Schwartz D will be "Attacking" D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest concern is the lack of control of his players and emotions. His teams always have too many penalties and are either too high or too low. Thugs are the way of life, not smart. Even Schwartz demonstrated he was often out of control. He hurt his team by not thinking at times.

While I hate unemotional coaches like Jauron a good coach needs to keep his wits about himself.

My biggest concern is the lack of control of his players and emotions. His teams always have too many penalties and are either too high or too low. Thugs are the way of life, not smart. Even Schwartz demonstrated he was often out of control. He hurt his team by not thinking at times.

While I hate unemotional coaches like Jauron a good coach needs to keep his wits about himself.

We hired Schwartz. We did not trade for Suh.

Thugs?? Did you say Thugs?? Ohh nooooo, here we go again.

You lost me at "thugs". Do you have a link for these occurrences, or are you relying on what you saw on Sportscenter a couple of times?

We hired Schwartz. We did not trade for Suh.

And yet it was several Detroit players, and you might remember haynesworth in Tennessee. It's been a running theme.

He also seems to be pretty lenient on off field issues when bringing guys in (can be good and bad) (pacman, haynesworth, titus young etc....)

Marrone is the head coach. If a player becomes undisciplined, it's on him. A team, including the assistants are a reflection of him. It's not Schwartz's team, it's Marrone's

Hopefully he can get Dareus to show up on time. As for the D not changing, I am not buying it. Coordinators implement and run their style. Not many go in to a job and say hey, I think I will do it the old guys way. We may see some nuances of the old D. The proof wiil be when OTAs and Training camp comes and players say im adapting to the new scheme etc etc....

According to those on Bill Maher's show last Friday "Thug"'s has a new meaning.

There are plenty of nasty / dirty players on many different teams.

Romanowski comes to mind.

If Schwartz can minimize the over pursuit on "blitz" style plays the Bills should be in better shape.

May the Schwartz be with them

If Schwartz can minimize the over pursuit on "blitz" style plays the Bills should be in better shape.

You lost me at Bill Maher. Virtually everything that comes out of his and his guests mouth is absolutely laughable in it's ridiculousness.

An "attacking" defense? When haven't we heard this from a newly hired DC?

"I'm hoping that we can end up pretty passive. Kind of accept what's given to us. I might not even design a scheme because that might be seen as an act of hostility by our opponent. Really, whatever happens, happens."

(on an real life note - actual wannstedt quote: ``It's really an attacking defense. We don't sit back and read and react. It's a matter of attack or be attacked in the NFL, and we choose to attack. We're relying on our speed and quickness and thinking on the run.'')

Edited by NoSaint

People like him want to see racism behind any corner and an America like Mississippi Burning.

Plus, the guy is a pretentious, nasty douche.

"I'm hoping that we can end up pretty passive. Kind of accept what's given to us. I might not even design a scheme because that might be seen as an act of hostility by our opponent. Really, whatever happens, happens."

(on an real life note - actual wannstedt quote: ``It's really an attacking defense. We don't sit back and read and react. It's a matter of attack or be attacked in the NFL, and we choose to attack. We're relying on our speed and quickness and thinking on the run.'')

Great post NoSaint!--and the quote by Wanny should end this thread. Has a coach ever said his was not going to be an attacking style?

Anyone else want to speculate on the new D scheme then criticize the coach based on your speculation? Is it Septwmber yet?

the interesting dynamic that ive found this week is that if you outline the defense hes run in the past you are told not to speculate or criticize (even when simply outlining the scheme)

but if you say hes going to use something totally unheard of in his past and itll be a huge success then you are simply being realistic.

i know the quote above was going to ruffle a few feathers, but i thought it would give some perspective on what these press conferences amount to. everyone wants to sound like they will be imposing their will on the opponent. in schwartzs case he has done that well at times, and not so well other times. hopefully he does it more often this go around.