The Toronto game may have cost the Bills a shot at the playoffs

dave mcbride

The Toronto game may have cost the Bills a shot at the playoffs

and it always will.

Many here are quick to sneer and nitpick individual plays, but the fact remains

you cannot play seven home games and nine away, and expect to have the same chance at the playoffs as othe teams.

Look at our Toronto record.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we truly are a playoff team then in no way should we be losing to a team as bad as Atlanta no matter where the game is played at.

That's like saying, "if Miami (or Baltimore) truly is a playoff team they had no business losing to a team as bad as the Bills." Bottom line is the AFC wildcard race consists of a bunch of mediocre teams and the Bills had a chance to vie for that playoff spot and didn't help themselves by giving away a home game.

That's like saying, "if Miami (or Baltimore) truly is a playoff team they had no business losing to a team as bad as the Bills." Bottom line is the AFC wildcard race consists of a bunch of mediocre teams and the Bills had a chance to vie for that playoff spot and didn't help themselves by giving away a home game.

Amen.

but as a 6-9 team currently, likely didnt hurt their odds THAT much either. we were 2 games out in all likelihood, and if we dont win this week itll be 3

But neither of those teams are playoff teams. Likely because of their losses to the Bills.

But neither of those teams are playoff teams. Likely because of their losses to the Bills.

One of those two teams will probably be a playoff team, right? Every year, a 9-7 team seems to get in, and very occasionally an 8-8 team. There's a ton of parity in the league.

The Toronto game is maybe the worst atmosphere in the NFL. That said, they blew that game. A playoff team wins that. Does suck to play a dome team in a dome when they would have been outside in the cold though.

An 8-8 team is usually not a playoff team, but there's a chance this year that there will be. It happens.

Screw playoffs. How about the moral boost this franchise would get for finally finishing without a losing record.

Id love to see Pittsburgh play one game in Toronto. See how that goes over with their fanbase. Or send New England to Montreal for one game. See if Bill B is up for that

Edited by bobobonators

The Rochester D&C had an article listing 5 games the Bills lost while having an excellent chance to win. In fairness, two of the Bills' wins, against the Dolphins in Miami, and against the Panthers, had to break extremely right for the Bills to get wins. You can't consider one side without the other. But if from those 7 tight games, the Bills went 4-3 instead of 2-5, we would certainly be in the playoff picture.

The Toronto game alone would not be sufficient. Assuming a win, we'd be 3-4 in the close games, not enough. Still what fool gives away any advantage in a close contest.

The biggest reason the Bills are out of the playoffs is inability to stop the run. Time and again, opponents who couldn't run for an ice cream truck got healthy against the Bills. Why the Dolphins yesterday chose to ignore this weakness and challenge the Bills' strength goes more to stupidity on the part of the Dolphins than to great D for the Bills.

I don't like the Toronto series but saying the Toronto game cost the Bills a shot at the playoffs is extremely short-sighted. They tanked too many games this year to pin it on one game. I was at the Pittsburgh game and they played like utter crap. As others said, if we hadn't turned the ball over twice late in the Toronto game this topic doesn't happen. Once they put a better product on the field maybe the fans up there will warm up, and more from Buffalo would pay the extra $$ to see them up there.

The Tampa Bay game would have been completely different as well. Not saying they would have won, but the practices and attitude going into that game would have made the preparations completely different.

The fact is, we didn't win either. But I agree with the basic premise, that we likely would have beat Atlanta at the Ralph. This team plays different, and better, at home than on the road.

I agree with this entirely. Some of us posted after the Atlanta game that they would have a hard time playing inspired football vs. Tampa Bay given how the lost in Toronto. The Bucs game was utterly predictable.

GO BILLS!!!

Not only do I hate that we lose home field advantage, but all of this talk of these smug a-holes in Toronto saying how they are going to buy our team makes me sick! F (as in Forget) Toronto! Don't want to offend any of our true Canadian fans but this is OUR team! We need to start campaigning them to end this Toronto series ASAP. We might actually be contenders next year and if this extra away game hurts our chances again there are going to be people rioting at OBD

Anyone else get the feeling that if Ryan Fitzpatrick were the starting QB then we'd be getting ready for a playoff home game in two weeks?

Yes, for the past few weeks I have been thinking the same thing. Not that I think he is the right answer long term at QB either, but this season would have been better.

Anyone else get the feeling that if Ryan Fitzpatrick were the starting QB then we'd be getting ready for a playoff home game in two weeks?

Yes, for the past few weeks I have been thinking the same thing. Not that I think he is the right answer long term at QB either, but this season would have been better.

Well, I guess there are two of you...

Go look up the Titans games. Honestly, how many times does it have to be laid out? He moves the ball, he even get points, but somehow, someway, the games end up losses. He has done it over and over...why live in the past?

Well, I guess there are two of you...

Go look up the Titans games. Honestly, how many times does it have to be laid out? He moves the ball, he even get points, but somehow, someway, the games end up losses. He has done it over and over...why live in the past?

I was being sarcastic.