Jay Gruden HC Washington

Beerball

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, do you think they got mixed up and accidently think they were hiring Jon? The NFL, where your last name is more important than the results. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/ The offense had a good year this year but was hardly a juggernaut under Gruden.

That said, I think RG3 is due for a bounce back year and Gruden has probably maxed out Dalton. The Washington D was the biggest problem though.

It's a pretty decent situation. RG3 is as talented as any QB in the NFL. That is a huge selling point. They just need to keep Dan Snyder away.

Snyder is a meddler just like Jerry Jones though and causes issues. Could be a move he regrets in the end.

I was just reading the skins site and they were all saying Haslett is going to remain as the DC, Morris stays as the DB coach and speculation that Hugh jackson as OC.

Wasn't the Skins defense really bad?

Odd coaching staff but the only reason I can think of this head coaching hire and keeping staff is $$$ because of all the sunk cost he has already with the Red Lobsters and the previous staffs before him.

Any success he has makes him look brilliant in his next interview: look what I did with a jerk owner and prima donna QB. Any failures he can blame on Snyder or RG3: look, I did what I could with a jerk owner and a prima donna QB.

kj

It's a pretty decent situation. RG3 is as talented as any QB in the NFL. That is a huge selling point. They just need to keep Dan Snyder away.

Keeping Snyder away is an impossibility. This is the worst job in the NFL. The ownership sucks, the media is a constant weight, the team is a divided mess, and the cupboard is bare. Good luck to him.

Keeping Snyder away is an impossibility. This is the worst job in the NFL. The ownership sucks, the media is a constant weight, the team is a divided mess, and the cupboard is bare. Good luck to him.

if you are looking for a quick bump i dont think the cupboard is quiiite bare, and they are getting back 18m in cap space from penalties the last couple years. for the short term, it could potentially be a great spot to bump up fast but long term is obviously a worry.

its an interesting spot.

You're right. RG3 isn't very talented, didn't make the playoffs as a rookie, or win rookie of the year.

So you go from saying that he is AS talented as anyone in the league, and someone questions you on that very debatable comment, and then you somehow twist what he said into implying that he was stating that he "isn't very talented".

You're comical, dude

Edited by Magox

You're right. RG3 isn't very talented, didn't make the playoffs as a rookie, or win rookie of the year.

He did those things--last year.

However, you said "RG3 is as talented as any QB in the NFL". Now, maybe you could, possibly, have made some sort of statement like that last year. But this year has certainly proved your statement is false, unless you are talking about talent at something other than playing QB in the NFL.