Bring Back Fitz

johnwalter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys are a bit delusional to think this coaching staff would go with Fitz over the young players on the roster.

It would mean they would need to drop Tuel to the practice squad, and perhaps even Lewis.

Wanna talk decent backup QB's, howsabout Josh McCown whose salary was 865k last year.

there's some talk about fitzpatrick being a cap casualty in tennessee. if that happens, i'd love so see us pick him up to be the veteran back-up / mentor that kolb was supposed to be. fitz has all the makings to be a great teacher at the position (i always had a ton of respect for the guy) and putting him the the QB room with EJ could do big things for EJ's development.

does anyone know how a new contract with fitz would interact with our existing 2014 cap-hit for fitz's old contract?

Oh.......H**l NO!

That looks good on top & i'm sure Fitz would as usual be a great team mate but to pay him twice for the a roster spot ah i'm not thinking they will do it !

Plus the real possibility of causing problems due to where players friendships lie, I think Stevie would be more a fan of Fitz than EJ & it could cause trouble .

Fitzpatrick isn't even the best journeyman backup who will be out there.

"He has heart, and guts" blah blah blah. Plenty of guys have just as much "heart and guts" and they also have more talent.

Time to stop playing the loveable loser and become a real team.

The only fond memory anyone one of us really have of him is beating the pats. That's it. I don't remember much else out of him other than back breaking untimely interceptions.

The only fond memory anyone one of us really have of him is beating the pats. That's it. I don't remember much else out of him other than back breaking untimely interceptions.

I am not advocating bringing him back, but he was really the best QB (for better or worse) that we have had since 2002 Drew Bledsoe...not saying much, I realize, but the Bills were much more watchable (note, i did not say enjoyable) with Fitz at the helm (especially 2010 and 2011)...his last season was pretty miserable...