pats* off season departures

YoloinOhio

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If indeed he left due to a failure to be recognized and denied an opportunity to advance, with a new BILLS regime and structure in place it seems doubtful that he would move here. However, if he did and he saw opportunity as a legitimate drawing point to Buffalo, I would love to see this hire. That said, I won't get my hopes up despite the fact that the BILLS are looking for this same Coach to fill a position...would be nice, but doubtful. Hope I'm wrong...

If indeed he left due to a failure to be recognized and denied an opportunity to advance, with a new BILLS regime and structure in place it seems doubtful that he would move here. However, if he did and he saw opportunity as a legitimate drawing point to Buffalo, I would love to see this hire. That said, I won't get my hopes up despite the fact that the BILLS are looking for this same Coach to fill a position...would be nice, but doubtful. Hope I'm wrong...

Unless there is a DC opening.... with Pettine looking like the only guy the Browns may be able to hire as HC.... then it would most certainly be an advancement opportunity. Plus he has the LB coaching background we need so much.

Crazy... it is the Polian connection, btw. Both of his sons played there. I forgot about Caserio.

among a ton of other front office guys (i believe telesco out is SD, greg roman in SF, mcdaniels in NE, david caldwell in Jax, and of course the polians scattered around... not to mention london fletcher was in that same window as a few of them i believe). always amazes me the number of influential young NFL guys that were in that 5 year window, even with the polian connection.

Edited by NoSaint

among a ton of other front office guys (i believe telesco out is SD, greg roman in SF, mcdaniels in NE, david caldwell in Jax, and of course the polians scattered around... not to mention london fletcher was in that same window as a few of them i believe). always amazes me the number of influential young NFL guys that were in that 5 year window, even with the polian connection.

Fletcher was a year or two behind Caldwell, Telesco is a year ahead of him, and C. Polian a year ahead of him. Telesco and Caldwell were from the Polian GM tree... Roman and McDaniels went the coaching route along with the younger Brian Polian,who is HC at the University of Nevada but was previously with MSU, Central Florida, Baylor, ND, Stanford, and Texas A&M. C. Polian now works for Caldwell in Jax, probably awaiting another GM opportunity at some point. Telesco, Cadwell and of course the Polians are all from Buffalo.

I wonder why he hasn't been given an opportunity at DC with the Patriots or another team?

It would seem he'd be a nice hire for us and it might give us an edge on getting Spikes who is a player I want the Bills to take a look at in FA along with Woodyard.

Interesting development here. IMO Pettine is gone. Not being negative, but it looks like he's the only guy that wants the job at this point. Right place, right time, and good for him. For those posters saying that this wouldn't be a "step up" for MP going from B-lo's DC gig to the Brown's HC I don't agree. If you're a coach in the NFL and you're offered a HC gig you take it and make the most of it. When MP leaves I hope the Bills FO reaches out to Pepper Johnson for the open DC position. This is a guy that has played for and coached under Belichick for 20 years. Love to have that kind of insight on our side.

They should call him right now.

Interesting development here. IMO Pettine is gone. Not being negative, but it looks like he's the only guy that wants the job at this point. Right place, right time, and good for him. For those posters saying that this wouldn't be a "step up" for MP going from B-lo's DC gig to the Brown's HC I don't agree. If you're a coach in the NFL and you're offered a HC gig you take it and make the most of it. When MP leaves I hope the Bills FO reaches out to Pepper Johnson for the open DC position. This is a guy that has played for and coached under Belichick for 20 years. Love to have that kind of insight on our side.

They should call him right now.

:thumbsup: