no charges in IRS investigation?

Azalin

What a bunch of BS. I imagine many of her emails had multiple cc's on them.

When it was discovered there were 18 minutes of missing recordings from the Watergate tapes the media when nuts. This? <chirp,chirp>

The media's lack of coverage of this and the several other rotten to the core situations is breathtaking. You would think from a business standpoint, reporting the truth and covering the truly big stories would be good for the media business. Fox has to be laughing their asses off having a near monopoly on many big stories.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The media's lack of coverage of this and the several other rotten to the core situations is breathtaking. You would think from a business standpoint, reporting the truth and covering the truly big stories would be good for the media business. Fox has to be laughing their asses off having a near monopoly on many big stories.

From the article I posted in reply #328,

That is already evident in the response to the IRS scandal. It is metastasizing rapidly despite the near blackout by the MSM.

In one recent poll 63 percent of Democrats think the IRS intentionally destroyed the emails.

Democrats.

How’d they find that out? Not from the New York Times.

Koskinen testified the other day that experts tried to recover data from her drive but they had found bad sectors on the drive and were unable to recover any data. This is utter BS as you can recover data from a drive with bad sectors easily using some rather ordinary utilities. You won't get it all but probably a large majority of it can be recovered in a few hours.

Now who out there if they had a work hard drive fail doesn't ask the IT people to restore their email, contacts, etc onto the new hard drive when the computer is fixed? Most people these days would go batshit if their hard drive failed and then found out that IT couldn't or wouldn't restore all of the files.

It is the gov't. Trust me, I work for them... YOU DO NOT CALL IT. You get more help @ the Tiger Direct store spending your own money. If I took the same way locking boats that IT handles things, boats would be waiting 6 days to get through. Anyway, my agency is all contracted out now... Things got worse! LoL...

The sleeper case that could bust open the IRS scandals

by Thomas Lifson

In the absence of a special prosecutor, the best opportunity for piercing the veil of secrecy and evasion that surrounds the IRS handling of groups perceived as enemies of the Obama administration lies in civil litigation. The National Organization for Marriage has just obtained a $50,000 settlement from the IRS for its criminal release of confidential donor information to an opposition group. But so far Eric Holder’s Justice Department is not pursuing inquiries into who feloniously released that information.

The absence of any official judicial inquiry into the inner workings of the IRS processes is why it is so important to note that yesterday saw the beginning of the discovery phase in the lawsuit by Z-Street a pro-Israel organization that was told its application for tax exempt status was being delayed because:

…these cases are being sent to a special unit in the DC office to determine whether the organization’s activities contradict the Administration’s public policies.

Z-Street’s lawsuit alleges unlawful viewpoint discrimination, a First Amendment claim. The IRS tried several arguments to dismiss Z-Street’s lawsuit, all of which were dismissed by Washington, DC federal district court Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, an Obama appointee. She noted that Z-Street was not suing to gain tax exempt status, but rather over the viewpoint discrimination evidenced by what it was told by IRS agent Diane Gentry about contradicting administration policies – the process by which the IRS made the determination on tax exempt status. In the words of the Jerusalem Post:

The Z Street case may be what forces the IRS to pull aside its carefully constructed curtain and reveal how it made decisions regarding organizations deemed out of step with the current US administration.

Judge Jackson gave the IRS until June 26 to respond to Z-Street. That deadline has now passed, so the case enters discovery. This means that Z-Street can subpoena IRS officials, place them under oath, and ask them questions about how they acted, and cross examine them closely. They can also subpoena documents and require their production. This is much different than a House committee hearing in which members have only a few minutes to ask questions, and when friendly Democrats have their opportunity to apologize for the impertinence of daring to ask questions of our IRS masters. Depositions taken under oath can last many hours and involve detailed questions.

more at the link:

http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014/06/the_sleeper_case_that_could_bust_open_the_irs_scandals.html

IRS Spent 4.4 Billion on IT

Original Article

Not a penny left to archive email

It wasn't her responsibility to back anything up. Maybe it was Bush's?

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/lois-lerner-irs-scandal-108399.html

It was an accident, said Taylor, a founding partner of Zuckerman Spaeder LLP: “She didn’t have anything to do with the destruction of her computer.”

Lerner came to work one day in late spring 2011 and was surprised to flick on her computer to find a “blue screen,” he said. He said she tried to get it fixed since her practice of archiving was to simply save things on her computer. Democrats have released emails showing Lerner contacting the IRS IT department to show she tried to resolve the problem.

She never backed them up on a USB or separate hard drive, he said, ruling out a line of questioning posed by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) about whether Lerner could have the emails stored elsewhere on a portable device.

Republicans say it’s no coincidence that just 10 days before the crash, Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) had sent his first letter to the IRS about 501©(4) political activities and donors.

Oversight Republicans this week interrogated Koskinen about whether the agency at the time of the crash reached into its stash of six-month backup tapes to restore the emails. Koskinen said he wasn’t aware if they tried.

Taylor didn’t know about that option either, saying Lerner simply filled out an IT ticket “like any other IRS employee” with a problem, and when they told her they couldn’t salvage the hard drive and mentioned a more “expensive” alternative, she gave them the green light to pursue that option, he said.

“She requested that IT use every possible resource. Unfortunately, the sophisticated alternative was not able to retrieve the contents of her hard drive,” he said.

Koskinen this week said that the IRS even sent Lerner’s computer to its criminal investigators, who were also unable to get anything back.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/lois-lerner-irs-scandal-108399.html#ixzz35z1VizS0

It wasn't her responsibility to back anything up. Maybe it was Bush's?

http://www.politico....dal-108399.html

It was an accident, said Taylor, a founding partner of Zuckerman Spaeder LLP: “She didn’t have anything to do with the destruction of her computer.”

Lerner came to work one day in late spring 2011 and was surprised to flick on her computer to find a “blue screen,” he said. He said she tried to get it fixed since her practice of archiving was to simply save things on her computer. Democrats have released emails showing Lerner contacting the IRS IT department to show she tried to resolve the problem.

She never backed them up on a USB or separate hard drive, he said, ruling out a line of questioning posed by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) about whether Lerner could have the emails stored elsewhere on a portable device.

Republicans say it’s no coincidence that just 10 days before the crash, Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) had sent his first letter to the IRS about 501©(4) political activities and donors.

Oversight Republicans this week interrogated Koskinen about whether the agency at the time of the crash reached into its stash of six-month backup tapes to restore the emails. Koskinen said he wasn’t aware if they tried.

Taylor didn’t know about that option either, saying Lerner simply filled out an IT ticket “like any other IRS employee” with a problem, and when they told her they couldn’t salvage the hard drive and mentioned a more “expensive” alternative, she gave them the green light to pursue that option, he said.

“She requested that IT use every possible resource. Unfortunately, the sophisticated alternative was not able to retrieve the contents of her hard drive,” he said.

Koskinen this week said that the IRS even sent Lerner’s computer to its criminal investigators, who were also unable to get anything back.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz35z1VizS0

Seriously, a 5th grader would know that email isn't stored on a computer. Yet Lerner's lawyer thinks adults are stupid enough to believe it? Heck, didn't head of the IRS, Koskinen, even tried to float this one in front of congress? Truly amazing.

The DC "bubble" people think Americans are that stupid. While there certainly are a lot of stupid people out there, I think these blatant, "in your face" tall tales are angering even liberals. They know full well that Obama's historical presidential ranking is under George W. Bush and quickly heading towards Nixon and Carter territory.

It wasn't her responsibility to back anything up.

Probably not. Federal equipment. Good chance she didn't have sufficient rights on her computer to back it up properly (I know I don't on mine.)

Issa's a !@#$ing moron. That would be a firing offense in most federal offices. In many, they set the computers up so you can't plug in an unapproved portable device.

bull ****. A blue-screen doesn't destroy the hard drive. Unless they hard drive was badly damaged physically, *I* could have recovered the data with the tools I have at home. They way they tell it, the government's IT people are as incompetent as the people who set up the ACA web site...

...oh, wait. Never mind.

Seriously, a 5th grader would know that email isn't stored on a computer.

Mine is. My space on the Outlook server strictly limited to 550M; to save an email, I have to move it to...a local archive on my federal PC. And I'm required to keep it archived myself...in case I'm ever hauled in front of a Congressional investigation (seriously).

Of course, I also back it up on two different network drives. Because I'm not a moron.

The media should be doing story and story on the missing emails. The can do stories about what how they are missing. They can do stories about how computers crash. They can link the missing emails to the missing Malayasian jet liner and the search for both can be discussed until people get tired of stories about nothing.

. Because I'm not a moron.

Wrong

The media should be doing story and story on the missing emails. The can do stories about what how they are missing. They can do stories about how computers crash. They can link the missing emails to the missing Malayasian jet liner and the search for both can be discussed until people get tired of stories about nothing.

Wrong

You can't even put together a coherent sentence and you call other people morons?

Mine is. My space on the Outlook server strictly limited to 550M; to save an email, I have to move it to...a local archive on my federal PC. And I'm required to keep it archived myself...in case I'm ever hauled in front of a Congressional investigation (seriously).

Of course, I also back it up on two different network drives. Because I'm not a moron.

If nothing else comes out of this but for government to live by the same rules that the government makes everybody else to live by, then it's a win.

If nothing else comes out of this but for government to live by the same rules that the government makes everybody else to live by, then it's a win.

Congress exempts themselves from the ACA, securities laws, fair labor practices, civil rights law, any and every government regulation...I doubt a little issue about email retention policy is changing that.

JOHN HINDERAKER: More On The IRS’s Illegal Destruction Of Evidence.

“Under federal law, a party has a duty to preserve data that may be relevant to any actual or likely lawsuit. This duty arises from the party’s own knowledge; it is not necessary for a court to tell it not to destroy information, or for an adverse party to make such a request. The fundamental, shocking fact that is emphasized in True the Vote’s brief is this: at the time of Lois Lerner’s hard drive crash in June 2011, the IRS was already under a legal duty to take steps to ensure that information was not lost, and had been under such a duty for nearly a year, at a minimum. . . .

Lois Lerner, Colonel Mustard and the Blue Screen of Death.

“It would help to have more information from the IRS about what went wrong. Presumably it has those records in its help desk ticket system, so hopefully they’ll be released soon. Meanwhile, we’ll just have to keep wondering what the heck happened.”

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I know.

TRANSPARENCY: Another federal judge tells IRS to explain itself on lost emails.

IRS attorneys will be even busier than normal next week, because another federal judge has told them to show up in court July 11 to defend the federal tax agency.

They will have to explain to U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton why the IRS shouldn’t be required to let an outside expert evaluate whether emails on the computer hard drives of former IRS official Lois Lerner and six colleagues really are lost forever, as the agency recently told Congress.

This computer crashed three years ago? Is that right? That was two years before the fake outrage over tea party and left wing groups getting "targeted." Is that right?

It doesn't matter. The emails are federal records, and should be saved...basically permanently.

It doesn't matter. The emails are federal records, and should be saved...basically permanently.

True.

But.........(as you know) Gator is incorrect .

The targeting of conservatives by the IRS started in early 2010...............per their own "apology"

His silly outrage statement is illogical

This computer crashed three years ago? Is that right? That was two years before the fake outrage over tea party and left wing groups getting "targeted." Is that right?

So to recap...you believe no one should have a gun and you're in favor of using the IRS to shut down dissenting political opinion.

You're one nutsack away from being Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

So to recap...you believe no one should have a gun and you're in favor of using the IRS to shut down dissenting political opinion.

Makes perfect sense. If you're going to use the IRS to silence opinion, you don't want those silenced to be armed, do you?

Next thing you know, the president is going to start bypassing Congress and go it alone from a podium.

Well, just as long as it does not start occurring during conference calls...