A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

...what?

:death:

Winning games at the end of the season, when the Bills are already eliminated, only worsens the team draft position for 2014. Winning meaningless December games mean nothing next season.

...what?

:death:

Winning games at the end of the season, when the Bills are already eliminated, only worsens the team draft position for 2014. Winning meaningless December games mean nothing next season.

if you have ever played sports this comment is never made.

Kyle Williams reminded me of an old karate movie taking on all comers

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13) Next week's a big statement game too; I would rather go into the offseason with a three game winning streak than a losing streak, it builds confidence in the locker room and maybe the players and coaching staff can learn what it takes to win.

This, plus beating the friggin pats for the first time ever at that stadium would rock, along with hurting their chances for a bye would be icing on the cake!!!!!

I do not share the thought of many in this thread about how great the play was today. To me it was two bad teams in bad weather. Those two factors combined makes a Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz game, which is what I saw today.

I thought Robey and Freddy J. had great games. Several on the Bills D had solid to good games. Spiller impresses me less and less every game. Thad could well make a decent backup. That's about it. When the Bills D has that good of a result against a good team in good weather, and the offense joins them, then I will be optimistic. Until then a win is always better than a loss, but unfortunately it's just same ole, same ole.

Wow.

Now that's a glass-half-empty view if I ever saw one.

13) Next week's a big statement game too; I would rather go into the offseason with a three game winning streak than a losing streak, it builds confidence in the locker room and maybe the players and coaching staff can learn what it takes to win.

Beating the pats will make them believe that they can go to Foxboro next year and win against the Patriots when it will count.

I think EJ has repeatedly shown that he can make that throw to the TE down the seam....Chandler has big catches right along that path. EJ's failures have been on the sideline routes. Simply has not had the accuracy. Plus it is a bad comparison today. EJ did not have any time to step into his throw in the losses against the Bucs and even against the Jax. Today, Thad was under *NO* pressure. The running game clicked and kept the chains moving. In fact, Thad made a very lousy play on that 1st drive on 3rd and goal...Should have been an *EASY* TD...He simply overthrew it.

I do not share the thought of many in this thread about how great the play was today. To me it was two bad teams in bad weather. Those two factors combined makes a Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz game, which is what I saw today.

I thought Robey and Freddy J. had great games. Several on the Bills D had solid to good games. Spiller impresses me less and less every game. Thad could well make a decent backup. That's about it. When the Bills D has that good of a result against a good team in good weather, and the offense joins them, then I will be optimistic. Until then a win is always better than a loss, but unfortunately it's just same ole, same ole.

This day reminds me so much of a Miami Dolphin game in week 11 all the way back in 1987, as that day was an awakening!

The Bills defense didn't allow the Miami Dolphins to cross the 50 yard line until late in the game in which back up QB Don Strock drove down the field only to throw a pick in the end zone. The reason Strock was even in the game was because HC Don Shula benched a healthy Dan Marino. The score in that game was also a blank at 27-0.

The Bills had 47 rushes for 229 yards in that game and the defense was amazing! The Bills controlled the clock as well as the line of scrimmage all game long by running it down the Dolphins throats.

Why that game was so important for me was after that game you knew the Bills were headed in the right direction, along with finally having the right people running the team. The Bills could finish this season 7-9 just like they did in 87, and we all know what happened after that for the next 6 years.

Edited by FeartheLosing

This day reminds me so much of a Miami Dolphin game in week 11 all the way back in 1987, as that day was an awakening!

The Bills defense didn't allow the Miami Dolphins to cross the 50 yard line until late in the game in which back up QB Don Strock drove down the field only to throw a pick in the end zone. The reason Strock was even in the game was because HC Don Shula benched a healthy Dan Marino. The score in that game was also a blank at 27-0.

The Bills had 47 rushes for 229 yards in that game and the defense was amazing! The Bills controlled the clock as well as the line of scrimmage all game long by running it down the Dolphins throats.

Why that game was so important for me was after that game you knew the Bills were headed in the right direction, along with finally having the right people running the team. The Bills could finish this season 7-9 just like they did in 87, and we all know what happened after that for the next 6 years.

Well said!

Just started re-watching the game.

It's hard to imagine but Pears was unnoticeable as was the player usually across from him, Cameron Wake.

Gonna look into this further.

Good point, I watched on the game on Sunday ticket and never remember Wake even talked about.

Good point, I watched on the game on Sunday ticket and never remember Wake even talked about.

There were how many people crucifying Pears for last week's performance?

For the most part, people here love to focus on the bad.

You think some of these people might want to give him some credit?

Too much to ask apparently.

There were how many people crucifying Pears for last week's performance?

For the most part, people here love to focus on the bad.

You think some of these people might want to give him some credit?

Too much to ask apparently.

As you may recall, I never thought Pears was a bad RT. He will never be great, but he is not at all a bad player. Marcel Daerus once said that he belongs in the pro bowl.

Many want to replace him but it will not be that easy imo. I am not seeing a DJ Fluker out there. Are you? And I think that Fluker went at #11. Teams were hesitant to draft RTs and OIGs that early before the new CBA because they were reluctant to pay rookies at these position 30-35 million dollars. Times have changed, whereas draft picks are all relatively cheap.

Quarterbacks get all the money, great or not. And for those who disagree, I point to Tony Romo, and keep your eye on Cutler's contract when he hits the market.

Like I said in a different post "A dominant defense and a game managing QB can take you far in this league." This defense isn't far from being dominant. Get that "playmaking" LB they're missing and look out!

They need to figure out how to get off the field on 3rd and long. They did it yesterday. Hopefully, they will make that a consistent habit.

With regards to the post about Thad/EJ. I think I must have seen a different game because I thought Thad looked mediocre. He managed the game well and let FJ/CJ do all the work. He had some absolutely horrible throws that had me scratching my head. Sure, he connected on a nice throw to Woods and a nice throw to Smith. That was it. He left a lot of plays on the field and this isn't anything different from when he was previously playing this season.

If EJ had put played the same type of game, people would be beating the drum that he sucks, etc. Not that this is any different from the Kelly/Reich era when certain fans wanted Reich out there instead of Kelly. Oh well.

I watched the Eagles game last night and it was like watching the Bills in the spread formation except for 1 important point, Fitz with his high IQ understood the concepts, but, was not very accurate. It is amazing how much a Quarterback counts in the NFL. EJ needs to gain 20-30 pounds if he is going to succeed in the NFL, this team needs a good OC and at least 2 stud WR's and 1 TE. It would be fun to watch a few spread formations in next years team. The offense needs some juice.

Total domination isn't good enough. Weak

I watched the Eagles game last night and it was like watching the Bills in the spread formation except for 1 important point, Fitz with his high IQ understood the concepts, but, was not very accurate. It is amazing how much a Quarterback counts in the NFL. EJ needs to gain 20-30 pounds if he is going to succeed in the NFL, this team needs a good OC and at least 2 stud WR's and 1 TE. It would be fun to watch a few spread formations in next years team. The offense needs some juice.

:blink:

8) OK.....here it goes: At this point, and I am only talking about RIGHT NOW, I am more comfortable with Lewis at qb than I am with Manuel. He did make mistakes and yes, he was aided by one of the best defensive performances I have ever seen by the Bills. I will even go a step further and praise the play calling, but he looks more poised than EJ. And he is a better runner, if for no other reason he takes off earlier and gets a much quicker start. This board is going to ROCK in the offseason. Btw, his best pass imo was the one to Lee Smith. Could Manuel do this? I hope the answer is yes.

Couldnt agree more about this pass.

Blitz coming, 3 step drop and hit Lee in stride right up the seam. This is the type of pass that breaks a defense open from the inside out. Do it once or twice and they have to look for it all game long, which frees up the outside routes, swing passes, and screens.

This is the type of pass that Brady has made to Watson/Hernandez/Gronk throughout his career.

Also why it's important to get a great pass catching TE!

Couldnt agree more about this pass.

Blitz coming, 3 step drop and hit Lee in stride right up the seam. This is the type of pass that breaks a defense open from the inside out. Do it once or twice and they have to look for it all game long, which frees up the outside routes, swing passes, and screens.

This is the type of pass that Brady has made to Watson/Hernandez/Gronk throughout his career.

Also why it's important to get a great pass catching TE!

To answer Bill's question, Manuel has thrown this same pass to Chandler right before hitting Woods on a TD, seems like week 2 or 3.

Nothing about shutting out a division opponent with an 8-6 record is same ole, same ole. They never even got past our 35.

Not to mention the Dolphins knew they had to win to have a good chance to make the playoffs. They should have been as amped up for this game than any game they played this year and the Bills shut them down. Anyone bored by this game is just some video game football fan who wants to see constant scoring. If you appreciate the whole game then watching our defense smack Miami around was a thing of beauty.

Not to mention the Dolphins knew they had to win to have a good chance to make the playoffs. They should have been as amped up for this game than any game they played this year and the Bills shut them down. Anyone bored by this game is just some video game football fan who wants to see constant scoring. If you appreciate the whole game then watching our defense smack Miami around was a thing of beauty.

Amen, brother!