How Have 11 Million Illegals Earned The Right Of Citizenship?

3rdnlng

http://www.cnsnews.c...ght-be-citizens

(CNSNews.com) – Speaking at the United States Conference of Mayors on Friday, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said the approximately 11 million people who are in the country illegally have “earned the right to be citizens.”

“An earned path to citizenship for those currently present in this country is a matter of, in my view, homeland security to encourage people to come out from the shadows,” said Johnson, in what he remarked was one of his first public speeches since being confirmed as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) chief in December.

“It is also, frankly, in my judgment, a matter of who we are as Americans,” he said, “to offer the opportunity to those who want to be citizens, who’ve earned the right to be citizens, who are present in this country--many of whom came here as children--to have the opportunity that we all have to try to become American citizens.”

- See more at: http://www.cnsnews.c...h.noIaIz3w.dpuf

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(CNSNews.com) – Speaking at the United States Conference of Mayors on Friday, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said the approximately 11 million people who are in the country illegally have “earned the right to be citizens.”

“An earned path to citizenship for those currently present in this country is a matter of, in my view, homeland security to encourage people to come out from the shadows,” said Johnson, in what he remarked was one of his first public speeches since being confirmed as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) chief in December.

“It is also, frankly, in my judgment, a matter of who we are as Americans,” he said, “to offer the opportunity to those who want to be citizens, who’ve earned the right to be citizens, who are present in this country--many of whom came here as children--to have the opportunity that we all have to try to become American citizens.”

earn 1 (ûrn)

tr.v. earned, earn·ing, earns

To gain especially for the performance of service, labor, or work:

To acquire or deserve as a result of effort or action:

To yield as return or profit:

His theory is they earned citizenship by breaking the law?

What about those who have been waiting, going through the long legal process of becoming citizens,

haven't they "earned the right" more ?

There’s a growing sense of optimism that Congress may actually get something done on immigration this year, now that House Speaker John A. Boehner has stated clearly that he will push forward a series of bills to fix our dysfunctional immigration system before this session is over.

This enthusiasm also responds to the growing support among House Republicans to bring undocumented people out of the shadows and provide them some form of legal status, short of citizenship.

Yet President Obama and many Democrats are not as happy with this new development. They are fearful that this may help the GOP reconnect with Hispanic voters and begin making considerable inroads with this key segment of the electorate.

They are acutely aware that their political gamesmanship over immigration may become obsolete if Republicans decide to take on immigration reform. Immigration, after all, was the key issue in their political strategy to demonize Republicans with Hispanic voters.

Concerned that the strong hold they have had in past elections on the Hispanic electorate may be at risk, Mr. Obama and his fellow Democrats are determined to try to somehow continue milking politically the immigration issue.

The way they’re doing it is by insisting that legalization is not enough; that any immigration bill must provide the more than 11 million illegal immigrants living in the country guaranteed access to citizenship. If Republicans oppose a path to citizenship, their argument goes, it’s because they are prejudiced against immigrants and want to keep them disenfranchised.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/24/aguilar-obamas-path-to-citizenship-ploy/#ixzz2rc4vPeQ8

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

At this point, what difference does it make?

They earned it because Obama deems it so.

All hail the supreme leader and his amazing America Transformation Mystery Tour!

Let's make ALL citizens of the world Americans. Maybe then they'll love us. They'll really, really love us.

Forward!

So we have another "open border" supporter as the DHS chief. Rather than telling us honestly what and who come across that border, he's another political tool for Obama's fundamental transformation of America. Voter registration trumps American interests.

the claim that this is about immigration is a sham. I'm currently involved in immigration procedings, and there's nothing that I've seen proposed anywhere that will actually reform immigration in any way. it's all about increasing the democrat base by gaining further inroads with latino voters by allowing a significant segment of that demographic to vote. any claim to the contrary is a lie.

We are a nation of immigrants! What have you done to earn citizenship? Get born? Plenty of room for more Americans

We have immigration laws. The people we are talking about have broken those laws. Is that how you earn citizenship?

We are a nation of immigrants! What have you done to earn citizenship? Get born? Plenty of room for more Americans

Yes, I was born. That was all I had to do to earn my citizenship.

Now what did illegal aliens do to "earn" theirs?

My ancestors, upon arriving in America, earned their citizenship by serving in the Civil War.

And for the record, I disagree, strongly, with the concept of birthright citizenship. Residence should be available to anyone who demonstrates an ability to follow our laws; citizenship, along with the franchise, however, should be restricted based on merit. I advocate tests for proficiency in civics, history, mathematics, and sciences; coupled with military service and/or property or business ownership.

My ancestors, upon arriving in America, earned their citizenship by serving in the Civil War.

And for the record, I disagree, strongly, with the concept of birthright citizenship. Residence should be available to anyone who demonstrates an ability to follow our laws; citizenship, along with the franchise, however, should be restricted based on merit. I advocate tests for proficiency in civics, history, mathematics, and sciences; coupled with military service and/or property or business ownership.

Sounds like a "poll Tax" to me......................................racist!.................lol

Disgusting slam on your mother aside, how have illegal aliens worked for it?

You ever see "El Norte"? Illegals not only came out of slimy holes, they crawled through them to get here.

And you don't work, Dstebb?

Sounds like a "poll Tax" to me......................................racist!.................lol

1) The civics and history portions of the test would not necessarilly be any different from the current Citizenship Test which we already require of those immigrants legally seeking their citizenship. The math and science portions would work ensure a larger percentage of our immigrant population was economically useful. These tests should be required of all wishing to become citizens, born here or not, as all citizens should be treated equally, and simply being born is neither distinctive nor meritorious.

2) Military service bears compensation rather than incurs fees.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Stop, you're making way too much sense.

Room and funding in Obamacare for them?

Room and funding in the food stamp program?

Room in our economy to employ them after we first give jobs to actual Americans?

Room and funding for them and their offspring in our schools?

Room and funding in our prisons and courts for those that commit crimes?

..and yes, I'm excluding those that would enter the country properly, with the right skills and character that become citizens through the proper means.