We took Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton

boyst

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get this back on track --- I'd rather have Aaron Williams than Andy Dalton --- to me, Williams will be a Top 10 safety and Dalton will never be more than an average NFL QB --- and tease you with 8,9 and 10 win seasons --- I'm afraid EJ might be headed in that same direction --- if you want to talk revisionist history, reopen the TJGraham vs. Russell Wilson post

Ruh-Roh...

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 1h

Mike Brown preferred Ryan Mallett to Andy Dalton, too http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nJY

Mike Brown also preferred Kaepernick to Dalton but Gruden lobbied hard for Dalton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/07/report-mike-brown-liked-kaepernick-jay-gruden-wanted-dalton/

We still don't know what Mallett can do, or has this been determined?

Serious question, no hostility at all.....who would you rather have on the Bills as we speak, Mallett or EJ Manuel?

I was just posting a link from PFT...showing there is real unrest in the land of Cincy with the owner throwing the OC under the bus for the play of the QB right as he is interviewing for HC jobs.... earlier today, another story was released saying he also wanted to take Kaepernik instead and Gruden talked him into Dalton. My feeling is, if you are the owner, and you really feel strongly against a player... you don't let your OC talk you into another guy. But funny he wanted Mallett, who ended up going much later (4th?). I think it was for off the field issues that he dropped. I only saw him play once, in the OSU-Ark Sugar Bowl. I don't remember much other than he lost and threw an INT on what would have been the GW drive for Ark.

To get this back on track --- I'd rather have Aaron Williams than Andy Dalton --- to me, Williams will be a Top 10 safety and Dalton will never be more than an average NFL QB --- and tease you with 8,9 and 10 win seasons --- I'm afraid EJ might be headed in that same direction --- if you want to talk revisionist history, reopen the TJGraham vs. Russell Wilson post

Perhaps Buddy really wanted Andy Williams...and settled. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I was big on Williams. He suffered, like so many players, from a coaching staff playing him out of position. Now that he is back at his true position, he is showing how good he can be. Dalton has flashes of brilliance but has equally big flame outs. He is an average QB on a team with a good defense.