Jets have no qualms about drafting another QB...

Mr. WEO

Just like any other position, they're looking to improve their football team. You can't exactly argue against this sentiment.

In contrast, it appears the Bills want to gamble on a mediocre player developing, just like they did with Trent, Johnson, and JP. To each it's own.

Did I miss the offseason?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Save your breath for the fanboys who actually thought that at the time. I don't know anyone who thought EJ was any more than a raw prospect with a very high ceiling who did very well with the entire process leading up to his selection.

GO BILLS!!!

Right.

That's all I'm saying.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh all of the sudden we should take ques from one of the worst drafting franchises in NFL history? The same franchise that has YouTube videos of disappointed fans losing their minds at each pick? Ooookkayyy.

Either way the Jets are dumb if they draft a QB early, they have so few offensive weapons it's laughable. They would be best served to see what Geno can do with a good, consistent running game and another WR and someone who can play TE. If they do draft a QB and leave the rest of the cupboard baren they will ruin another young QB.

IMO it's just posturing by them, nothing more

Bills should definately draft another QB in rounds 2-4 if a good one is available, and let him come in and compete. Now that EJ and Thad have playing experience, this is a better option than signing some washed up vet, and who knows, he could wind up being the guy for the future. EJ is a huge question mark in terms of ability and durability. Wilson and Foles were taken in the 3rd round, 6 and 19 picks, respectively, after the Bills took TJ Graham (ouch!).

Mock drafts show four or five QBs going before the ninth pick. Would you rather they take the fifth or sixth QB or possibly the best LB, TE, or WR? After eight pick the remaining QBs are going to fall to second and third round.

2013 says no.

I think 2013 is irrelevant.

Didn't he injure his shoulder in the preseason?

He's an organizational part and a sunken cost. He was a former high first rounder.

It would seem wise to let him compete with Geno, if the Jets are truly serious about fostering competition.

Regardless it'll be interesting comparing the rhetoric with the actual player moves this offseason.

Mock drafts show four or five QBs going before the ninth pick. Would you rather they take the fifth or sixth QB or possibly the best LB, TE, or WR? After eight pick the remaining QBs are going to fall to second and third round.

If they have that QB rated as their BPA, I have no problem with it. I guarantee that won't be the case though.

GO BILLS!!!

mock draft this early? Won't be very relevant. I promise no mock last year had three OTgoing first.

Compete with who?? The likelihood that a QB taken in rounds 2 through 4 would look better than EJ with a year under his belt is low, I'd be surprised if he even looked better than Lewis or Tuell.

As soon as we bring in another QB to complete you're now taking time/snaps away from EJ's development. He may end up being a flop, know one know, quite frankly the odds favor him failing just because there's typically about ten failures for every successful franchise QB out there today. But until you know that it makes little sense to use another valuable high draft choice to have a competition. If you use a low draft pick, then he likely will just be another Trent Edwards type, someone who shos flashes of looking good, but never quite gets there. I'd rather see them bring in a Cutler or Shaurb as a backup, if EJ gets hurt or regresses, then play the other guy. But you want someone who's clearly an improvement. Else I'd rather let Lewis or Tuell play.

Bills should definately draft another QB in rounds 2-4 if a good one is available, and let him come in and compete. Now that EJ and Thad have playing experience, this is a better option than signing some washed up vet, and who knows, he could wind up being the guy for the future. EJ is a huge question mark in terms of ability and durability. Wilson and Foles were taken in the 3rd round, 6 and 19 picks, respectively, after the Bills took TJ Graham (ouch!).

mock draft this early? Won't be very relevant. I promise no mock last year had three OTgoing first.

I think these guys purposely do early mock drafts (I saw some from October!) with picks on there that make no sense just to get clicks to their website (cough - The Big Lead - cough) and incite anger in fan bases.

I think 2013 is irrelevant.

Didn't he injure his shoulder in the preseason?

He's an organizational part and a sunken cost. He was a former high first rounder.

It would seem wise to let him compete with Geno, if the Jets are truly serious about fostering competition.

Regardless it'll be interesting comparing the rhetoric with the actual player moves this offseason.

2013 sealed Snachez's fate. He lost his starting job to McElroy, twice, in 2012. The shoulder injury will make it easier for them to swallow what's left of his cost. There is just no way Sanchez can compete in a meaningful way given the past 2 years.

2013 sealed Snachez's fate. He lost his starting job to McElroy, twice, in 2012. The shoulder injury will make it easier for them to swallow what's left of his cost. There is just no way Sanchez can compete in a meaningful way given the past 2 years.

Ah but you've forgotten that Rex' has a tattoo of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey!

http://www.9news.com...ryan-tattoo.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Geno was not drafted in the 1st round. That aside, are you suggesting that we shall follow in the footsteps of this model franchise due to the success they have had with their offensive draft choices? :rolleyes:

Geno was not drafted in the 1st round. That aside, are you suggesting that we shall follow in the footsteps of this model franchise due to the success they have had with their offensive draft choices? :rolleyes:

If what EJ did this year shows as him being THE GUY then i'm done with football ! Last year the QB class sucked & it showed this year, I'm not saying to give up on EJ but to just sit like we have done for the past how many years since we drafted Losman with out taking a QB makes little or no sense !!

The Pats have always taken other QB's to develop if for nothing else a security blanket if the #1 goes down & if they see another in the draft that they want they trade the one they have had & get draft picks .

So lets look at a team that has been in the play offs for the same amount of years that we have not been in & follow what they do i'm thinking :doh: OR lets do exactly what we have done in the past bet the farm on EJ & see if that gets us in any quicker ???

FWIW, the Jets still have Mark Sanchez under contract for one more year.

Couldn't he be the one that provides competition for Geno?

Does the contract make it much easier to cut him this year though? Not sure but it seems I often hear it discussed as a near certainty even though I've never seen the actual numbers.