How Have 11 Million Illegals Earned The Right Of Citizenship?

3rdnlng

again, this is not about immigration, at least not in the true sense. the federal government sets up watchdogs via the EEOC to make sure that there is no discrimination against minorities in gaining employment, or that no group is given preferential treatment. where is this standard with regard to the democrats' so-called immigration reform? are they proposing to soften the requirements for Asians or Europeans wishing to come here? no. the party that likes to pretend at being all-inclusive is turning their backs on many others around the world that have as much of a right to come here to live & work as any south american, central american, or mexican has.

if you're going to address immigration in this country as a policy change, it needs to be all-inclusive, not just a pass for people that entered this nation as criminals.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WASHINGTON - Days after House Republicans unveiled a roadmap for an overhaul of the nation's broken immigration system, one of its backers said legislation is unlikely to pass during this election year.

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said distrust of President Barack Obama runs so deep in the Republican caucus that he's skeptical the GOP-led House would pass any immigration measure. He said a plan that puts security first could only pass if lawmakers believe the administration would enforce it - an unlikely prospect given Republicans' deep opposition to Obama.

"This isn't a trust-but-verify, this is a verify-then-trust approach," Ryan said.

Last week, House Republicans announced their broad concerns for any immigration overhaul but emphasized they would tackle the challenge on a bill-by-bill pace.

Republicans have preemptively been trying to blame the White House for immigration legislation's failure, even before a House bill comes together. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said "there's a lot of distrust of this administration in implanting the law." And Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., last week warned that distrust of Obama would trump the desire to find a solution for the estimated 11 million people living in the United States illegally.

"We just don't think government will enforce the law anyway," Rubio said, recounting conversations he's had with fellow Republicans.

House Republicans are pushing a piecemeal approach to immigration that puts a priority on security before considering a pathway for those here illegally to earn citizenship. That strategy runs counter to a comprehensive bill, passed through the Senate seven months ago with bipartisan support, that includes a long and difficult pathway to citizenship.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2014/02/03/paul-ryan-lack-of-trust-in-obama-makes-immigration-bill-unlikely-in-2014/?subscriber=1

Obama has proven that he can't be trusted. This is what he gets.

My ancestors, upon arriving in America, earned their citizenship by serving in the Civil War.

Mine arrived on the Fortune, the first ship after the Mayflower to show up at Plymouth rock so suck on that bitches.

Well that was my mom's side. My dad's arrived illegally from Italy through Cananda.

Mine arrived on the Fortune, the first ship after the Mayflower to show up at Plymouth rock so suck on that bitches.

In my youth I peed on Plymoth Rock, so suck on that.

Well that was my mom's side. My dad's arrived illegally from Italy through Cananda.

Where is this strange land of Cananda you speak of?

OK, pikers. My ancestor was the first Governor of New Amsterdam (later called New York). Died in a shipwreck in 1632.

oh yeah, well former senator/governor of Arkansas, Dale Bumpers, was my grandfather's cousin.

no matter how many times I say it, it still isn't very impressive.

OK, pikers. My ancestor was the first Governor of New Amsterdam (later called New York). Died in a shipwreck in 1632.

Aw, how quaint. You guys are so cute.

My ancestor founded Canada. No ****, Jacques Cartier's a many-times-great-grandfather on my mother's side..

WASHINGTON - Days after House Republicans unveiled a roadmap for an overhaul of the nation's broken immigration system, one of its backers said legislation is unlikely to pass during this election year.

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said distrust of President Barack Obama runs so deep in the Republican caucus that he's skeptical the GOP-led House would pass any immigration measure. He said a plan that puts security first could only pass if lawmakers believe the administration would enforce it - an unlikely prospect given Republicans' deep opposition to Obama.

"This isn't a trust-but-verify, this is a verify-then-trust approach," Ryan said.

Last week, House Republicans announced their broad concerns for any immigration overhaul but emphasized they would tackle the challenge on a bill-by-bill pace.

Republicans have preemptively been trying to blame the White House for immigration legislation's failure, even before a House bill comes together. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said "there's a lot of distrust of this administration in implanting the law." And Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., last week warned that distrust of Obama would trump the desire to find a solution for the estimated 11 million people living in the United States illegally.

"We just don't think government will enforce the law anyway," Rubio said, recounting conversations he's had with fellow Republicans.

House Republicans are pushing a piecemeal approach to immigration that puts a priority on security before considering a pathway for those here illegally to earn citizenship. That strategy runs counter to a comprehensive bill, passed through the Senate seven months ago with bipartisan support, that includes a long and difficult pathway to citizenship.

http://www.gopusa.co...4/?subscriber=1

Obama has proven that he can't be trusted. This is what he gets.

Obama's also proved that if he doesn't get the legislation he wants from Congress, he'll just write it himself.

Not that Ryan's right, just behind the times. "Rule of law" was replaced by "rule of man" quite some time ago.

• 3 months later...

http://dailycaller.c...art-obama-says/

Enforcing immigration law “isn’t smart,” President Barack Obama told law enforcement officials Tuesday, just one day after the public learned he had released 36,007 illegal-immigrant murderers, rapists, thieves and other criminals into the nation’s communities.

Cops should be going after major criminals, not the many illegal immigrants that are quietly living in their districts, said Obama, who has twice sworn to uphold the nation’s laws.

“You’ve got to spend time dealing with somebody who is not causing any other trouble other than the fact that they were trying to make a living for their families,” Obama said.

“That’s just not a good use of our resources. It’s not smart. It doesn’t make sense,” said Obama, who has already directed immigration police to minimize enforcement of illegal living far from the border.

The statement will likely spur concerns among Republicans and the public that Obama can’t be trusted to implement the enforcement features of any immigration compromise.

A March 2013 Gallup poll showed that 138 million foreigners would like to settle in the United States. The total included an estimated 18 million people in China, 13 million people in Nigeria and three million people in Kenya.

Polls consistently show the public favors a stronger crackdown on employment of illegal immigrants.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz31diKSICL

Edited by 3rdnlng

http://dailycaller.c...art-obama-says/

138 million foreigners would like to settle in the United States. The total included an estimated 18 million people in China, 13 million people in Nigeria and three million people in Kenya.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz31diKSICL

Dems must be salivating at this potential for new voters.

Dems must be salivating at this potential for new voters.

This. Sign them up to mooch off the gvt and you have voters for life. Remember you cant beat Santa claus.

I think their long term strategy is to try and get texas into play. If that happens republicans will never have another president