Playoff games having trouble Selling Out

Have to disagree as playoff tickets in most cities that have a good fan base normally sellout in less then a day

LOL.

So Green Bay is not a good fan base for not selling out a game that is going to be played in negative temperatures? This is news because it would break their 319 game sellout streak. Buffalo's streak is at 0.

Clearly they're a lousy fan base and the team should be contracted.

Let's show some perspective.

Edited by Pondslider

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy fans aren't really "fans", more like people that go out to watch an event...although with one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL(62,150) and a having dome and still can't sell out is pretty sad...

Having lived out there, I would agree with this.

Indy will always be a basketball town.

They are lucky they lucked into manning and luck, because they'd probably be in LA by now if they had our string of failure.

Having lived out there, I would agree with this.

Indy will always be a basketball town.

They are lucky they lucked into manning and luck, because they'd probably be in LA by now if they had our string of failure.

I live near Indy and know several season ticket holders. I was actually told by one of them last year that he wasn't going to renew his tickets and waste his money an a team that had to "struggle" to get into the playoffs. I giggled, called him a turd, and told him that one day I hoped that he would know what it feels like to be a true fan.

Go Bills!!!

I gave away my tickets to the Bears-Cowboys MNF game because of the cold and will only go to the Bills game next year if it's early in the season. $300 buys a lot of beer for me to watch a game in front of my tv and stay warm.

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN

I gave away my tickets to the Bears-Cowboys MNF game because of the cold and will only go to the Bills game next year if it's early in the season. $300 buys a lot of beer for me to watch a game in front of my tv and stay warm.

Sunday Ticket also

Here is the actual story:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/despite-slow-ticket-sales-packers-vow-no-tv-blackout-for-49ers-game-b99175124z1-238296641.html

Under a new policy, fans who paid for playoff tickets were told that, if the team didn't make the playoffs, the money would be automatically applied to the cost of 2014 season tickets. In the past, the Packers returned that credit balance to season-ticket holders.

In previous years, fans had the option of allowing the Packers to keep their money if the team didn't make the playoffs, and apply it to next season's season-ticket bill. Fully half of all season-ticket holders chose that option, a team official said.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/news/despite-slow-ticket-sales-packers-vow-no-tv-blackout-for-49ers-game-b99175124z1-238296641.html#ixzz2pFSnEEmq

Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Season Ticket holders, in November, thought "I'm not going to give the Packers a 0% interest loan on my 2014 season, since the Packers clearly are playing like crap and Detroit is going to win the division." Then the entire NFC North all **** the bed and the Packers somehow fell in backwards to the division.

Now the fan base is like, oh crap I need to get some tickets.

The game will sell out.

This isn't a data point on how the NFL is crumbling to non existence.

That's the way it should work. Commitment to putting the best product you can on the field and a reciprocation from fans. Haven't had that here.

Personally, I believe the commitment is there. It's the execution that's lacking.

If Russ Brandon were CEO of those franchises, he'd sell the fan base on how the area couldn't support the team, and for it to remain viable, they should play 1 or more games in toronto.

Sounds like you're accidentally referring to how the Packers used to play in Milwaukee.

May we be witnessing the beginning of the decline of NFL football? The Colts and Packers fans are probably so used to seeing their teams win that they are taking them for granted. Cincy is really more of a baseball town than football. I wonder if the NFL takes away teams from US cities and starts putting them in places like London, Toronto, etc. will we see an end to the popularity of the NFL as we know it?

May we be witnessing the beginning of the decline of NFL football? The Colts and Packers fans are probably so used to seeing their teams win that they are taking them for granted. Cincy is really more of a baseball town than football. I wonder if the NFL takes away teams from US cities and starts putting them in places like London, Toronto, etc. will we see an end to the popularity of the NFL as we know it?

Truth

May we be witnessing the beginning of the decline of NFL football?

I respectfully disagree. I can see how you would think that. But, I am convinced that the opposite is true. The NFL is an extremely successful marketing machine that is slowly( maybe not so slowly) spreading its influence across the globe and creating millions upon millions of new NFL fans every year. The product referred to as the (NFL) is a hugely successful American export that will continue to grow and expand its influence throughout our lifetimes I believe.

To be clear - I think it is gaining in popularity here in the USA and abroad.

Edited by PolishDave

I live near Indy and know several season ticket holders. I was actually told by one of them last year that he wasn't going to renew his tickets and waste his money an a team that had to "struggle" to get into the playoffs. I giggled, called him a turd, and told him that one day I hoped that he would know what it feels like to be a true fan.

Go Bills!!!

This just ticks me off.

I have a friend who says the team he hates the most is Indy. His position is that the one year that they face a key injury, the entire franchise just rolls over and dies. They didn't even try to gut out a 4-5 win season, like every other team would have done. And they are rewarded handsomely for giving up, by getting only the second sure-fire No. 1 overall QB selection in the last 20 years (the other being Peyton Manning).

The NFL is losing touch with local fan bases as this is the downside to big money buying season tix and boxes. The average family is hard pressed to cough up the funds it takes to attend games. People probably assume the game will sell out and would rather see it on tv.

The "losing touch" extends beyond pricing. The restrictions on what can go in and out of a stadium are ridiculous. -2, and I have to worry about whether my handwarmer is allowed? Is my belt buckle within the size limitations? Oh, I can't bring in a heated seat cushion? The stadium experience isn't wonderful, either, when your ears are assaulted with generic music in between every play, etc. There are lots of reasons to stay away, unfortunately.

I have a friend who says the team he hates the most is Indy. His position is that the one year that they face a key injury, the entire franchise just rolls over and dies. They didn't even try to gut out a 4-5 win season, like every other team would have done. And they are rewarded handsomely for giving up, by getting only the second sure-fire No. 1 overall QB selection in the last 20 years (the other being Peyton Manning).

Of course they did not try and gut out any wins. Had they done so, they would have not gotten P. Manning Jr. Given the choice of sucking for one season or for 14+, which would you take? Suck for Luck my friend.

Edited by CodeMonkey

All evidence suggests this is not the case.

The "losing touch" extends beyond pricing. The restrictions on what can go in and out of a stadium are ridiculous. -2, and I have to worry about whether my handwarmer is allowed? Is my belt buckle within the size limitations? Oh, I can't bring in a heated seat cushion? The stadium experience isn't wonderful, either, when your ears are assaulted with generic music in between every play, etc. There are lots of reasons to stay away, unfortunately.

Jeez, man--what are you wearing?? Are you a bull rider or something?

This just ticks me off.

Karma may befall Mr. Irsay. He talks a bunch of smack. We'll see if his new Colts get more than 1 SB since he thinks Manning's Colts failed with all of their playoff seasons.