Jets have no qualms about drafting another QB...

Mr. WEO

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno was not drafted in the 1st round. That aside, are you suggesting that we shall follow in the footsteps of this model franchise due to the success they have had with their offensive draft choices? :rolleyes:

Sorry, meant their top pick.

Just saying they are going about things differently. Here it can not be broached without inducing mild hysteria from some corners

Bills have no qualms picking a QB at 9, either, if that QB is a better prospect than EJ Manuel. No qualms at all.

Is anyone really that delusional to think all eight teams before us in the draft are gonna let such a QB prospect fall? It would have to be a day one starting, blue chip prospect. No way that happens.

GO BILLS!!!

Bills have no qualms picking a QB at 9, either, if that QB is a better prospect than EJ Manuel. No qualms at all.

Is anyone really that delusional to think all eight teams before us in the draft are gonna let such a QB prospect fall? It would have to be a day one starting, blue chip prospect. No way that happens.

GO BILLS!!!

Who are the "blue chip" prospects?

I seem to remember the Bills taking a reach "project" QB at 16. Maybe we do that again, except with Manziel. And the we go to the playoffs.

Who are the "blue chip" prospects?

I seem to remember the Bills taking a reach "project" QB at 16. Maybe we do that again, except with Manziel. And the we go to the playoffs.

Makes absolutely no sense to take another project. None at all. They already have one. For the Bills to consider taking one at nine, he has to be a better QB entering the draft and that QB won't fall to the Bills at nine.

As to who they are, let me talk to some folks and get back to you. That won't be until after everyone declares, the Senior Bowl, and combine. There seems to be one consensus player at the moment, Teddy Bridgewater. But like I said, I want confirmation from people I trust.

GO BILLS!!!

Makes absolutely no sense to take another project. None at all. They already have one. For the Bills to consider taking one at nine, he has to be a better QB entering the draft and that QB won't fall to the Bills at nine.

As to who they are, let me talk to some folks and get back to you. That won't be until after everyone declares, the Senior Bowl, and combine. There seems to be one consensus player at the moment, Teddy Bridgewater. But like I said, I want confirmation from people I trust.

GO BILLS!!!

if the bills draft a QB it'll be later. I expect it to be someone like Boyd or Aaron Murray.

GO BILLS!!!

At least 15 teams were willing to let EJ fall last draft.

At least 15 teams were willing to let EJ fall last draft.

EJ was NEVER considered a blue-chip prospect going into or coming out of that draft and that's the point. That's why he fell. Not sure what your point is.

GO BILLS!!!

EJ was NEVER considered a blue-chip prospect going into or coming out of that draft and that's the point. That's why he fell. Not sure what your point is.

GO BILLS!!!

Wait, he wasn't? seems many here thought otherwise when we traded down and still were able to "get" him at 16.

Wait, he wasn't? seems many here thought otherwise when we traded down and still were able to "get" him at 16.

don't confuse value and compensation for talent

Manuels value was not 16th, but being that we got him at 16th with a 46th changed that - his compensation value made him worthwhile, especially being that we would have likely selected him 8th anyway.

Agreed with k-9s sentiment here - unless we think we are looking at a slam dunk, focus on developing what we have. If it's a slam dunk qb, he's not likely getting to 9.

So, who could we trade up with? Lets say no QB's taken by 5th pick, or maybe just 1 QB.

Who would be a partner up there? Would it be worth it?

EJ was a talented prospect with a lot going for him but a don't think anyone thought he was a luck, rg3, etc.... type prospect.

Just like any other position, they're looking to improve their football team. You can't exactly argue against this sentiment. In contrast, it appears the Bills want to gamble on a mediocre player developing, just like they did with Trent, Johnson, and JP. To each it's own.

don't confuse value and compensation for talent

Manuels value was not 16th, but being that we got him at 16th with a 46th changed that - his compensation value made him worthwhile, especially being that we would have likely selected him 8th anyway.

I'm not confusing the two. The bolded is likely true.

It's like saying we would have paid $100,000 for a Nissan Murano, but we traded down for the opportunity to pay $50,000 for it.

So, who could we trade up with? Lets say no QB's taken by 5th pick, or maybe just 1 QB.

Who would be a partner up there? Would it be worth it?

I'm not going all in on another qb yet, personally. Like k9 ill hedge it a bit with time and patience in learning more before getting 100% but broad strokes, I don't think we have the type of ammo or opportunity to get the type of guy that would warrant the selection and it'd hardly be a value once we gave it all up to get there. I'd rather put that 9th pick into offensive talent and if EJ fails this year we simply have a better situation to bring a new guy into next year and still have the first rounder next year to get that guy (plus other picks).

Edited by NoSaint

Save your breath for the fanboys who actually thought that at the time. I don't know anyone who thought EJ was any more than a raw prospect with a very high ceiling who did very well with the entire process leading up to his selection.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed with k-9s sentiment here - unless we think we are looking at a slam dunk, focus on developing what we have. If it's a slam dunk qb, he's not likely getting to 9.

That's all I'm saying.

GO BILLS!!!