Would ya?

Gary M

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous. Let the woman feed her damned kid in the fitting room, and then move on. The VS employee must have expected some backlash for doing something so stupid. Go nurse your baby in the alley? Are you fugging serious?

If I were the woman, I would have told the employee to kick rocks, and I would have done it anyway.

Because then she wouldn't be all over the internet.

You're right. She wasn't being polite in asking permission. She was hoping she'd be turned down so that she could then shout her self righteous indignation for all to see.

Y'all say some of the most curious things.

Would hope when all is said and done the retailer will offer their most sincere apologies, perhaps give the Mother some perks of store discounts, ect. Assure that they will make a point to better educate their staff franchise wide on costumer care, and because they a retailer who caters to womens needs, they in store make place for such at every franchise. Guessing this young lady did not wish to nurse her child in public, ( this normal and is done daily in appropriate manner , not look at me tell me I can't fashion. )

Edited by millbank

The law says she's allowed to breastfeed in public, it doesn't say a business is obligated to provide her with a private room to do it in. There's no reason VS should have to allocate one of it's dress rooms to any breastfeeding woman. That she bought something there makes no difference. The clerk could have let her do it, but to suggest there is some obligation there is silly.

If she was that desperate to breast feed, she could have done so anywhere. Or she could have planned her schedule better to avoid the 'crisis'.

Edited by KD in CT

This is ridiculous. Let the woman feed her damned kid in the fitting room, and then move on. The VS employee must have expected some backlash for doing something so stupid. Go nurse your baby in the alley? Are you fugging serious?

If I were the woman, I would have told the employee to kick rocks, and I would have done it anyway.

Hey, what is wrong w/an alley? Alley's around the world take umbrage @ your comment!

:-P

You're right. She wasn't being polite in asking permission. She was hoping she'd be turned down so that she could then shout her self righteous indignation for all to see.

I used to think like this... But I am coming to the sad realization that people complain just to complain. Really.

What is wrong w/the alley?

Would hope when all is said and done the retailer will offer their most sincere apologies, perhaps give the Mother some perks of store discounts, ect. Assure that they will make a point to better educate their staff franchise wide on costumer care, and because they a retailer who caters to womens needs, they in store make place for such at every franchise. Guessing this young lady did not wish to nurse her child in public, ( this normal and is done daily in appropriate manner , not look at me tell me I can't fashion. )

Baloney Mill... I usually agree w/you... But people stink to make stink. I was in a restaurant (Fuddruckers) one time and a lady complained that some employee was seen eating in the kitchen... The lady went into a huge snit! I was standing right next to her... She ordered to see the manager and then went off on her about how "she should call the health department, blah, blah, blah!" The manager agreed to cover her bill for her party... It was almost 80 bucks... 80 bucks @ Fuddruckers is a crew of 6 or so! WTF?

Something tells me that she did this before... Boy was she happy to get dinner free that night!

I was standing right next to her, was I trying to get outta my 45 dollar bill?

Anyway... There are always 3 sides to the story... We aren't getting it all from the customer. 8/10 times the customer is WRONG or misleading... Whoever started this: "The customer is always right BS" should be shot!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

So, she's being polite by asking permission, but then when she doesn't the answer she wants, she has to tell the world?!?

Yeah, that's really asking permission....

The law says she's allowed to breastfeed in public, it doesn't say a business is obligated to provide her with a private room to do it in. There's no reason VS should have to allocate one of it's dress rooms to any breastfeeding woman. That she bought something there makes no difference. The clerk could have let her do it, but to suggest there is some obligation there is silly.

If she was that desperate to breast feed, she could have done so anywhere. Or she could have planned her schedule better to avoid the 'crisis'.

This^^^

Or @ least have a better reason than "the child is hungry." It is probably more important for the mother to express the milk then "my God! my child is hungry and needs to be fed immediately!" Like Chef Jim said, the child won't die if they wait a bit to feed... Plan better. I see more problems w/the mother, say she may be in pain or discomfort, if she doesn't express the milk when she needs to.

@ least the mother should tell the truth and not throw the child under the bus!

Honestly: I want to know what an "alley" @ Victoria's Secrets looks like. Just because it is called an "alley" why do we think it is some hideous God awful place? Does it have a bench? Then it is not what most people think. VS's are usually in upscale malls.

So, she's being polite by asking permission, but then when she doesn't the answer she wants, she has to tell the world?!?

Yeah, that's really asking permission....

+1

not sure why everyone is still arguing over who's right or who's wrong in this situation...victoria secret already made a statement that their employee acted improperly against their corporate policy

Victoria’s Secret issued a statement earlier this week that read, in part, “We take this issue very seriously. We have a longstanding policy permitting mothers to nurse their children in our stores and we are sorry that it was not followed in this case.”

not sure why everyone is still arguing over who's right or who's wrong in this situation...victoria secret already made a statement that their employee acted improperly against their corporate policy

Like duh! Of course everybody knows that they would do this! Throw the employee under the bus because indignant Mama feels slighted for having to use an "alley."

Words of advice to people out there: Do what you want, louder the better! I already taught you how to get a free meal "outta" Fuddruckers.

Oh, be sure to show no shame @ all getting what you want. Humility is not a viture anymore.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Hey, what is wrong w/an alley? Alley's around the world take umbrage @ your comment!

:-P

I used to think like this... But I am coming to the sad realization that people complain just to complain. Really.

What is wrong w/the alley?

Baloney Mill... I usually agree w/you... But people stink to make stink. I was in a restaurant (Fuddruckers) one time and a lady complained that some employee was seen eating in the kitchen... The lady went into a huge snit! I was standing right next to her... She ordered to see the manager and then went off on her about how "she should call the health department, blah, blah, blah!" The manager agreed to cover her bill for her party... It was almost 80 bucks... 80 bucks @ Fuddruckers is a crew of 6 or so! WTF?

Something tells me that she did this before... Boy was she happy to get dinner free that night!

I was standing right next to her, was I trying to get outta my 45 dollar bill?

Anyway... There are always 3 sides to the story... We aren't getting it all from the customer. 8/10 times the customer is WRONG or misleading... Whoever started this: "The customer is always right BS" should be shot!

If you'd be comfortable with your wife nursing or simply being alone with your infant child in "an alley" then more power to ya I guess. Your jaded view is disappointing.

I see appropriate customer care for a business who specifically earn its living from Women. It common sense for a business to cater to their needs. Staff need be educated on serving customers , taking care to understand special needs, In my view businesses that do this best will be that much more successful . Malls and most restaurants that serve family needs, have changing centers in their washroom facilities, a place where a Mother could nurse her child is she cared to do so, for whatever reason, in my view respectful to its customer base and in a business public relations sense only intelligent. Victoria's Secret could easily turn around this negative publicity by in advertisement telling they a franchise willing to learn and improve to serve the customer better, it the only way to go in my view.

If you'd be comfortable with your wife nursing or simply being alone with your infant child in "an alley" then more power to ya I guess. Your jaded view is disappointing.

Again... We really don't know what that alley is all about. It could be a pretty nice place with a bench and they just call it an "alley." Think about where they put VS's... They aren't in bad places, most malls are upscale. It it might just be a litte off shoot of the mall.

My view isn't jaded, IMO. It is humble. My wife nursed w/both children and we never ran into a situation.

Like BBB said, why even ask for permission if she didn't like the answer. Why is she being passive aggressive?

Just take the breast out and feed the little one out in the lobby of the mall. Most women have a blanket they put over the little one any way.

Bingo.

I see appropriate customer care for a business who specifically earn its living from Women. It common sense for a business to cater to their needs. Staff need be educated on serving customers , taking care to understand special needs, In my view businesses that do this best will be that much more successful . Malls and most restaurants that serve family needs, have changing centers in their washroom facilities, a place where a Mother could nurse her child is she cared to do so, for whatever reason, in my view respectful to its customer base and in a business public relations sense only intelligent. Victoria's Secret could easily turn around this negative publicity by in advertisement telling they a franchise willing to learn and improve to serve the customer better, it the only way to go in my view.

I am being a little bit of a smart azz here Mill... But when is Victoria Secret "family orientated?" Maybe with respect about "making the family", but that is it! Like the one poster said above, won't the children kill the buzz for the place. Good way to market themselves right out of the mood!

Again... We really don't know what that alley is all about. It could be a pretty nice place with a bench and they just call it an "alley." Think about where they put VS's... They aren't in bad places, most malls are upscale. It it might just be a litte off shoot of the mall.

My view isn't jaded, IMO. It is humble. My wife nursed w/both children and we never ran into a situation.

Like BBB said, why even ask for permission if she didn't like the answer. Why is she being passive aggressive?

Bingo.

I am being a little bit of a smart azz here Mill... But when is Victoria Secret "family orientated?" Maybe with respect about "making the family", but that is it! Like the one poster said above, won't the children kill the buzz for the place. Good way to market themselves right out of the mood!

would defy you to make such statement in front a group of intelligent women

Because it's too hard to read articles now, people need their info in 140 characters or less.

Back to the original question, would ya, I recognized her face, she looks like one of my Facebook "friends" so if anyone wants to see what she'll look like in 20 years, PM me.

http://www.beautyredefined.net/victorias-secret-war-on-women/

Why wouldn't a VS employee just tell the woman to go ahead and nurse anywhere? Wouldn't that be the corporate line too? Heck, the company is all about flaunting a women's body. What seems to be the problem? The corporate response should be to be able to nurse anywhere they can find a bench

Call me jaded Mill, but something isn't right about this woman picking VS to choose a fitting room. Was it planned? I am skeptical, especially w/all the controversy that surrounds the place.