorowicz

TE-Ebron

OT-Jack Mewhort

OG-Anthony Steen or Gabe Jackson

TE-Ebron

OT-Seantrel Henderson

OT-Robinson

TE-Seferian-Jenkins

OG-David Yankey

TE-Seferian-Jenkins

OT-Seantrel Henderson

I think Danario Alexander would be an intriguing pick up. Obviously dependant on how he has recovered from the knee injury (was it an ACL?) he could be a low price contributer as the big body wide receiver. I think there is more chance of him stepping up and being that guy than the other big guys we had on the practice squad last season.

Unfortunately, he underwent surgery again this week: hope 3 times is the charm, but he's damaged goods.

OT-Robinson

TE-C.J. Fiedorowicz

OG-David Yankey

OT-Jack Mewhort

TE-C.J. Fiedorowicz

TE-Ebron

OT-Jack Mewhort

TE-Ebron

OT-Seantrel Henderson

OT-Robinson

TE-Seferian-Jenkins

OG-David Yankey

TE-Seferian-Jenkins

OT-Seantrel Henderson

Unfortunately, he underwent surgery again this week: hope 3 times is the charm, but he's damaged goods.

Mewhort can play either OT or Guard, FWIW!

didnt we opt not to offer him after having him in house for a med exam earlier in his career (ie right before he signed with SD)

The time to trade CJ was last year when he had two years left on his rookie deal.

I would love to see Buffalo trade #9 and their second for Graham - then make him highest paid TE in the league. Resign Byrd. Find a middle of the road LG FA. Then draft a couple LB's, a RT, another TE, and a tall WR. Maybe a project QB on day .

Or just draft Ebron at #9 and keep our 2nd.

OT-Robinson

TE-C.J. Fiedorowicz

OG-David Yankey

OT-Jack Mewhort

TE-C.J. Fiedorowicz

TE-Ebron

OT-Jack Mewhort

TE-Ebron

OT-Seantrel Henderson

OT-Robinson

TE-Seferian-Jenkins

OG-David Yankey

TE-Seferian-Jenkins

OT-Seantrel Henderson

I think I would have a honest to goodness freak out if any of this happened. Jeez, I'd need to buy season tickets again!

Especially the Robinson, Jenkins, Jackson scenario :wub:

Bold?

Mario, Kyle, or Dareus gets cut

Leodis or Hughes holds out

Gundlach isn't worth enough, and is embroiled in too many legal conflicts, to buy an N.F.L. team. Haslam was a lesson for the league.

If a multi-billionaire doesn't have enough dough to buy the Bills, then who does?

If you're referring to TCW, I believe that has all been settled. I'm not aware of any other legal issues.

As far as being worth enough, he's worth at least a billion. Buying the Bills would probably be financed through borrowed money anyway (Doubleline alone manages about $50 billion).

He just as likely could be a part of a group of buyers, so I wouldn't disqualify him on those grounds either. The real issue isn't affording the Bills purchase price, it's the willingness to assume that debt while struggling to turn a profit in a small market. In other words, I don't think potential buyers are hemming and hawing about if they can buy the Bills, but if it is worth it to do so. Add a new stadium, and by my estimations it would take like 15 years just to break even.

Yeah I guess that's not too bold, especially considering their areas of "need." The drop off in safety talent is much more steep from the first to the subsequent rounds compared to TE, OL, LB, and WR, I suspect.

http://www.pionline.com/article/20110822/PRINT/308229941/gundlachs-money-ego-spotlighted-in-trial

As of 2011, Gundlach (in civil court) disclosed his net worth as being $90 million. He received $66.7 million from TCW afterward.

Doubleline manages $52 billion. I'm not sure what Gundlach receives as carried interest, or what they charge as management fees (I have no idea what Doubleline's fee structure is and can't find any publicly-available information), but let's assume he has at least 50% ownership.

You may be right that Gundlach is a billionaire, but there isn't solid proof.

If a multi-billionaire doesn't have enough dough to buy the Bills, then who does?

On what basis do you think Gundlach is a multi-billionaire?