Jets have no qualms about drafting another QB...

Mr. WEO

The Jets will try to get Johnny football, and likely be able to get him.

The Pats will get McCarron.

The Fins will get Bortles

I don't think the Phins will pick another QB. I think Tannehill has shown the possibility of being a very good QB, so I believe they will try to shore up the OL to help him have a chance for success rather than take another QB who will also be saddled with a poor OL - and - both QBs getting fewer reps in training camp since there will be two fighting for the starting job. I am pretty sure that there would be some teams that would be happy to take Ryan Tannehill off their hands if they want to kick him to the curb.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes absolutely no sense to take another project. None at all. They already have one. For the Bills to consider taking one at nine, he has to be a better QB entering the draft and that QB won't fall to the Bills at nine.

As to who they are, let me talk to some folks and get back to you. That won't be until after everyone declares, the Senior Bowl, and combine. There seems to be one consensus player at the moment, Teddy Bridgewater. But like I said, I want confirmation from people I trust.

GO BILLS!!!

And Bridgewater will get picked apart in pre-draft analysis due to is small stature. Manuel is close to 240 lbs, Bridgewater might be 210 and is not supposed to be any better runner than Manuel. Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw of Bridgewater, but he isn't John Elway, Peyton Manning, or even Cam Newton...

Oh all of the sudden we should take ques from one of the worst drafting franchises in NFL history? The same franchise that has YouTube videos of disappointed fans losing their minds at each pick? Ooookkayyy.

Either way the Jets are dumb if they draft a QB early, they have so few offensive weapons it's laughable. They would be best served to see what Geno can do with a good, consistent running game and another WR and someone who can play TE. If they do draft a QB and leave the rest of the cupboard baren they will ruin another young QB.

IMO it's just posturing by them, nothing more

+1

You can't evaluate a qb without some talent around him.

They didn't say anything different than what our guys said at the end of season presser, "we always look to upgrade" "if we have a chance to improve the franchise, we will take it",etc.

Its all fluff at this point .

Bills should have a strong go with EJ and not consider otherwise. For two reasons. Marrone announced it and is now beolden to that claim.

2 because its the Right thing to do.

2015 we draft the next QB. I hope its not in the first round.

+1

You can't evaluate a qb without some talent around him.

you cant evaluate EJ with out 16 games and some continuity

And the Bills said basically the same thing.

Doug Whaley when asked about the QB position in the season ending press conference:

"But again, we will not hold ourselves back from picking a person that will help us take a winning step."

So if they see a guy at 9 that they think can help them, they would draft him.

If the Bills are looking to mimic the Jest, who traded up to draft Mark Sanchez and haven't drafted an impact offensive player since drafting Ferguson in 2006, I would be disappointed.

Doug Whaley when asked about the QB position in the season ending press conference:

"But again, we will not hold ourselves back from picking a person that will help us take a winning step."

If the Bills are looking to mimic the Jest, who traded up to draft Mark Sanchez and haven't drafted an impact offensive player since drafting Ferguson in 2006, I would be disappointed.

Shhhh it doesn't count when the Bills do it

Shhhh it doesn't count when the Bills do it

It takes many bold moves to build a team and transform a culture. The chance that there is a QB on the board in the top 10 this draft, who grades out higher than Manuel did last draft, may not be as vanishingly small as some might think. Or, it may be that the Bills think Manuel is the best QB prospect since John Elway. ;)

It takes many bold moves to build a team and transform a culture. The chance that there is a QB on the board in the top 10 this draft, who grades out higher than Manuel did last draft, may not be as vanishingly small as some might think. Or, it may be that the Bills think Manuel is the best QB prospect since John Elway. ;)

hey thats smarmy .

isnt it ?

I think these guys purposely do early mock drafts (I saw some from October!) with picks on there that make no sense just to get clicks to their website (cough - The Big Lead - cough) and incite anger in fan bases.

the mockers of big name have a racket. Its been well documented. They'll use mocks to hype players for prospective agents and college coaches. Thjs is a huge business and the guys mocking know that.

Does the contract make it much easier to cut him this year though? Not sure but it seems I often hear it discussed as a near certainty even though I've never seen the actual numbers.

Yes. Sanchez down to a $4.8m dead hit if cut(with a cap saving of $8.3m).

It would have been a $17.65m dead hit had they cut him after last season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/mark-sanchez/

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Mark%20Sanchez&Position=QB&Team=Jets

Compete with who?? The likelihood that a QB taken in rounds 2 through 4 would look better than EJ with a year under his belt is low, I'd be surprised if he even looked better than Lewis or Tuell.

As soon as we bring in another QB to complete you're now taking time/snaps away from EJ's development. He may end up being a flop, know one know, quite frankly the odds favor him failing just because there's typically about ten failures for every successful franchise QB out there today. But until you know that it makes little sense to use another valuable high draft choice to have a competition. If you use a low draft pick, then he likely will just be another Trent Edwards type, someone who shos flashes of looking good, but never quite gets there. I'd rather see them bring in a Cutler or Shaurb as a backup, if EJ gets hurt or regresses, then play the other guy. But you want someone who's clearly an improvement. Else I'd rather let Lewis or Tuell play.

This year Thad, an undrafted, UFA with no camp or preaseason and little experience played at EJ's level; better QB rating and same W/L %. So what is your basis for stating that "The likelihood that a QB taken in rounds 2 through 4 would look better than EJ with a year under his belt is low"? My point is that the Bills could wind up with a long term answer like Foles or Wilson in the third round like the Seahawks and Eagles did. Even if they sign a vet, he is going to take snaps away from EJ in camp and preseason. EJ right now is a question mark; if he is that good, he shouldn't be concerned about any competition to win the job, vet or rookie.

Just everyone stop. EJ is the QB next year. Bills aren't taking any QB in the first round unless Andrew Luck goes back to Stanford as a graduate student and redeclares for the draft. There is no QB in this draft better than any QB in last year's draft. There are three holes in the offensive line, a hole at LB, TE, maybe safety, and no true #1 WR.

They didn't say anything different than what our guys said at the end of season presser, "we always look to upgrade" "if we have a chance to improve the franchise, we will take it",etc.

The Jets said specifically that they will be looking at QBs. Marrone has named EJ next year's starter.

Its all fluff at this point .

Bills should have a strong go with EJ and not consider otherwise. For two reasons. Marrone announced it and is now beolden to that claim.

2 because its the Right thing to do.

2015 we draft the next QB. I hope its not in the first round.

you cant evaluate EJ with out 16 games and some continuity

How long is it going to take for him to reach 16 games?

He also said he was 110% sure EJ would start the NE game.

Totally different. That was a day to day injury issue.

The Jets said specifically that they will be looking at QBs. Marrone has named EJ next year's starter.

Doesn't mean the Bills can't look at QBs either. Hence why Doug Whaley said as much. If they think there is someone instantly better than EJ, it only makes sense.

Doesn't mean the Bills can't look at QBs either. Hence why Doug Whaley said as much. If they think there is someone instantly better than EJ, it only makes sense.

I got that. But one team announced to the press (check out the headline) that they will be looking at QBs. The other team has told their QB he is the starter next year and didn't mention they would be looking specifically at his competitor and potential replacement. Huge difference