Michael Sam is out.

agardin

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird because looking at the writer comments, there are much better cases presented for a number of other teams, but their chances of drafting are "Medium."

yea, i think he took it as "odds that hes a real possibility on their board" not "odds they WILL be the spot he ends up"

is there a reason the nfl doesnt have personal shower stalls and changing areas attached anyway, in their billion dollar stadiums?

No reason they shouldn't really.....this was more of a shot at Sam though, had no issues w the group showers last year.

This whole 95% of the league will be so accepting is prob really 70%.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

is there a reason the nfl doesnt have personal shower stalls and changing areas attached anyway, in their billion dollar stadiums?

I'm pretty sure a personal shower stall was a condition in Mario's contract. Right underneath the personal refrigerator clause.

GO BILLS!!!

It's gonna be tough on him.

Played a lil cards with a starting nfl linebacker recently. He was a total homophobe when we started yapping about Sam a little.

Thinks he should have his own personal shower.

Your poker buddy sounds like a closet homosexual.

GO BILLS!!!

No reason they shouldn't really.....this was more of a shot at Sam though, had no issues w the group showers last year.

This whole 95% of the league will be so accepting is prob really 70%.

oh i definitely got the point that you/he were making - its just one of those things that always sticks in the back of my head when i hear that "he might check guys out in the shower" and even in the past with all the "fox accidentally shows player x changing during post game interviews" stories

its always a bit odd to me that in not just a workplace, but a media hub, that things arent a little bit more private.

• 2 months later...

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel suggests, based on a poll of unnamed scouts, that Sam may not be picked at all.

http://profootballta...s-a-non-entity/

Then the entire league is a bunch of homophobes. :) Honestly, why won't a team spend a 7th rounder on him for good PR. Can you bet on him being drafted (if gambling is legal and it's stupid that it's not)? Because I would put some jelly beans on him being drafted.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel suggests, based on a poll of unnamed scouts, that Sam may not be picked at all.

http://profootballta...s-a-non-entity/

Which will be viewed as some scandal because an ignorant media rushed to trumpet him as a 'top prospect' when they found out he was gay so they'll be aghast if he's not drafted. Football people know that 'tweeners like Sam rarely translate to the pro game.

Also, what's really the difference between being picked 7th and getting invited to camp as an UDFA? If he is not drafted and not extended any camp invites, then you have a legit story about anti-gay paranoia in the NFL. But unless and until that happens, let's just wait and see. I still expect someone to take him in the late rounds.

Honestly, why won't a team spend a 7th rounder on him for good PR.

Because they know they run the risk of getting a big dose of negative PR when they cut him in camp.

Which will be viewed as some scandal because an ignorant media rushed to trumpet him as a 'top prospect' when they found out he was gay so they'll be aghast if he's not drafted. Football people know that 'tweeners like Sam rarely translate to the pro game.

Also, what's really the difference between being picked 7th and getting invited to camp as an UDFA? If he is not drafted and not extended any camp invites, then you have a legit story about anti-gay paranoia in the NFL. But unless and until that happens, let's just wait and see. I still expect someone to take him in the late rounds.

Because they know they run the risk of getting a big dose of negative PR when they cut him in camp.

Perfectly said.

Fair point. I bet he makes a team though. At least for the year.

He should go to San Fran with one of there bazillion picks! Seems like a match to me

Are you 12?

Goodell did a good job managing expectations when asked if he'd be drafted - no high praise just that he should be judged on talent....

Then espn brought out the stat that every sec d player of the year since 2006 has gone in round 1 with no context that he's a tweener that is likely to fall