We took Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton

boyst

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton is mediocre. He has flashes of brilliance. That game said it all. Rivers is a leader and Dalton is not. Cincinnati got to playoffs with their defense.

SD got to the playoffs because of a missed call in a game against KC's backup roster.

The Dalton led Bungles have been to the playoffs 3 years in a row. 3 YEARS IN A ROW! No need to remind the board the Bills playoff record over the past 14 season.

And you mean to tell me that taking Aaron Williams over Dalton was a good choice? The stuff on this board is downright delusional at times.

Why hate on Aaron Williams? He is a player that gives it all every play. Now if you started a thread saying we drafted Mike Williams over Ed Reed I see your point. But Dalton over Williams :lol:

I wasn't hating on A-aron

Dalton has taken his team to the playoffs three years in a row.

What have the Bills QBs done?

And he laid an egg in every playoff game. Even the guys on ESPN radio were wondering if Cinci should dump Dalton so as not to waste the rest of their roster. (Cue the "Let's trade for Dalton" posts!)

PTR

And he laid an egg in every playoff game. Even the guys on ESPN radio were wondering if Cinci should dump Dalton so as not to waste the rest of their roster. (Cue the "Let's trade for Dalton" posts!)

PTR

I wish the Bills had a QB that would even get to the playoffs.

I think it's more accurate to say that Dalton's team took him to the playoffs, not the other way around.

Granted, with a QB of Dalton's capabilities, the Bills would have made the playoffs this year. So what, so we could be one and done like the Bengals? We should be thinking about the real goal, winning the SB.

I think EJ has much more upside and has the potential to take the Bills a lot further than Dalton can take the Bengals. With that team around Dalton, there was no excuse for not winning today.

Edited by Utah John

Totally agree. We should be absolutely not looking for an Andy Dalton or a Matt Schaub level guy. If another year down the road with EJ he looks like a Dalton (or even worse cannot stay on the field again) then we have to open our minds to re-drafting at the position. I know when you have not been in the play-offs for 14 years getting to the play-offs in itself seems like the goal... but it isn't. Winning a Championship is the goal and to do that you either need an elite guy (Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees) or a guy with big play ability who can come up clutch when his team need him most (Big Ben, Eli, Flacco and looks like Kapernick might belong in this company).

The real miss was Dareus over AJ Green that year. 99 is a good NFL player but AJ is a monster week in and week out.

Maybe. Green has been a bit injury prone and Bengals fans would have rather had Geno Atkins, who was hurt, in yesterday's game than Green.

I agree. And it was Pettine who moved him to safety. His balls skills as a CB were why he was moved out of that position.

He played CB in the Baltimore game this year and had 2 picks. No ball skills? We are talking about the current year.

The Dalton led Bungles have been to the playoffs 3 years in a row. 3 YEARS IN A ROW! No need to remind the board the Bills playoff record over the past 14 season.

And you mean to tell me that taking Aaron Williams over Dalton was a good choice? The stuff on this board is downright delusional at times.

Dalton would not have "led" a lot of teams to the playoffs. He isn't good enough. The Bengals were built to go to the SB. He held them back. He overthrew a wide open AJ Green in the endzone on the potential game winning TD last year in the playoffs and his turnovers and erratic play led to the loss yesterday. Their defense was actually pretty good despite not having their best defensive player and a banged up secondary. He is the Tony Romo of the AFC North.

Did anyone see the ball he massively over threw to AJ Green in the first half? Dreadful. Sailed miles over his head and was nearly picked off. I thought that was the worst throw of the lot. I watched the Baltimore game last week..... he was awful in that as well. He is carried by his team. He will always play well 3/4 games a year out of 16 but he will always crumble when the pressure is at its most intense.

Dalton has another year on his contract. They can extend him now or wait to see what he does next year. Even though Lewis said yesterday he has no questions about Dalton's role, I think they will wait. I think we have seen his ceiling. He just finished his 3rd year and has had tons of weapons. I don't think Gruden has helped him - SD has shown they cannot defend the deep ball, yet Gruden failed to exploit that. Why have AJ Green if you are not going to exploit the sh*t out of a secondary that is below average? NO targets to Tyler Eifert yesterday, your 1st rd pick? Dalton passed 51 times... Rivers passed 16? While I don't think you can pin a loss on one person, and Lewis needs to be held accountable as well (barely over a .500 record in 11 years and 0-5 in playoffs), Dalton isn't going to take this team to the SB. Some QBs make their WRs better - Luck, Brady, Manning... they elevate the team. Some QBs have a massive targets and can't seem to use tht to their ultimate advantage when it counts - Stafford, Dalton, Romo. Dalton may never have the types of weapons he has now, and this is as far as he could get.

(Aaron Williams) played CB in the Baltimore game this year and had 2 picks. No ball skills? We are talking about the current year.

Yep. He had 4 ints for the season and 11 passes defensed.

I'm not sure what Donnie Anderson had him drinking but he was a completely different player than his first two seasons.

Dalton would not have "led" a lot of teams to the playoffs. He isn't good enough. The Bengals were built to go to the SB. He held them back. He overthrew a wide open AJ Green in the endzone on the potential game winning TD last year in the playoffs and his turnovers and erratic play led to the loss yesterday. Their defense was actually pretty good despite not having their best defensive player and a banged up secondary.

He is the Tony Romo of the AFC North.

Nicely put except the Bengals would probably love to have Tony Romo instead of Dalton.

It's funny how high and mighty fans can become. The Bengals were a joke. Have they ever made the playoffs 3 years in a row before Dalton? He certainly has some faults but the guy has been to the playoffs every year in the league. Personally, I thought he was a little more athletic Fitz and it seems pretty accurate. But the guy certainly has had some very good moments.

As for Williams, it's sad how quickly some fans want to label a guy a bust. It's like you get some prize for being the first to call someone a bust. Good for Williams for being a baller.