Draft day movie trailer slams Bills.

GoBills19

Didn't see this mentioned at all yet and I thought it was interesting. The trailer for the draft day movie that was originally supposed to be about the bills and filmed in buffalo is out. Kevin Costner plays the gm of the browns and at the 16 second mark in the trailer he is on the phone with someone talking about the draft and he says every year someone comes out of this looking like a donkey and they cut to an aerial shot of The Ralph. Hollywood taking a shot at the Buffalo Bills? I am outraged. Last years draft was one of this teams best in quite some time. Hollywood will suck it come next season

It's really annoying how easily people get offended these days

The aerial shot of the Ralph is actually before he says or starts to say one team comes out looking like a Donkey not after.

Edited by Max997

I don't plan to see this. Bull Durham and Field of Dreams were great, but Kevin Costner hasn't done much to impress since.

Tin Cup was great. For Love of the Game was another baseball movie he did that was pretty good. Open Range was really good and Mr Brooks was ok even though it was basically Dexter

Edited by Max997

Maybe Dexter was inspired by Mr. Brooks :ph34r:

Well considering Dexter started in 2006 and Mr Brooks was 2007 I'd say no

But at this point most things are based off of something these days. Christian Bale played a similar role in American Psycho in 2000 which was a very underrated movie

Back to the draft day movie I'm sure I'll watch it bc I'm a draft geek but I'm not expecting it to be great. The Ralph looks pretty good from above though

Edited by Max997

On one hand, there's being offended by stuff like this....

On the other? Mark Sanchez. Tony Romo.

We can talk all we want about inferiority complexes, or, we can recognize, and discuss, the obvious bias that inundates the media when it comes to big market teams. I've watched the Bills/Miami game 3 times now(been making perogies all afternoon). It's hilarious watching the announcers play save ass for the rest of the game, after all of the schit they talked in the first quarter.

On one hand, there's being offended by stuff like this....

On the other? Mark Sanchez. Tony Romo.

We can talk all we want about inferiority complexes, or, we can recognize, and discuss, the obvious bias that inundates the media when it comes to big market teams. I've watched the Bills/Miami game 3 times now(been making perogies all afternoon). It's hilarious watching the announcers play save ass for the rest of the game, after all of the schit they talked in the first quarter.

Is your signature really necessary on a football website? It's more than a little ironic that you urge people to be patient about Manuel but have already arrived at a conclusion regarding the AHCA. Both were situations that needed fixing and in both instances, the powers that be did their best to address a glaring shortcoming. Let's be patient about both. If the Bills' official website had an issue after the Bills selected Manuel I wouldn't think any differently about how Manuel might perform on the field.

Is your signature really necessary on a football website? It's more than a little ironic that you urge people to be patient about Manuel but have already arrived at a conclusion regarding the AHCA. Both were situations that needed fixing and in both instances, the powers that be did their best to address a glaring shortcoming. Let's be patient about both. If the Bills' official website had an issue after the Bills selected Manuel I wouldn't think any differently about how Manuel might perform on the field.

This is football board, with a politics component. Most would argue one without the other, especially here, is an inferior product. Tim Russert. Enough said.

Let me take this opportunity to help you with 2 things:

1. If you want to use perfectly legitimate analogies, that involve politics, you can't do it here, on this part of the board. You might be able to use analogies that involve squirrels, and getting dogs, or people of similar IQ/attention span/information level, to attend to them, instead of something else, but you can't discuss politics here. The mods will give you points if you do.

2. If you want to try and make your point on PPP, I invite you to start a thread there. You will find reasonable, enlightened, fast-paced and stimulating discussion...and perhaps you will suceed in making your case.

In all cases, I won't engage in political discussion here, so tough schit if you don't like my sig. Perhaps you should go to PPP, and try to convince me to change it?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

This is football board, with a politics component. Most would argue one without the other, especially here, is an inferior product. Tim Russert. Enough said.

Let me take this opportunity to help you with 2 things:

1. If you want to use perfectly legitimate analogies, that involve politics, you can't do it here, on this part of the board. You might be able to use analogies that involve squirrels, and getting dogs, or people of similar IQ/attention span/information level, to attend to them, instead of something else, but you can't discuss politics here. The mods will give you points if you do.

2. If you want to try and make your point on PPP, I invite you to start a thread there. You will find reasonable, enlightened, fast-paced and stimulating discussion...and perhaps you will suceed in making your case.

In all cases, I won't engage in political discussion here, so tough schit if you don't like my sig. Perhaps you should go to PPP, and try to convince me to change it?

All fair enough. Again though, I just wonder you bother with the signature here if you won't discuss politics on this forum. Oh well. Go Bills.

The movie is going to suck, and very likely bomb. We should all be happy it's not about the Bills.

I really hope you are right. In true Bills fashion we blew it at the last second. Just another punch to the gut for this franchise, especially if the movie is good

Edited by kdiggz

I really hope you are right. In true Bills fashion we blew it at the last second. Just another punch to the gut for this franchise, especially if the movie is good

I read the screenplay for it and it was absolutely horrible. And the three other guys I know that read said the same thing. It was written by two guys who seem to know little about the NFL or the draft or the Bills. Some of it was preposterous. It, amazingly, won the blacklist award last year but I guarantee the people that voted for it knew nothing about football either. Football fans, its audience, I can't see liking it. It's possible they completely rewrote it but I doubt it. Kostner and Reitman have been making awful choices of late, too. It was written and bought because of the charm and comedy that Moneyball had when Brad Pitt was wheeling and dealing for players with Jonah Hill. But this is nothing like that, and that was accurate. This is farcical and stupid.

Costner is a very good actor but this does not look like a very good movie. It's a take on Money Ball or something. Very seldom do football movies come out well. There are maybe 3 that are actually very good movies and reflect the sport but still end up doing it with too much drama

The Program

Any Given Sunday

Ace Ventura

A good thing too since those tax breaks never work out and usually bring in about 50 cents to each dollar spent and that isn't generally to 'local' workers.

As an Ohioan, I have to strongly agree here. We are paying money so an out of state production company can come set up shop here for a few months, maybe 6, and then go home. Doesn't add up. Just allows the state government to say it is doing something to create jobs, when this tax credit does next to nothing.

kj

North Dallas Forty

The Longest Yard

All the right moves

Off the top of my head these weren't bad.

I actually liked Any Given Sunday as well. Not a great list though, baseball would have better films.

Those three, especially the Longest Yard, had a larger narrative then the actual game of football.

Any Given Sunday was a story around the game. All The Right Moves was a story about a teenager and his angst with the system, growing up, blablabla American Pie. The Longest Yard, especially the first, was about comedy and humor and making a story fun and funny. It was football meets Waterboy. I don't remember enough of North Dallas Forty. I obviously mentioned ace Ventura as a joke, by the way.

I think it pans to Buffalo because they're on the phone with the Bills. Your inferiority complex is showing.

Can't wait to see this, but it sucks that it wasn't about our team.

That's right--- they also show Arrowhead Stadium when Costner is speaking with another GM on the phone.

I think it's more likely that, rather than a slam against the Bills, it's more likely a gesture of simply acknowledging them because they were the depicted franchise/city throughout the scriptwriting and development process. Nothing more.