Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

Three seperate injuries in one year. The first he misses a significant amount of camp, the second a significant amount of the season and the third the end of the season (I doubt he will be back in time for New England to humiliate them).

Future not looking too bright. Keep drafting qbs until we get one. I'm not worried about what it will do to anyone's psychie.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBills

Doug Marrone said EJ Manuel sprained his knee in Sunday's game, but obviously finished and said he should be fine for Sunday's game. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

EJ Manuel participated on a limited basis. There is swelling on the knee and it hasn't responded well with treatment. He's out on Sunday

This sucks, but since we aren't going to the playoffs, why risk him further?

I like watching Thad. He runs around like his hair is on fire and tries to improvise. Not what an "elite pro" would do, but fun to watch!

I also think Thad and EJ is almost like a Flutie and Johnson comparison, but I don't really want to poke that hornets' nest on this forum. :flirt:

Lets just get crazy folks and say OBD is keeping EJ out on purpose to go up the draft board to find him some help next year like Evans! Oliver Stone would be proud of the think camp.

I see this as something else.

Management knows EJ isn't the guy. They are basically benching him to save face until the draft, where they'll take a top round QB and call it a competition.

Edited by FireChan

This sucks because we will have learned nothing about if this kid has IT. My main concerns aren't the injury issues but the lack of ability to trust the routes his receivers are running and ability to connect on the long ball and also a lack of touch on screen passes. If we drafted another qb in round one next year I would not be upset but feel it prevents us from getting the other key players we need lie that big WR or monster LB.

I see this as something else.

Management knows EJ isn't the guy. They are basically benching him to save face until the draft, where they'll take a top round QB and call it a competition.

Won't happen for at least 2 more years.

I bet you think Shanahan really shut down RG3 to keep him healthy for the offseason too, huh?

Shanahan's situation is a mess between RG3 and Daniel Snyder. It has no similarity WRT EJ and the Bills.....Your interpretive skills need some honing.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Shanahan's situation is a mess between RG3 and Daniel Snyder. It has no similarity WRT EJ and the Bills.....Your interpretive skills need some honing.

Except not playing their starting QB. Besides that similarity.

My point was the HC may have their own ulterior motives. And for someone like me, hoping they want to draft another QB is a motive I can get behind.

Edited by FireChan

Except not playing their starting QB. Besides that similarity.

My point was the HC may have their own ulterior motives. And for someone like me, hoping they want to draft another QB is a motive I can get behind.

Shanahan is making a power play to show RG3 and Snyder who has the bigger pair. Nothing like the Bills situation. EJ is injured, but may play in the finale. Meanwhile RG3 is healthy enough to play, but shut down for the season. You are off base here.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Shanahan is making a power play to show RG3 and Snyder who has the bigger pair. Nothing like the Bills situation. EJ is injured, but may play in the finally. Meanwhile RG3 is healthy enough to play, but shut down for the season. You are off base here.

Shanahan is making a power play to show RG3 and Snyder who has the bigger pair.

Conjecture.

Shanahan is making a power play to show RG3 and Snyder who has the bigger pair.

Conjecture.

Plenty of published reports out there detailing the fractured relationships with both Snyder and RG3. What is the basis of "how you see it" other than a narrative that fits what you want?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Totally. Probably because we've seen so many of those QBs since, oh, Rob Johnson.

That, and the QB who has enough pocket presence to just check down every time.

I think it's why a lot of us liked Fitz and hoped he would be the guy. Threw the ball down the field and didn't take sacks, notwithstanding his numerous other shortcomings.