NFL Coaches SALARY

papazoid

Wonder if the Bills would have paid Chip Kelly 6.5?

Wouldn't hv mattered as I don't think Chip would hv come to Buffalo. He recently made comments that he went to Philly bc it's a stable situation due to Laurie. I think this was a little but if a shot at Ckeveland who was trying to hire Chip as well

I wouldn't clarify the Bills as unstable but no one knows what's going to happen once Ralph is gone

I have said for a while that the salary cap should include coaches and trainers salary. It would actually create more parody. I think forcing a team like the Bills to possibly invest in say a QB coach for their 2 rookie QB's, or t Pats to pay Belichick, but that means they possibly can't afford Tommy Boy.

Edited by Mango

Coaches win games much more than the players do. It doesn't matter who plays for the Patsies they win every year. It doesn't matter who is on Dick LeBeuo has had on his defenses they are always top 5. I think the only real position that truly matters, is QB. Other positions can be masked with good coaching.

That is why I don't get teams, like the Bills, who cheap out of coaches. And not just HC, but coordinators too.

If I was an owner, I would have called up LeBeuo 10 years ago and offered to double his salary to come over and revamp our D. He would still be a DC but I'd pay him double whatever the Steelers are paying. I'd let him bring in his own staff and pay them double too. Boom - perennial top 5 Defense. LeBeou is a guy who already tried being a HC and doesn't want to be again - he is happy with just being a DC. I'd focus on guys like that.

Do the same for ST and O. Find a guy who has had top 5 ST units for the last five years and offer to double his salary. Boom - top 5 ST unit.

Edited by peterpan

Coaches win games much more than the players do. It doesn't matter who plays for the Patsies they win every year. It doesn't matter who is on Dick LeBeuo has had on his defenses they are always top 5. I think the only real position that truly matters, is QB. Other positions can be masked with good coaching.

That is why I don't get teams, like the Bills, who cheap out of coaches. And not just HC, but coordinators too.

If I was an owner, I would have called up LeBeuo 10 years ago and offered to double his salary to come over and revamp our D. He would still be a DC but I'd pay him double whatever the Steelers are paying. I'd let him bring in his own staff and pay them double too. Boom - perennial top 5 Defense. LeBeou is a guy who already tried being a HC and doesn't want to be again - he is happy with just being a DC. I'd focus on guys like that.

Do the same for ST and O. Find a guy who has had top 5 ST units for the last five years and offer to double his salary. Boom - top 5 ST unit.

It's odd you mention 10 years ago, because Dick Lebeau was the DC for the Buffalo Bills in 2003. And no matter who the coach is, you don't do well without talent.

I have said for a while that the salary cap should include coaches and trainers salary. It would actually create more parody. I think forcing a team like the Bills to possibly invest in say a QB coach for their 2 rookie QB's, or t Pats to pay Belichick, but that means they possibly can't afford Tommy Boy.

Um no, If you have a high priced coach will affect the quality of FA you can buy. Not that the Bills are spenders but I would like to pay what ever we need to get/keep the best coaches and still keep/get the best players. Why make things harder?

It's odd you mention 10 years ago, because Dick Lebeau was the DC for the Buffalo Bills in 2003. And no matter who the coach is, you don't do well without talent.

And I don't know any coach that would disagree with that. It's a players league. Always has been, always will be.

GO BILLS!!!

$3M/year is pretty standard salary for a first-time head coach. The only exceptions are the mega-names that come from college like Spurrier, Saban, and Kelly.

ya mean the ones we never, ever get?

And I don't know any coach that would disagree with that. It's a players league. Always has been, always will be.

GO BILLS!!!

bill belichick begs to differ. anyone else notice a striking correlation between the haves and havenots and the top and bottom of the coaching pay scale? btw, forbes has andy reid tied for 2nd at kc at 7.5 mil. Edited by birdog1960