pats* off season departures

YoloinOhio

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 22m

Report: Dolphins interviewing Nick Caserio for G.M. job http://wp.me/p14QSB-9oGs

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 32m

As @AdamSchefter reported, Patriots dir of player personnel Nick Caserio is indeed in Miami interviewing for the Dolphins GM position today.

Expand

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 31m

Caserio has turned down GM interview inquiries in the past and many assumed he'd be tough to pry from the Pats. So this is VERY interesting.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 39m

Patriots already have lost O-Line coach Dante Scarnecchia, TE coach George Godsey, LB coach Pepper Johnson. Now could lose Nick Caserio.

Are Pats* brain trust and staff sensing the end of the Brady era and jumping ship?

I would love to start beating them on a consistent basis first, but until Bill Belichick and Tom Brady leave, any other departure is not particularly consequential.

Not right now.. but it may be a sign that Brady is about to hang it up. I know that sounds crazy, but I have seen this on other teams. People you never expect to leave start doing so and it is because they know they should leave before the ship goes down.

Just weird that all these key people are leaving or open to leaving. Usually a sign of change internally... like they don't think they will sustain what they have.

Wonder if they are guilty of something and don't want to be the brunt of something that may come to hunt them. Just speculation, but could be a cause of an exodus.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Come on it's Bill Belichek, it doesn't matter if he lost his entire coaching staff. As long as he is coaching and he has Tom Brady, not much is going to change in the AFC East.

This is really my whole point... Brady could have let slip that he is not going to play much longer. I doubt it, but certainly possible. He is 37. He is not getting a ton of help with his personnel. I know he said before he'll play until he's 40, but things change quickly when you are throwing to rookie UDFAs and getting sacked a million times in the AFC Champ game.

Clearly Tom was not close to hanging it up back then

Not my point. The point was that top organizations always lose their coaching and administrative talent, because other teams covet them, and they have opportunities elsewhere that aren't available to them within their own organization, because those promotions are blocked by very successful men who already hold those coveted roles.

New England losing staff is not necessarily indicative of anything.

Not my point. The point was that top organizations always lose their coaching and administrative talent, because other teams covet them, and they have opportunities elsewhere that aren't available to them within their own organization, because those promotions are blocked by very successful men who already hold those coveted roles.

New England losing staff is not necessarily indicative of anything.

Caserio has been sought after and has refused to take any interviews for GM roles, until now.

Caserio has been sought after and has refused to take any interviews for GM roles, until now.

Perhaps he felt this was the right opportunity. Brady has publicly stated, very recently, that he'd like to play for another 4 or 5 years. So while it's certainly possible that you're right, it's really just baseless speculation.