How Have 11 Million Illegals Earned The Right Of Citizenship?

3rdnlng

This. Sign them up to mooch off the gvt and you have voters for life. Remember you cant beat Santa claus.

I think their long term strategy is to try and get texas into play. If that happens republicans will never have another president

And the journey to the dark side will be complete.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be headline news on every TV station. 36,000 illegal immigrant criminals released. Over 80,000 convictions among them. Some are nasty crimes.

https://www.vdare.co...alien-criminals

The problem is you're not looking at this like a progressive.

Don't look at them as criminals. Look at them as midterm voters. For every one released, you figure they have three or four thankful friends, families, etc.

On the other hand, over 1300 were charged with domestic violence. Talk about a war on women!

This should be headline news on every TV station. 36,000 illegal immigrant criminals released. Over 80,000 convictions among them. Some are nasty crimes.

https://www.vdare.co...alien-criminals

From your link:

Immigration officials knowingly released dozens of murderers and thousands of drunken drivers back into the U.S. in 2013, according to Obama administration statistics that could undercut the president’s argument that he is trying to focus on the most serious criminals in his immigration enforcement.

Among the 36,000 immigrants whom U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement released from custody last year there were 116 with convictions for homicide, 43 for negligent manslaughter, 14 for voluntary manslaughter and one with a conviction classified by ICE as “homicide-willful kill-public official-gun.”

The immigrants were in deportation proceedings, meaning ICE was trying to remove them from the country and could have held them in detention but released them anyway, according to the Center for Immigration Studies, which published the numbers Monday. The Washington Times also obtained the data.

“This would be considered the worst prison break in American history, except it was sanctioned by the president and perpetrated by our own immigration officials,” said Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican. “The administration’s actions are outrageous. They willfully and knowingly put the interests of criminal immigrants before the safety and security of the American people.”

The data raised thorny questions about how the government decides which immigrants to detain and which it will release as they await court hearings and final action on deportation.

Jessica Vaughan, policy studies director at the Center for Immigration Studies, said the numbers undercut the Obama administration’s argument that it is trying to keep its enforcement efforts targeted at dangerous criminals.

“We keep hearing from the administration that they are focused like a laser on enforcement against the worst of the worst, convicted criminals, as their top priority. On the other hand, they are releasing, at a rate of about 100 a day, aliens from their custody with criminal convictions, and many of them are serious criminal convictions,” she said.

From your link:

Immigration officials knowingly released dozens of murderers and thousands of drunken drivers back into the U.S. in 2013, according to Obama administration statistics that could undercut the president’s argument that he is trying to focus on the most serious criminals in his immigration enforcement.

Among the 36,000 immigrants whom U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement released from custody last year there were 116 with convictions for homicide, 43 for negligent manslaughter, 14 for voluntary manslaughter and one with a conviction classified by ICE as “homicide-willful kill-public official-gun.”

The immigrants were in deportation proceedings, meaning ICE was trying to remove them from the country and could have held them in detention but released them anyway, according to the Center for Immigration Studies, which published the numbers Monday. The Washington Times also obtained the data.

“This would be considered the worst prison break in American history, except it was sanctioned by the president and perpetrated by our own immigration officials,” said Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican. “The administration’s actions are outrageous. They willfully and knowingly put the interests of criminal immigrants before the safety and security of the American people.”

The data raised thorny questions about how the government decides which immigrants to detain and which it will release as they await court hearings and final action on deportation.

Jessica Vaughan, policy studies director at the Center for Immigration Studies, said the numbers undercut the Obama administration’s argument that it is trying to keep its enforcement efforts targeted at dangerous criminals.

“We keep hearing from the administration that they are focused like a laser on enforcement against the worst of the worst, convicted criminals, as their top priority. On the other hand, they are releasing, at a rate of about 100 a day, aliens from their custody with criminal convictions, and many of them are serious criminal convictions,” she said.

If any of them reoffends, the President should be charged with conspiracy to commit as well as accessory.

If any of them reoffends, the President should be charged with conspiracy to commit as well as accessory.

All he needs is one dude to kill again. Or rape. Or molest a child.

Just one.

I suspect this is where progressives talk about Iraq again.

They've done a lot more to be a citizen than I ever did. I just came out of a slimy hole and bam, I was a citizen. At least these people worked for it.

That's essentially been my view.

I feel like if someone comes here, pays taxes, doesn't break any (other) laws, and generally contributes to their communities, they should be granted some sort of green card/visa/citizenship if they choose. Maybe they have to give up citizenship elsewhere, or do some mandatory government service, who knows. But frankly the hard lined ideas of citizenship to me are a bit old school.

I feel like if someone comes here, pays taxes, doesn't break any (other) laws, and generally contributes to their communities, they should be granted some sort of green card/visa/citizenship if they choose. Maybe they have to give up citizenship elsewhere, or do some mandatory government service, who knows. But frankly the hard lined ideas of citizenship to me are a bit old school.

There are policies in place for legal immigration.We are a nation built upon the rule of law, not the rule of man. When our laws are degraded by the very people moving here, our country is degraded. I guess degradation is a small price to pay for more progressive voters, eh?

We should have a well defined immigration plan that identifies what kind of people we want to allow into the country (skill, background, education and employable level) and more importantly how many based on the economic conditions (employment and cost to taxpayers). There is a plan in existence, but it's not followed at all and to continue to allow whatever and whomever to come over the border is risky and just plain stupid.

Very close friend of mine produced the movies "They Come To America" (I and II) and watching those will open your eyes.

The political extremists would have you believe there's only two options: give citizenship to everyone who crosses the border, or deport everybody who's crossed the border illegally.

The simple fact of the matter is that neither of those is a remotely practical policy. Any serious talk about immigration reform has to include discussions on reforming the USCIS and the path to citizenship (I've known several people who've had to navigate the bureaucratic morass to a green card, it's ridiculous), voter ID and registration, what to do with the illegal immigrants already here (you can't just deport 12M Latinos, no matter how much you may want to), border security, labor policies, and probably a host of other things I'm not even thinking of.

No one wants to seriously discuss those issues, though. It's easier and more lucrative to demagogue. There's no money in immigration reform, but a hell of a lot of money to be had demonizing it.

The simple fact of the matter is that neither of those is a remotely practical policy. Any serious talk about immigration reform has to include discussions on reforming the USCIS and the path to citizenship (I've known several people who've had to navigate the bureaucratic morass to a green card, it's ridiculous), voter ID and registration, what to do with the illegal immigrants already here (you can't just deport 12M Latinos, no matter how much you may want to), border security, labor policies, and probably a host of other things I'm not even thinking of.

I'm dealing with an immigration issue myself right now. I'm engaged to a citizen of Spain, and we were surprised at the amount of red tape & BS that we're having to deal with. I've had to hire an immigration attorney and get all kinds of documents for both her and myself, and the process will continue for months yet, and we're not even trying to get citizenship status for her. from my own experiences in Europe, I know that there are a lot of people there that would like to relocate to the US. despite our depressed economy, we're still in much better shape than most European nations are, and I can only assume that the same holds true for many people in Asia as well.

living in south-central Texas for the last 27 years, I'm no stranger to the issue of immigration as it applies to the latino population. amnesty will simply allow those who came here illegally to stay, while keeping it criminalized for those who continue to sneak across the border. we'll have the same debate all over again in just a few more years ( remember that amnesty was granted 30 years ago and we're dealing with the issue all over again now).

I've said it before - it's not immigration reform unless it applies to people from all over the world. if it's just a measure to pardon people who crossed the border illegally, it's both amnesty and pure politics.

Ten years of filing/paying taxes and zero criminal convictions would be enough to earn it in my book. But as others have stated, addressing the issue of what to do with the 12MM people here now doesn't address the host of related issues that also need some common sense reform.

I'm dealing with an immigration issue myself right now. I'm engaged to a citizen of Spain, and we were surprised at the amount of red tape & BS that we're having to deal with. I've had to hire an immigration attorney and get all kinds of documents for both her and myself, and the process will continue for months yet, and we're not even trying to get citizenship status for her. from my own experiences in Europe, I know that there are a lot of people there that would like to relocate to the US. despite our depressed economy, we're still in much better shape than most European nations are, and I can only assume that the same holds true for many people in Asia as well.

living in south-central Texas for the last 27 years, I'm no stranger to the issue of immigration as it applies to the latino population. amnesty will simply allow those who came here illegally to stay, while keeping it criminalized for those who continue to sneak across the border. we'll have the same debate all over again in just a few more years ( remember that amnesty was granted 30 years ago and we're dealing with the issue all over again now).

I've said it before - it's not immigration reform unless it applies to people from all over the world. if it's just a measure to pardon people who crossed the border illegally, it's both amnesty and pure politics.

Right now I think it's all politics. Obama wants it to be an issue he can hit the Republicans with more than he cares for actual reform. Due to past failures the R's need border security assurances while the C's don't trust Obama and aren't willing to accept only assurances. Both the R's & C's would like to get something done but the D's & Obama are just happy having immigration reform as an issue to split and fault the R's.

This administration is now officially criminal. As if fast and furious wasn't enough among all the other crimes against the Constitution.

Learn English. Be productive. Pay all taxes. Abide by laws. Do not come for handouts. Embrace all that is America and our way of life. Assimilate into our culture dont expect everyone to accomodate your demands.

If you can do that im fine with you living here and being a citizen.

Learn English. Be productive. Pay all taxes. Abide by laws. Do not come for handouts. Embrace all that is America and our way of life. Assimilate into our culture dont expect everyone to accomodate your demands.

If you can do that im fine with you living here and being a citizen.

Those laws include entering this country legally.

Right now I think it's all politics.

no question about it. I keep bringing up the Europe/Asia thing because it's being left completely out of the discussion on a national level.

the republicans could make the democrats look like they're pandering to one group and ignoring all others (which is pretty much the truth of it anyway) if they were to take up the cause of having immigration simplified for people of ALL nationalities.