NFC Championship : 49ers at Seahawks

Just Jack

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the email Sherman sent over his dorm list serv and heard him talk often. I'm skeptical about his academic achievements. I don't think he's a complete idiot or anything but I'm not buying Stanford honors student either.

Wait, a start athlete getting special treatment?? Say it ain't so...say it ain't so!

I've read the email Sherman sent over his dorm list serv and heard him talk often. I'm skeptical about his academic achievements. I don't think he's a complete idiot or anything but I'm not buying Stanford honors student either.

OMG didnt realise that was him, that was hilarious.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24151757/richard-sherman-is-the-most-interesting-person-in-football

* Sherman's parents preached the importance of hard work and education at an early age. His father rose at 4 a.m. every morning to drive a garbage truck. His mother worked with mentally disabled children.

"It got to the point where I'd bring home a B in middle school, even in a tough class, and get stern looks, like, That is not acceptable," Sherman wrote this summer for TheMMQB.com. "But our parents always kept us involved in sports, kept us busy. In such a bad neighborhood, they always wanted us doing something constructive."

* As a senior at Dominguez High School, Sherman had 28 receptions for 859 yards and 14 touchdowns, as well as 1019 all-purpose yards. He also had a 3.9 GPA.

They replayed the post game interview on NFL network. Sherman still comes off like a street thug. NO matter how smart he is or what degree he has. It came across wrong. Deion Sanders of all guys did not like it!!!

Wow, that was a game and a half. What a 4th quarter. Love seeing Harbaugh throwing a fit in defeat.

btw, I don't get the over reaction on the roughing the punter call. It was the correct call....he barely grazed the punter. It was a complete acting job by Lee.

That was a good, physical game. I could watch those 2 teams play each other every week.

I'd like to watch those two teams but with a set of referees that were also watching those two teams.

That was the worst ref performance I can ever remember.

Beg to differ on the acting job. His ankle got rolled. It was a 5 yard penalty but that was a legit injury. I had to retire from the Army because of multiple injuries to my ankles. I winced when I saw it.

I live in greater Seattle and never started rooting for the Seahawks for two reasons:

- The city pales as a sports town compared to any east coast city - Buffalo, NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, etc. The fans are almost all bandwagon with just a few exceptions.

- Their organization is full of !@#$s, going from the players through the coaching staff. That postgame interview, the multiple drug violations this year, and their sideline's reaction to the fake punt against the Bills last year says a lot about how Carroll runs his ship. Carroll bolting USC after he knew they were getting nailed with NCAA sanctions again says a lot.

Go Broncos.

Wow, that was a game and a half. What a 4th quarter. Love seeing Harbaugh throwing a fit in defeat.

btw, I don't get the over reaction on the roughing the punter call. It was the correct call....he barely grazed the punter. It was a complete acting job by Lee.

If almost getting the ankle on your planting leg broken then yeah, he's quite the actor.

He made the play on the ball. You could make the pick after that.

He lobbed the ball towards Smith with intend, how can you even argue this.

My point was that the Seahawks were fortunate to have a second defender in the area to make the INT.

Otherwise the 49'ers would still have the ball.

I live in greater Seattle and never started rooting for the Seahawks for two reasons:

- The city pales as a sports town compared to any east coast city - Buffalo, NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, etc. The fans are almost all bandwagon with just a few exceptions.

- Their organization is full of !@#$s, going from the players through the coaching staff. That postgame interview, the multiple drug violations this year, and their sideline's reaction to the fake punt against the Bills last year says a lot about how Carroll runs his ship. Carroll bolting USC after he knew they were getting nailed with NCAA sanctions again says a lot.

Go Broncos.

As one who also lives in the area I can say that sullim4 is 100% spot on in regards to rampant bandwagoneerism run amuk in Seattle. We went to the 2004 Bills vs Seahawks game and the place was like a tomb even though the Seahawks were in the playoffs the year before in the thick of it that year. We had season tickets from 2005 - 2010. Through the SB year and the next it was raucous. Then the thin years hit and the place was half full on most Sundays.

In the Seattle Times this year there has even been 2 writers proclaiming their love for the Seahawks and mentioning in the article they had never rooted for the Seahawks before this year!

I can also agree that the Seahawks are a total classless organization based on my dealings with them. The "fans" are no better. There has been a rash of instances of Seattle "fans" beating up fans of other teams. Seattle police even had to put undercover cops in visiting teams regalia to catch would be punks.

It baffles me that Seattle is a city that prides itself on being fair and kind and inclusive. At least that's what they say. But their beloved Seahawks are the opposite. Hire a coach that violates rules in college and throws his players under the bus right before sanctions hit. Lead the league in drug suspension. Bad sportmanship everywhere. As one who lives here it, it feels Seattle has sold it's soul for a winning team.

Go Broncos !!

Edited by reddogblitz

Has anything worked out better in the history of the NFL than Seattle moving from the AFC to NFC years ago? I give them credit for being a solid team but they got good when they moved to the NFC. Never had to deal with the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, etc... They benefitted from a bad NFC West for several years and made the playoffs and even a SuperBowl. Now I think this years version of the Seahawks is the best they've had but overall that organization really got the benefit of moving out of the AFC.

As for the fans, i think there are jerk fans at every NFL stadium. We have no reason to talk here in Buffalo. Some of the jerkiest fans in the NFL reside in WNY. I do agree that the Seahawks have some punk players and aren't very likeable.

Fourth-and-7? Let It Fly!

How a gutsy coaching change-of-mind, a deceptive double snap count and three quick-thinking receivers in tune with their quarterback put the Seahawks over the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game

SEATTLE — Patch Zebra Detroit.

That was the simple play-call in the huddle as the Seahawks faced 4th-and-7 at the San Francisco 35-yard line, trailing the 49ers 17-13 with 13:52 left to play in Sunday’s NFC Championship Game.

It morphed into much more after a flurry of activity—an aborted field goal attempt, a double snap count, penalty flags, route adjustments (especially one widened route), a missing safety, a pinpoint throw and a contested catch in the end zone—but the bottom line is this: The 35-yard touchdown pass from Russell Wilson to unheralded receiver Jermaine Kearse gave the Seahawks their first and only lead, and it put Seattle in the Super Bowl.

“It was one of the biggest plays, if not the biggest play, of the game,” Wilson said.

Try the season.

wilson-kearse-screen-1.jpg?w=800&h=448

bedard-inline800.jpg?w=800&h=533

The big question: Where was Whitner? The deep safety is supposed to help on the most immediate vertical threat. Lynch was the only eligible receiver on the other side, and there was no one threatening the middle of the field. There were just the three Seahawks streaking into the end zone, including Baldwin, who had badly burned Reid and was also open.

Yet Whitner wasn’t in the play.

“We had a safety back there in coverage,” Fangio said. “[Whitner] should have … he was on one of them, should have been.” But Whitner was shallow and so far inside that he couldn’t have made a play on Baldwin, either.

With no safety around to help over the top, the cornerbacks were on their own. Wilson’s line-drive throw traveled 45 yards in the air, but Rogers had recovered and was in excellent position by the time the ball arrived. Rogers, with his chest in Kearse’s back, reached out his left arm and just missed the ball a split-second before it landed in Kearse’s arms.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Karma is a b!tch isn't it?

49ers get hosed by bad calls in this year's NFC championship game a year after getting away with one of the most blatant, non pass interference calls possible on 4th down against the Falcons as they were driving to take the lead inside the 20 yard line, where the 49ers player literally tackled the Falcon player before the ball even got there...

Got a taste of their own medicine with the running into the kicker that was clearly a roughing the kicker penalty and then the INT that Bowman somehow held onto while his knee laid sideways on the turf, which was one of the most gruesome injuries I have seen since McGahee's "Swinging Gate" knee injury in the NCAA Championship game against Ohio State, that was ruled a fumble that was recovered by the Seahawks that wasn't reviewable, although Lynch then fumbled away the ball at the 1 yard line so it didn't really hurt them other than taking time off the clock, which might have hurt them at the end of the game...