The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

If repeal of the ACA fails, it will be because of these sort of intransigent members of the GOP. Holding out until you get everything you want, knowing that even if you did get all the concessions you were gunning for would lead to a failed outcome in regards to the vote, implies that

A) you are delusional

or

B) you have no interest in negotiating in good faith and are in it for yourself.

Why the rush? They're changing this bill like crazy today to accommodate the Tea Party on the right thus leaving moderate Republicans in the dark and they want a vote tonight? I know the Dems pushed the ACA through quickly, but this last day scrambling seems crazy to me.

Consider for a moment that you're posing that question to someone who thinks the only reason Obamacare sucks is because the GOP refused to help draft the law..

...because the GOP refused to help draft the law, yet are still to blame for its failure while the Congressional Democrats are completely blameless.

The dissonance...it...hurts...

...because the GOP refused to help draft the law, yet are still to blame for its failure while the Congressional Democrats are completely blameless.

And let's not forget...the GOP had no reason to refuse to help draft the law since it was created by The Heritage Foundation and mimicked Romneycare.

And let's not forget...the GOP had no reason to refuse to help draft the law since it was created by The Heritage Foundation and mimicked Romneycare.

[This is an automated response.]

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.8.

Why the rush? They're changing this bill like crazy today to accommodate the Tea Party on the right thus leaving moderate Republicans in the dark and they want a vote tonight? I know the Dems pushed the ACA through quickly, but this last day scrambling seems crazy to me.

Maybe I could have been more clear, I didn't mean tonight. I mean if it fails and never gets through the house and senate

Consider for a moment that you're posing that question to someone who thinks the only reason Obamacare sucks is because the GOP refused to help draft the law..

The GOP did draft the ACA before the Dems took it up....dumbass....keep trying tho!

The GOP did draft the ACA before the Dems took it up....dumbass....keep trying tho!

Proof? Link? And by proof and link, I mean something other than a HuffPost op-ed or DailyKos column.

Bring us the bill, and bring us the authors. Names. Dates. Let's see it.

The art of the deal? Bluff? Same thing?

President Donald Trump is demanding a vote Friday in the House on the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said. If the bill fails, Trump is prepared to move on and leave Obamacare in place, Mulvaney said.

The Freedom Caucus risks overplaying its hand if it continues to hold out support for the bill. Trump has made clear he wants to get health care passed and move on. He made clear that Wednesday's offer was final.

If Trump loses his patience with caucus members, they could find themselves in his crosshairs.

If the repeal of the ACA ultimately fails, it will fall squarely in the hands of the hold outs, primarily the Freedom Caucus and Rand Paul.

Edited by Magox

The art of the deal? Bluff? Same thing?

If the repeal of the ACA ultimately fails, it will fall squarely in the hands of the hold outs, primarily the Freedom Caucus and Rand Paul.

No, it's the success of Paul, and the Freedom Caucus, who have saved Americans from another terrible healthcare law.

The failure was with the White House and Paul Ryan, who were unable to craft legislation that the Freedom Caucus could sign off on. They were unable to do their job.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

No, it's the success of Paul, and the Freedom Caucus, who have saved Americans from another terrible healthcare law.

The failure was with the White House and Paul Ryan, who were unable to craft legislation that the Freedom Caucus could sign off on. They were unable to do their job.

Useful idiots?