What did you do today?

Just Jack

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Finished. Painting. My friggin house. YES!!! I bought my house in Nov 2010. The following spring, I made all the necessary repairs, applied 100+ tube of caulk, and applied 2-3 good coats of paint on the entire exterior in about two months.

I began the interior in the winter of 2012. I worked seemingly every weekend that winter, but came no where close to completing the job. The following winter, I picked up where I left off, and by springtime 2014, I had completed every inch of trim, kitchen cabinets, three bathroom cabinets/closets, laundry room cabinets, and all of the doors.

This winter all i had left was the walls. Oh what the heck, I said to myself, I should do the ceilings before starting on the walls. Ugh.

Anyway, I pretty much finished up on the Saturday before superbowl. 2400 square feet done, every square inch, inside and out!!! Yesterday and today were some final touch ups. God bless it, i never want to move so I will hopefully never have to go through all of that again.

Sad thing is, I probably need to start thinking about doing the exterior again soon.

Cheers to me! Yipeee!!!!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

Went and ordered new washer and dryer. Also pedestals for underneath the washer and dryer. $3500 later they will be here in two weeks

What the heck! Did you buy the boat to China too! Hello, is this mic on... Is this PC to say!

:D

Are these Bad Boys gold plated! :nana:

Finished. Painting. My friggin house. YES!!! I bought my house in Nov 2010. The following spring, I made all the necessary repairs, applied 100+ tube of caulk, and applied 2-3 good coats of paint on the entire exterior in about two months.

I began the interior in the winter of 2012. I worked seemingly every weekend that winter, but came no where close to completing the job. The following winter, I picked up where I left off, and by springtime 2014, I had completed every inch of trim, kitchen cabinets, three bathroom cabinets/closets, laundry room cabinets, and all of the doors.

This winter all i had left was the walls. Oh what the heck, I said to myself, I should do the ceilings before starting on the walls. Ugh.

Anyway, I pretty much finished up on the Saturday before superbowl. 2400 square feet done, every square inch, inside and out!!! Yesterday and today were some final touch ups. God bless it, i never want to move so I will hopefully never have to go through all of that again.

Sad thing is, I probably need to start thinking about doing the exterior again soon.

Cheers to me! Yipeee!!!!

Four words:

Brick or vinyl siding

:nana:

Four words:

Brick or vinyl siding

:nana:

I have mostly rock exterior. The outside turned out to be the easy part. I would love to slap whoever painted the interior last though. Paint on every door hinge and handle, and latex paint over oil based stain on all the trim with no primer. You could peel it off easily with your fingernails.I may have been better off just replacing most of the trim.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

Went snowboarding on Friday in VT in -14 degree temps, then on Saturday rode a bike to the beach in CA in 80 degree temps.

It's a chilly one today though, might not even hit 70!

And I'm so loyal to the East Cost becaaaaaause? :beer: