Would the Bills trade up to get Watkins?

Steve Smith has got to be 5'8 or 5'9, yet he is probably one of the most physical, intimidating receivers I've ever seen. He plays like he's 6'8. I would be very happy with Watkins at 9...trading up to get him....not so much.

Edited by smuvtalker

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw yesterday and the other 5 or 6 bowl games I watched ( including the Buffalo games with Khali ), Watkins was the most impressive. Do it, Do it! Woods, Watkins and I know you guys keep talking TE but Chandler and Moaki will be good!

They may not need to. A lot of the teams in front of the Bills are going to be taking QBs and I think the Bills may have their pick of several receivers. This mock draft article paints a nice picture for the Bills at #9.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nfl-mock-draft-dream-draft-tennessee-titans-210100926--nfl.html?soc_src=copy

They may not need to. A lot of the teams in front of the Bills are going to be taking QBs and I think the Bills may have their pick of several receivers. This mock draft article paints a nice picture for the Bills at #9.

http://sports.yahoo....ml?soc_src=copy

No way, man. Nobody will slip to the Bills. We're doomed. There's like 25 players going off the board before the Bills pick at #9. :ph34r:

It was mentioned by Chris Brown that he had overheard Doug Whaley during games talk to himself saying that the Bills needed a big physical receiver

I think WR/TE has more value than a LB in round one for us. Especially because Stevie had injury concerns, Graham should just be a special teamer, and Goodwin also has injury concerns

I am sure the Bills will be thoroughly scouting Ebron, Watkins, etc

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nfl-mock-draft-dream-draft-tennessee-titans-210100926--nfl.html?soc_src=copy

Interesting in this article how the author likens Watkins to Tavon Austin (with the disclaimer "but better"). I agree with the "but better" part, but ummmm no.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

http://sports.yahoo....ml?soc_src=copy

That Mock is ESPN/NFL Network's wet dream...5 QB's in the top 8 picks? The networks would just love it... B-)

Watkins last night shined again the back up CB...that was playing off of him because Ohio St secondary was so terrible.... he has nice speed but we have that....id rather go Evan the 6'5 wr from Texas am....give to a target in the red zone...

Yes Watkins was playing against the Buckeye back-ups, but Watkins has played very good his past two seasons with Clemson.

I'm not saying the Bills should draft him, but you are doing a disservice to Watkins by focusing on the fact that the Buckeyes were not at full strength in their secondary.

Look at the full body of work by Watkins and you will see that he has a good chance of being a very good WR in the NFL.

Yes to drafting Watkins at 9. Yes to trading down if another team wants Watkins and will give up some extra picks. No to trading up for Watkins. Sammy Watkins >>>>>> mike evans. I'd rather draft a TE in the first, than draft evans.

I'd rather draft Khalil Mack, but I agree with everything you say.

Except that I would draft a TE only if we trade down.

This could be the dumbest mock I have ever seen.

Whatever we do, make sure we come out with a new RT, Guards and LB to replace what we have now. With an upgrades at these positions and hopefully some meaningful development from our QB, along with figuring out how to limit the run and improving the special teams, we can finally reach the playoffs.

Steve Smith has got to be 5'8 or 5'9, yet he is probably one of the most physical, intimidating receivers I've ever seen. He plays like he's 6'8. I would be very happy with Watkins at 9...trading up to get him....not so much.

I have to watch more of Watkins, but the first half of this is cold hard truth. Smith is a baller and has a borderline case for the HOF with a real cast of middling QBs until Newton came around. He makes QBs better.

Good teams rarely trade up. There is a ton of talent in every draft. I like Watkins but I want a big wr/ TE. Watkins made a lot of plays against a college cb & not a pro one like Robey. Much different ball game.

There are three scenarios in which you trade up.

1) The QB of your dreams is there, and he is all you need.

2) You are fleecing the other team

3) You're a pick away from grabbing a guy you love, before a sizable drop-off in talent, and are afraid someone else will take him.

That's a lot of conditions to deal with, and the chance that you meet any one of them is rare-ish.