Do the Pats's care about next week?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling they do. They just beat a team with everything to play for. Knocked their starting QB out of the game, and generally pushed them all over the field. So I think they will bring it. The only problem I could see is that they will be so keyed up that they get sloppy, which Brady will exploit into a blowout. So hopefully they'll play heads-up, clog Marsha's passing lanes, and squeak one out.

Yeah, part of me thinks that they care. But part of me wonders if it was just for the fans on the final home game... and this game doesn't really matter. Hopefully Marrone and co. can get the troops fired up. Something to build on for the off season.

I want it to mean a lot and I want the Bils to go in there and thrash them anyway! I want them to beat the **** out of Brady when the game has significant meaning.

Time to send a message.

Same here, kick the c*** out of Brady. Beat them up. Time for the Bills to put their stamp on the AFC East....we're here boys and we'll be coming back even stronger next year !!

I think the most likely scenario is the game plays out as usual, with NE up comfortably into the 3rd / 4th quarter and Denver losing, yet Brady is still in the game and throwing the ball all over the field. It's at this point that it wouldn't make me sad if one of our DL were to Wilfork him.

The Broncos play the Raiders. Manning has all kinds of personal and team records on the line. I'm thinking that the Patriots are probably going into this knowing that they get NO help from the Raiders. My theory: The Patriots, who have already won the division and know they have playoffs ahead, take their foot off of the accelerator just a bit because they are looking ahead to a long playoff march and trying to save a little. Knocking heads with the Bills in a hard-fought battle will likely not get them #1.

That doesn't mean that Brady isn't Brady and we're not at Gillette--but maybe, just maybe, there's enough of a let-up that it gives our opportunistic D (the Good D, not the one that showed up for a few of those stinkers) a chance to disrupt the Pats. That might enable us to win a close one.

This is my Christmas wish. Now I am going to go put out cookies for Santa and reindeer food on the front lawn. ; )

Now recently the game was moved to 4pm. I don't have league schedule in front of me, was this move by the league made to save New England from potential injury if early games decide final playoff standings?

Nope--Broncos/Raiders simultaneous with Bills/Pats* I suppose that if the Pats* see that Oakland is ahead they may crank it up a bit, but I don't see anything but a Denver blowout of the Raiders.

Pummel NE and put NE and the rest of the NFL on notice for next year. What a statement it would be to go to Foxboro and beat the **** out of NE!

Agree. This game will be a pretty big stage for the Bills considering they're playing a marquee opponent at home heading into the playoffs. Of course if the Bills win, the narrative in the media will be "what happened to NE"? but if the Bills win you can bet that football people and agents will be taking note of the fact that the Bills are on the rise.

I am very happy that NE has something to play for. All the more sweeter when we pummel them this weekend.

My sentiments.

Of course they care. They have more to play for than Miami. A Bye AND Home Field should Denver lose. We can expect their very best. I hope we wiin anyway!