Matt Stafford...wow

Big Turk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't DET make the playoffs a couple years ago?

They also went 4-12 last year.

Stafford is incredibly inconcisitent. He has one of the all time greats to throw the ball to and still struggles! Playing in a dome even! The most damning thing I saw about him was before this year he was 1-23 against teams with a winning record. I understand wins and losses aren't all on the qb but that is a damning statistic to say the least.

Stafford is incredibly inconcisitent. He has one of the all time greats to throw the ball to and still struggles! Playing in a dome even! The most damning thing I saw about him was before this year he was 1-23 against teams with a winning record. I understand wins and losses aren't all on the qb but that is a damning statistic to say the least.

that team as a whole is a bit mess though - how many games did they give away with personal fouls and just nonsense across the entire roster? whether its getting too amped up for big games, good teams knowing how to get in their heads, or just not being as good as the winning teams -- they always seem to come up small in huge moments.

that team as a whole is a bit mess though - how many games did they give away with personal fouls and just nonsense across the entire roster? whether its getting too amped up for big games, good teams knowing how to get in their heads, or just not being as good as the winning teams -- they always seem to come up small in huge moments.

I agree. He himself though does not help his own cause. They throw a lot and he is wildly inconsistent. Some games he looks like that franchise qb others he fumbles the snap 5 times. True "franchise" qbs should be (imo) more successful than he has been.

Stafford is incredibly inconcisitent. He has one of the all time greats to throw the ball to and still struggles! Playing in a dome even! The most damning thing I saw about him was before this year he was 1-23 against teams with a winning record. I understand wins and losses aren't all on the qb but that is a daunting statistic to say the least.

They went 4-12 last year? I don't even remember that. Schwartz is a goner. He has multiple top picks on the DL, a franchise QB,Megatron, Reggie Bush, plays in a dome, has a winnable division... they are the indoor version of the Cincy Bengals. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I agree. He himself though does not help his own cause. They throw a lot and he is wildly inconsistent. Some games he looks like that franchise qb others he fumbles the snap 5 times. True "franchise" qbs should be (imo) more successful than he has been.

no doubt - wasnt arguing him elite, simply that the 1-20whatever record against winning teams has plenty of blame to go around.

They went 4-12 last year? I don't even remember that. Schwartz is a goner. He has multiple top picks on the DL, a franchise QB,Megatron, Reggie Bush, plays in a dome, has a winnable division... they are the indoor version of the Cincy Bengals.

They are going nowhere with Stafford...1-23 against winning record teams, penchant for making killer mistakes at key moments and worst of all horrible decisions in those moments...Stafford looked like a rookie yesterday

Stafford throws such a rocket ball it's fun to watch.

He suffers from the Romo Fitz disease though. Brains Short circuit when the game is on the line.

The saddest thing about that exciting football game was that they had Calvin Johnson in single coverage all by himself on that 2 pointer and somehow they missed it. I could not think of a better duo that I would bet my life on to convert a 2 pointer than Megatron single covered with Stafford throwing.

It at least cost them an overtime, possibly the game and the season. 1 play.

They went 4-12 last year? I don't even remember that. Schwartz is a goner. He has multiple top picks on the DL, a franchise QB,Megatron, Reggie Bush, plays in a dome, has a winnable division... they are the indoor version of the Cincy Bengals.

Yeah they were horrible last year after making the playoffs the year before with almost the same team...

Stafford has beat 4 teams with a winning record in 5 years.

He's just not that good.

Well, EJ is ahead of schedule then with wins against Carolina and Baltimore, lol...he's got 4 more years to get two more wins to catch Stafford

Edited by matter2003

Stafford and Jay Cutler have the most arm talent in the league. It seems to be a bad thing. Both seem to think they can hit tiny windows, sometimes they do sometimes they don't. Both get them on highlights. For what it's worth I think Cutler would've had his team in the SB a few years back; whether he's soft for not coming back is up for debate. Stafford I think right now is like 5-26 vs teams with winning records including this year. Detroit has a boatload of talent or so experts say. Having the best weapon in the league obviously helps him.

Stafford is 25 years old. 2 years ago, he had 41 tds and 16 ints. The jury is still out, to say the least.

The bigger issue to me from that game is that 55 yard fgs are now more or less routine, and 61 yarders don't even shock. They've gotta narrow the uprights. Giving the kicker a greater role in games is not a good thing for football.

Ok, but let's be fair about this. I'm all for trading or dropping SJ - take that bias into account - but Megatron is a freak athlete and need we be reminded of the 300 yard receiving game earlier this year? Or the multiple times that Megatron has "carried" that offense and made a significant difference in the outcome of a game?? I know you're not comparing the two talent wise, but at the same time by making the sarcastic comment about how the Lions should "cut this bum also" due to drops much like SJ, that's myopic and lacking serious perspective. So, on the one hand you can't claim you're not comparing the two when in the other hand you just did...so, let's cut the silliness and realize there's no way on God's green earth SJ is ANYTHING like Megatron, in talent or production.

Not sure where the confusion is. Obviously Calvin Johnson is a more accomplished player than Stevie. The point is that even the best of them make mistakes. At crucial times also. What's myopic is wanting to cut SJ because he is "not a clutch player".

First of all, the Bills haven't played an important game since 2004, so the term clutch is used loosely here.

Secondly, the sample size is way too small. He's had two clear late drops, the last one occurring over two years ago. Yes, he should have held on to the ball tighter against the Falcons, but that was also a good play by the DB. You could easily point to him stripping the DB and recovering the fumble late against the Colts after yet another Fitzpick last year as a clutch play, but that doesn't fit the narrative, I suppose.

We aren't allowed to talk like this.

That playoff appearance would get the Bills another 14 years... It is like going to the Superbowl! I'd take that then a 14 year drought. Beggars can't be choosers.

Stafford is 25 years old. 2 years ago, he had 41 tds and 16 ints. The jury is still out, to say the least.

Exactly.

If I was starting a franchise from scratch I'd take stafford over almost any other QB in the league right now.