A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) Once again, the Bills need to call the agent of Alan Branch and lock him up to a contract TONIGHT. Did anyone else notice that on the first series, Branch was on the field and Dareus was on the sidelines? I was afraid that MD was hurt. Branch kicked ass yet again.

2) Gilmore was OK today. He dropped a sure, easy pick and gave up a long pass, but his coverage was good. No complaints here.

3) Kiko is amazing. Seriously, I don't know how he does it. He plays like a seasoned veteran, and there is NO quit in this kid. And btw, he looks like a skinny twig. I repeat, I don't know how he does it.

4) Robey was an out and out monster today! Seriously, how much better could a corner play? What a totally amazing pickup he was!!! A player in his situation might be easy to retain, especially when the cap space is there.

5) Hate me, call me a crusader, block me.....it's all cool. But CJ Spiller proved at the end of the first half that he is, and never will be anything more than a situational player. His run out of bounds at the end of the half was one of the dumbest displays I have ever seen. Plays such as this can easily lead to a loss. Imagine if we lost a playoff game due to something this unthinkable? And btw I blame Marrone too for even having him in there in that situation. Would Fred Jackson do something THAT stupid?

6) Mario Williams really hurts opposing offenses. Tannehill had nowhere to go on the first sack of the game. If he didn't step into Kyle Williams, Mario was going to crush him. My man MW earns every last penny of his contract!

7) One long party from front to end,

Tune to the whistle coming round the bend.

No big hurry; what do you say?

Might as well travel the elegant way.

8) OK.....here it goes: At this point, and I am only talking about RIGHT NOW, I am more comfortable with Lewis at qb than I am with Manuel. He did make mistakes and yes, he was aided by one of the best defensive performances I have ever seen by the Bills. I will even go a step further and praise the play calling, but he looks more poised than EJ. And he is a better runner, if for no other reason he takes off earlier and gets a much quicker start. This board is going to ROCK in the offseason. Btw, his best pass imo was the one to Lee Smith. Could Manuel do this? I hope the answer is yes.

9) Once again, I am going to praise Searcy. I SO much appreciate his effort. He has made many key and clutch plays this season. I would take him on my roster any freaking day!!!!!

10) This game proved what many of us already knew.....there is a TON of talent on this roster. When the qb and yes coaching issues are settled, this football team has more than enough talent to make and advance in the playoffs. Yes, I said this and I mean it.

11) Kyle Williams was sick today. The way he was using his hands was incredible. Seriously, he was just out of control on virtually every play.

12) Gotta give kudos to Leonhard as well. The Bills pitched a shutout sans Aaron Williams, who has been a key defender this season and didn't miss a beat.

13) I respect the "lose out for the draft choice" sentiment. I do, and I admit that I have felt this way in some seasons. That said, this was a statement game, at home. Trade up or trade down. Or stay put and draft right. But again, this was a statement game, one which I would NOT trade for a few slots.

14) My man Woods should not have lost his cool, but he sure can play football.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16) Once again: GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13) Next week's a big statement game too; I would rather go into the offseason with a three game winning streak than a losing streak, it builds confidence in the locker room and maybe the players and coaching staff can learn what it takes to win.

...what?

:death:

Winning games at the end of the season, when the Bills are already eliminated, only worsens the team draft position for 2014. Winning meaningless December games mean nothing next season.

...what?

Winning games at the end of the season, when the Bills are already eliminated, only worsens the team draft position for 2014. Winning meaningless December games mean nothing next season.

quit your trolling.

I just heard the Dolphins only had 103 total yards fot the game!! That just might be the best defensive performance ever by the Bills. If Gilmore doesn't get caught QB peekin' on 3rd and a mile, they'd have only had 53 TOTAL YARDS!

Un-Billievable!

5) Unless Marrone and Hackett discuss it in meetings leading up to game day, the OC dictates personnel he wants on the field. Coach Marrone probably gave Hackett and CJ an earful at halftime. The play call and the run were stinkers. BTW I enjoy the post game musings. Keep them up!

Edited by Nitro

thanks for your post Bill

1. The D line looked incredible today. Stunts, twists and edge pressure. Branch is a big part of this unit's success. I hope we retain him. He was a good acquisition by our front office.

2. McKelvin having an amazing year, has allowed Gilmore to make some mistakes without them being deadly. Sure glad we re-signed him and admittedly I thought we were crazy at the time, I think Gilmore will be a force next year, and we will have a great tandem. However, he was lucky that Hartline forgot how to catch the ball on that one play.

3. Kiko is fun to watch. He looks like he has list about 10 pounds over the course of the season (all of it muscle). After a full off season of strengthening and size building he will be even better next year! My biggest goal for him is to survive the remainder if the season un hurt. His might be the first Bills Jersey I buy since Lynch.

4. Robey is another great pick up by the front office this past year. He played his backside off today, and has been steadily more noticeable out there the past several weeks.

5. I almost let my kids hear some bad words when CJ ran that play out of bounds after Miami had just used their last timeout if the half. I saved it, and kept myself off Santa's naughty list. CJ looks to be a change of pace kind of guy, not a 20 touch per game kind of guy.

6. Mario has been good since his wrist surgery last year, and is a beast in this system. Looks like another good decision by our front office.

8. Have to agree with you on Thad and EJ, Unfortunately, Thad doesn't seem to have the accuracy of an NFL starting QB. However, he seems to have the total package to be a great backup/ situational starter. Another great pick up by our front office. If EJ does not clearly distinguish himself from Thad next pre season, then we don't have a starting QB on our roster. I will save the to draft or not to draft debate for another thread.

13. Any chance to sweep the Fins beats out a draft pick any day. Next week beating the Pats would taste real sweet to the vets on the team that have lost some heart breakers to them.

...what?

It does to the men on the field, no matter what you may think.