A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

...what?

:death:

Winning games at the end of the season, when the Bills are already eliminated, only worsens the team draft position for 2014. Winning meaningless December games mean nothing next season.

Winning games always means something. There are no “meaningless” games for a competitor. If you ever hear an actual professional athlete saying a game is meaningless you are hearing a losers mentality.

Bill.....I'm with ya on Thad. So far he played against Cinny, N.O. Miami Twice. 2 wins vs Fish and 2 losses to playoff teams.

Want to see Thad play Sunday not EJ. There I said it and sticking to it.

Robey is my fav Bills player this year.

Woods should have known better, I bet Marrone cussed him out on that one.

Sack record plus some...yay.

We not that far away and I am confident that Wailey goes out and get HIS QB, not one Buddy drafted for him.

Off-season is gonna be hella interesting for sure.

I get where you’re coming from, but no, EJ needs to play if he’s healthy. I don’t know why you believe Whaley didn’t want Manuel. Or that Marrone wasn’t on board with drafting Manuel. He was drafted to be the guy and he needs to play if he’s physically able; simple as that.

EJ has shown poise, a strong arm, mobility, an ability to overcome some adversity. He’s also looked very bad on a few occasions. Not unexpected for a rookie QB. No need to run the guy out of town like folks tried to run others out of town because they weren’t good enough quickly enough: CJ, Dareus, Aaron Williams come to mind. Let the guy play some more and we’ll see.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning games always means something. There are no “meaningless” games for a competitor. If you ever hear an actual professional athlete saying a game is meaningless you are hearing a losers mentality.

This is so true and you can bet Marrone and Co. are gonna be looking to see who's running for the bus and who isn't.

I hope the vets on defense are in Dareus' ear and telling him to keep his fat ass in gear. He strikes me as someone who's already thinking about the warmer climbs now that there is "nothing to play for."

GO BILLS!!!

I hear that in preseason from players who have won a lot. Teams don't have to care then, they screw season ticket owners and give them no choice but to pay for those games.

Let's say it again: I know that the players, coaches, owners etc... care about these games and need to win and make money. Their primary thought isn't about future years. Mine is.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix

It takes time to adapt to the NFL game for nearly every QB. And yes, EJ played pretty well in the home win over the Jets, although the windblown TD to Graham coulda woulda shoulda been picked.

But I am most concerned with his lack of production in those road debacles like Tampa, Pitt and against the Jets in the Meadowlands. I can count on one hand the number of strikes he has delivered with his whole body into the throw. And I am tired of all the high-arcing floaters that fall incomplete as he throws as if his right and left shoelaces are tied together.

I like your quote, and have dreams of him being the guy, but he's gotta step his game up. I really hope I am wrong, but other than the fact that he was our first-round pick, I see very little evidence that gives me confidence he can magically put it all together and be a franchise guy other than he looks the part.

I really don't care if he can light up a room upon entry, I want to see him light up a defense or two ... preferably on the road.

I tend to think it is more of an away game thing rather than the defense figured him out thing. His home game performances have been far better than his away performances. I put this down to a confidence/comfortability issue. I was surprised after the Jags game that so many people seemed to lose faith in him at that point. Though in the 1st quarter of the Jags game he played as horribly as he did in the Bucs game, he shook it off and produced by far his best away performance of the season.

I believe that when he can enter a game and be comfortable and confident(in both away and home games), his inaccuracy issues will become a good deal less. I am doubtful however that he will ever be considered an accurate passer......but if his other abilities can develop and shine I am hopeful that he can become an elite QB.

It really is a shame that he has missed the number of games he has this season. I would have loved to see him in a couple more games to see if he was truly starting to settle down or not. Hopefully he plays this week so we can get one more look at him before the long off-season.

I get where you’re coming from, but no, EJ needs to play if he’s healthy. I don’t know why you believe Whaley didn’t want Manuel. Or that Marrone wasn’t on board with drafting Manuel. He was drafted to be the guy and he needs to play if he’s physically able; simple as that.

EJ has shown poise, a strong arm, mobility, an ability to overcome some adversity. He’s also looked very bad on a few occasions. Not unexpected for a rookie QB. No need to run the guy out of town like folks tried to run others out of town because they weren’t good enough quickly enough: CJ, Dareus, Aaron Williams come to mind. Let the guy play some more and we’ll see.

EJ has had a rookie season like Nick Foles did last year. Check the stats, they're very similar. Some people here are obviously brainwashed from Luck, RGIII and Wilson's dream rookie seasons last year. The Eagles are 6-1 in their last seven games due in large part to Foles' natural progression into a franchise QB. Not the anomaly of the 2013 class for which no one expected the raw Manuel to duplicate. I just wish these people would give it a rest already.

To think that the Bills are looking for another QB high in the draft because Whaley didn't want EJ Manuel is pure fantasy land. If Whaley didn't want Manuel then he wouldn't be a Bill right now. Everyone at One Bills Drive signed up on picking this raw QB with a high upside, and since they used a 1st rounder on him, he will get at least until the end of 2014 to prove their decision right or wrong.

I hope Manuel starts against the Pats because he's the only potential future franchise QB on the Bills and he needs the experience. Plus, they could win and he could have a great game. That would do wonders for this psyche of this team and franchise considering how great the defense is looking.

Edited by 1billsfan

Hartline shoulda dropped 200 on Gilmore.

What else are you referring to ?

Pretty much that. Lots of dropped passes.

And if Thad plays next week and the Bills crush NE? Then what?

No doubt you were listening to Schopp Tuesday. I was the guy who called and disagreed with him, much to his frustration.

Like I told Mike the Bills winning doesn't automatically mean Lewis won the game. What did it do for Fitz?

Not only did Fitz beat the Pats but he came back against the Raiders and crushed the Chiefs. Did that make him "our guy?"

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

EJ has had a rookie season like Nick Foles did last year. Check the stats, they're very similar. Some people here are obviously brainwashed from Luck, RGIII and Wilson's dream rookie seasons last year. The Eagles are 6-1 due in large part to Foles' natural progression into a franchise QB. Not the anomaly of the 2013 class for which no one expected the raw Manuel to duplicate. I just wish these people would give it a rest already.

To think that the Bills are looking for another QB high in the draft because Whaley didn't want EJ Manuel is pure fantasy land. If Whaley didn't want Manuel then he wouldn't be a Bill right now. Everyone at One Bills Drive signed up on picking this raw QB with a high upside, and since they used a 1st rounder on him, he will get at least until the end of 2014 to prove their decision right or wrong.

I hope Manuel starts against the Pats because he's the only potential future franchise QB on the Bills and he needs the experience. Plus, they could win and he could have a great game. That would do wonders for this psyche of this team and franchise considering how great the defense is looking.

Good points. I thought Buddy was the main one to make it happen.

I just hope the off-season will give him a bump. and I think it will. E.J. will be better.

But you can say the same thing about Thad. I think they are in a good situation at QB.

Coming from a top 5 tbd bills hater like you ?

Is Gilmore the one bill you do like ? Apologies. Hah.

Oh, I'm sorry I had no idea that marginalizing your opinion with a little de-humanization and then not even offering up a counterpoint would bother you. :doh:

There is a lesson in there for you. My gift to you. Merry Christmas! :thumbsup: