What did you do today?

Just Jack

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gugny!!! Those very kind words really takes the sting out of "losing her"...much appreciated! :beer: They tried to get her to sign up for six, she chose four just in case....you know her dream job would have been a gunner on an AC130 gunship. :lol: I'll keep you updated....

that's going to be awesome! Congrats on the empty nest! Time to buy a camper!

Thanks Gugny!!! Those very kind words really takes the sting out of "losing her"...much appreciated! :beer: They tried to get her to sign up for six, she chose four just in case....you know her dream job would have been a gunner on an AC130 gunship. :lol: I'll keep you updated....

Wow, how things remain the same. The nuke program was a 6 year deal, too. Good for her. If she thinks she wants to commit more time after 4, she can easily switch rates and she'll have the advantage of knowing it's something she doesn't mind investing more time into. I'm glad I could take some sting out!!

Could be worse. She could be in a combat arm. :w00t:

How's Nervous Boy doing?

That's what she wants!! Plus, with her job, it's a real possibility...that makes me well....you know....The boy is well, still living in FL, working and following the straight and narrow so to speak, he visited for a few days in June to attend his sister's graduation, that was nice, we played golf and just hung out for about a week. He's thinking about taking a class in the fall to get back into that mode and will see what happens...but so far so very good...fingers crossed. Sigh, all the chicks are fleeing the nest, ugh....

Thanks....Yeah, I was pretty impressed by that myself...she ain't no girly girl...hard to believe since she's a real heart breaker.

nice that she got that from her mom because god knows you're the biggest kitty around.

I did very well on my ASVAB, too. They tried to get me to go nukes. I chose Radioman, which was on the lower end of ASVAB requirements. I didn't care. It was the job that looked most-appealing to me. I loved it. I just didn't love the Navy, so I got out after 4. But I have no regrets because I did what I wanted to do.

Anyway, I'm glad your daughter had her pick and that she chose something that she really wanted.

This is seriously one of the coolest jobs I've ever seen. It's great to see a young woman take control of her career. I look forward to you bragging about her .. as you should!

ferchrissakes, sucking up to the mods again?

That's what she wants!! Plus, with her job, it's a real possibility...that makes me well....you know....The boy is well, still living in FL, working and following the straight and narrow so to speak, he visited for a few days in June to attend his sister's graduation, that was nice, we played golf and just hung out for about a week. He's thinking about taking a class in the fall to get back into that mode and will see what happens...but so far so very good...fingers crossed. Sigh, all the chicks are fleeing the nest, ugh....

Very happy to read this.

Been in almost 15 years now, and while I didn't look forward to basic training, it certainly helped me become more respectful and responsible! Not that I wasn't already- but, I think you get my drift...

Best of luck to her and you guys! Better attend her graduation!!!

On the bright side, with the empty nest you'll have more time for T-Bone...

I saw my dream girl today. Literally stopped in my tracks and stared, then realized I was staring and looked away. Luckily she didn't see me staring. If I could have gotten a picture I would have. Alas, though, she appeared to be about 20 years younger than me.

Attended a huge bike rally at the tulsa drag strip today. 30,000 motorcycles. Lots of really cool people. Last weekend was a big drag boat race on the river. Fun stuff!

Edit. News just reported 55,000 bikes. Wow!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

I saw my dream girl today. Literally stopped in my tracks and stared, then realized I was staring and looked away. Luckily she didn't see me staring. If I could have gotten a picture I would have. Alas, though, she appeared to be about 20 years younger than me.

There's nothing wrong with elderly women.

Went to VA, including Bedford to this place...

yDrsc3s.jpg

Which let me meet BuffaloBill Sr.

That is where my son is getting married this oct. in Bddford.

I got excited for Bills football

Edited by mead107