We took Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton

boyst

LOL

Actually most people in that thread agreed Dalton wasn't anything special and were ok with the Bills' pick. And it seems like there's been a "Dalton sucks" thread every year during wild card weekend. IIRC he was awful last year too.

It's not just Dalton sucks. It's my Aaron Williams assessment. Mason Foster . . . justin Houston . . . I was on freaking fire.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but comparing him to the A williams pick doesn't make your point. If Williams never showed up for another game in Buffalo, few would notice.

In the thread, and many other threads since, there have been a ton of people upset we picked him over Dalton.

Search "Andy Dalton Aaron Williams" and then turn to ascending. It's surprising to see how much it came up.

Again, I am not throwing mud in any posters face or eggs or anything. I am saying that we were quick to judge that situation and maybe we're doing that with players now.

Oh the memories

Guess we can't always get them right.

This is a reminder that we are all fans, not to polk fun at anyone or make anyone upset. We're all wrong at some point and we don't need to pile on each other but it really is something to be happy about. Time has passed and like someone said in the thread, lets wait a few seasons. We have!

Go Aaron Wiliams!

Amen ....

Oh the memories

Guess we can't always get them right.

This is a reminder that we are all fans, not to polk fun at anyone or make anyone upset. We're all wrong at some point and we don't need to pile on each other but it really is something to be happy about. Time has passed and like someone said in the thread, lets wait a few seasons. We have!

Go Aaron Wiliams!

Masterfully done! Things are getting quite ticky tacky on this boards!

I think that it's the opposite in this case. Dalton's team has taken him to the playoffs 3 straight years.

Something we can agree on Kirby :thumbsup:

Masterfully done! Things are getting quite ticky tacky on this boards!

Something we can agree on Kirby :thumbsup:

Ha ha, finally!! It amazes me. That team has a lot of talent and a QB that has held them back. Will their window close before they get that position straightened out? I kind of feel like that is what was going on with the Texans as well. Schaub was always good enough to keep his job and never good enough to win the big one. That's a tough position that the Bengals find themselves in.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

In the thread, and many other threads since, there have been a ton of people upset we picked him over Dalton.

Search "Andy Dalton Aaron Williams" and then turn to ascending. It's surprising to see how much it came up.

Again, I am not throwing mud in any posters face or eggs or anything. I am saying that we were quick to judge that situation and maybe we're doing that with players now.

I understand. But Williams is a mediocre pick. He looks decent at SS because he was so awful at CB. Nothing for us to crow about.

As others have pointed out, plenty here didn't want Dalton.

I understand. But Williams is a mediocre pick. He looks decent at SS because he was so awful at CB. Nothing for us to crow about.

No... he is one of the strengths of the team. He can play both positions. He as awful at CB before Pettine came, as was McKelvin. Not the case now. Great pick.

Ha ha, finally!! It amazes me. That team has a lot of talent and a QB that has held them back. Will their window close before they get that position straightened out? I kind of feel like that is what was going on with the Texans as well. Schaub was always good enough to keep his job and never good enough to win the big one. That's a tough position that the Bengals find themselves in.

At some point the QB either elevates you or deflates you. Luck, Manning, Brady,Brees, Rogers - no matter who else is out there on the team, with these guys you know you always have a chance. With Dalton, it is the opposite. I live in Ohio and the fans gave up on him last year. Media says he will get a pass but the extension he us up for? Yikes... the owner is cheap so Lewis will be safe, not sure if they draft a guy. very dicey off season.

No... he is one of the strengths of the team. He can play both positions. He as awful at CB before Pettine came, as was McKelvin. Not the case now. Great pick.

At some point the QB either elevates you or deflates you. Luck, Manning, Brady,Brees, Rogers - no matter who else is out there on the team, with these guys you know you always have a chance. With Dalton, it is the opposite. I live in Ohio and the fans gave up on him last year. Media says he will get a pass but the extension he us up for? Yikes... the owner is cheap so Lewis will be safe, not sure if they draft a guy. very dicey off season.

He still can't cover at CB. He was moved to safety because of this.

Are you saying that if he was drafted as a safety and did as well as he did this year, then he'd have been a good pick? But, because he was athletic enough to try at CB first, before moving to S, then he was a crappy pick?

Man, some can spin anything....

I disagree . Williams looks very good at the S position indeed. More credit to him for the abilty to step up and into

a rather valuable asset for Pettine.

Go Aaron !

Dalton lost the game on his own today

He still can't cover at CB. He was moved to safety because of this.

Good thing is he isn't a CB then... although in the games he had to pinch hit he did just fine. Most teams don't have a SS who can step up like that, and his ball skills from being a CB originally make him even more dangerous to account for at SS. Most of all, I think AW has emerged as a team leader. He seems to be at just about every Bills event. his mentor is Fred, and he seems to love being on this team and the city of Buffalo. This team needs leaders, and he is becoming one.

Good thing is he isn't a CB then... although in the games he had to pinch hit he did just fine. Most teams don't have a SS who can step up like that, and his ball skills from being a CB originally make him even more dangerous to account for at SS. Most of all, I think AW has emerged as a team leader. He seems to be at just about every Bills event. his mentor is Fred, and he seems to love being on this team and the city of Buffalo. This team needs leaders, and he is becoming one.

I agree. And it was Pettine who moved him to safety. His balls skills as a CB were why he was moved out of that position.