What did you do today?

Just Jack

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Had me some boudin and hogs head cheese today.

Yummy.

I used to work in a Polish deli many moons ago when I was young and handsome. I came to the conclusion that the people eating head cheese, souse, et. al tended to look like that stuff. I think it still holds true now that I am old and even more handsome... I still don't eat that sh*t!

:nana:

J/K... Beer. But really, man was it uncanny! Maybe it was just the old Polish people. :D

BTW... My grandfather would slice that stuff up into chunks and dip it in vinegar... He died when he was 59. Also loved sledzie (sledja) aka: pickled herring... :sick:

Started out the day by bringing one of our cats to the vet at 7:45am with a serious upper respiratory issue. A quick exam, a shot in the ass (his, not mine) and about $80 later, the cat's prognosis is very good.

At 11, I brought my wife's car (2006 x5) to the garage after a funny smell and some smoke coming from under the hood.

Found out the alternator is on its way out and there were other issues that need to be addressed in short order ... all to the tune of over $1,000.

My mechanic told me I should consider trading the car in, as there would be other expensive repairs likely in the not-so-distant future. I cannot tell you how great it is having a trustworthy mechanic.

Broke the news to my wife that her BMW days were over and that we needed to go car shopping ASAP.

Got $7K on a trade and put $3K toward a lease on a 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L; pocketed the rest.

So much for no car payments, but it's worth it. She's got a very nice, very safe, very COVERED vehicle.

Messed around with my plow truck and plowed my drive for over 2 hrs. Damn cold out here on this mountain 7 degrees and wind. Going to my grandsons 1st birthday party. Then getting ready to make 5lbs of venison jerky. I hate winter. Thank the lord for healing my back and hip enough to be able to work. Getting old sux.

Got my wife up and about, made breakfast for us, did laundry, read some of my current book, made lunch, watched Dallas lose (thank you Jesus), made dinner, finished laundry, got wife in bed...and that's it for the most part. Worried some about the "tomorrows" and how I'll handle them, but then remembered that Dallas lost, so all is well for now.

Got my wife up and about, made breakfast for us, did laundry, read some of my current book, made lunch, watched Dallas lose (thank you Jesus), made dinner, finished laundry, got wife in bed...and that's it for the most part. Worried some about the "tomorrows" and how I'll handle them, but then remembered that Dallas lost, so all is well for now.

Hope today is better. Sound like a damn good husband.

I went downtown, to look for a job. Then I hung out, in front of the drug store.

What I am doing today? Quoting song lyrics and your post fits... LoL... ;-P

I don't believe you're tryin' to find no job, I seen you today you was standin' on a corner,

leaning up against a post. And... Don't tell me that you're tired and have been walkin' all day. That wouldn't confront me, long as I get my money next Friday!

:-)

What I am doing today? Quoting song lyrics and your post fits... LoL... ;-P

I don't believe you're tryin' to find no job, I seen you today you was standin' on a corner,

leaning up against a post. And... Don't tell me that you're tired and have been walkin' all day. That wouldn't confront me, long as I get my money next Friday!

:-)

You all hollerin' about the front rent, you'll be lucky to get any back rent. You ain't gonna get none of it.