A List For Future SB Half Time Entertainment

T master

I'm 44. Bruno did all right. The bands just have to be relevant & still be good in concert. Rules out most 80's groups. Aerosmith is horrible in concert. The Foo Fighters would be good, but there done. I would be good with Linkin Park, Shine Down, Kid Rock, or even Nickleback. As most 15-50 would be.

You killed my soul with that list. Nickelback kid rock and linkin park? Where do you draw the line man?!? Was limp bizkit unavailable?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You killed my soul with that list. Nickelback kid rock and linkin park? Where do you draw the line man?!? Was limp bizkit unavailable?

There is no line when it comes to live music. They can be the biggest band in the world, but can be average or horrible in concert. Examples of that Aerosmith, David Lee Roth, Three doors down, The Stones & Motley Crue in the last couple of years. Bon Jovi good, concert to short. I've seen to many concerts to judge by name alone.

They either practiced a lot, or that was Photoshopped. :ph34r:

Thought it was the Reading Buccaneers and kept waiting for the horn section to chime in.

I think a good D&B Corps show at halftime would be great.

Photoshopped? Come 'on Man. It's the Top Secret Drum Corps. I would totally support having these guys next year.

Before the last couple of Super Bowls when they had some really good talent like Aerosmith, The Who, Paul McCartney, Madonna, i distinctly remember people here saying they need to move on from all the grampa type bands & get some younger newer talent - well how is that working ??

As far as i can see it sucks ! Beyoncey was less than spectacular although she did look great , The Black Eyed Peas SUCKED ! Bruno Mars was EH OK but not great by any means & the Chile Peppers never did like them !

Here are some bands that i haven't seen as of yet, AC/DC would be a great half time show ! Joe Walsh - Eric Clapton - Aerosmith one more time - Garth when he comes back . Has KISS ever done it ? John Mayer - Eagles - Chicago with Peter Cetera - Johnny Lang - Ted Nugent .

Can't think of more but i know there are some so i'll leave it from here for you all to complain about my choices & add some of your own ...

METALLICA!!!

METALLICA!!!

not sure if main stream America would go for this but I like it. Remember they did play a series of concerts with the San Francisco Philharmonic back in 1998 and they just played the Grammy s with classic pianist Lang Lang. They can be heavy but they can also be very versatile.

not sure if main stream America would go for this but I like it. Remember they did play a series of concerts with the San Francisco Philharmonic back in 1998 and they just played the Grammy s with classic pianist Lang Lang.

And Lars was only a little out of time and Kirk Hammett's guitar was just a little out of tune. I guess on the plus side they probably wouldn't be plugged in anyway at the SB, so why not go for it?

not sure if main stream America would go for this but I like it. Remember they did play a series of concerts with the San Francisco Philharmonic back in 1998 and they just played the Grammy s with classic pianist Lang Lang. They can be heavy but they can also be very versatile.

Metallica is pop music. I think mainstream America could handle Metallica.

It's like saying Ice Cube is too gansta' for mainstream America. Lol

Edited by Why So Serious?

Pearl Jam would be excellent, but I do not believe they would ever agree to do a Super Bowl.

Foo Fighters

U2 Again, as the last time was great

RHCP?

Green Day seems like an obvious choice for one

I do think Metallica would be good. (Lol at the totally accurate Ice Cube quote above)

Bruno Mars was a good find though

Edited by May Day 10

Get the Ohio State band and one of their moving field shows. It's pretty amazing what they can do. Bruno Mars was pretty good. The Chili Peppers not so much.

My biggest gripe is not the half time show as I'm usually only casually watching it as I'm doing other things. But please, please find someone who will actually sing the national anthem as it was meant to be. It's not an opera, it doesn't have america the beautiful in the middle of it, it doesn't have a lot of warbling on the long hold notes, if the singer can't hit the high notes then don't sign up to sing it! It's not about who is singing it, it's about how well they sing it.