Matt Flynn

bobobonators

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority but I prefer Thad out of those 3. Players aren't plug and play. The system clearly fits him in gb and not in Seattle, Oakland, or buffalo.

And you know that because of all the games Flynn started in Seattle, Oakland and Buffalo, right?

And you know that because of all the games Flynn started in Seattle, Oakland and Buffalo, right?

As I said earlier the start for Oakland was absolutely atrocious. He took 7 sacks fumbled 3 times and threw a pick 6. Believe it or not he played worse than the stats make it look too.

"Waaaaaaah!

Matt Flynn...(sniffle) Matt Flynn... was going to lead the Bills....(sniffle, snorf, sniffle)....he was really, REALLY, good....(sniffle), and...and....he was going to LEAD THEM TO THE SUPER BOWL, but they just let him go! WAAAAAAH!".

Who cares about Matt Flynn?

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Flynn knew the green bay system which is why he does well in green bay.

ranted he hasnt had much of a shot elsewhere. In Seattle it wasnt as if he was playing poorly in preseason --it was just fans wanted Russell.

and didnt he hurt his shoulder(?), opening the door for wilson.

So why did they let Flynn walk in the first place?

because they werent using the franchise tag on the backup qb?

"Waaaaaaah!

Matt Flynn...(sniffle) Matt Flynn... was going to lead the Bills....(sniffle, snorf, sniffle)....he was really, REALLY, good....(sniffle), and...and....he was going to LEAD THEM TO THE SUPER BOWL, but they just let him go! WAAAAAAH!".

Who cares about Matt Flynn?

Are you 10?

because they werent using the franchise tag on the backup qb?

Okay but GB had several chances to bring Flynn back and didn't until now.

How many games did GB lose before Flynn won one? So why would starting him be an auto W? How did Matt Leinert do just throwing him out there?

Yep. So glad we Started Jeff Tuel over him. You know he knows our system... :wallbash:

Yep. So glad we Started Jeff Tuel over him. You know he knows our system... :wallbash:

Let me know when Jeff Tuel is throwing to Jordy Nelson, James Jones and Jarrett Boykin, and getting 20 carries at 6.7 per from his RB.

Flynn had a nice game (one that, thanks to Tony Romo, afforded him more opportunities). He has a nice team to play for in a familiar system. Comparing what he was doing over three weeks on the Bills or in his other failed stints this year with him in his comfort zone... is just folly.

Flynn showed his ceiling yesterday and it still took the Cowboys coughing it up for him to win against a horrific defense.

Okay but GB had several chances to bring Flynn back and didn't until now.

How many games did GB lose before Flynn won one? So why would starting him be an auto W? How did Matt Leinert do just throwing him out there?

why would starting him be an auto W? Geeeeeeze promo, that was a bit much, no? I said hes a better qb3 than tuel.

why would starting him be an auto W? Geeeeeeze promo, that was a bit much, no? I said hes a better qb3 than tuel.

No doubt. At some point you have decide if it's worth paying your QB3 over a million bucks though -- which is what Flynn is costing in the long-term. Also, no way is he settling for that pay or position if he can help it. QB2 in GB is a sweet deal.

I absolutely love the fact that Romo completely implodes in the month of December. I get unlimited amounts of joy knowing that he tanks.

And all that for the measly 2014 cap hit of $21,773,000......and a fantastic bargain in 2015 at $25,273,000!

I love Romo :D

He's only ever done anything of substance in a Packers uniform. Whether its the offensive system they run, his fit within that system, the talent around him, or a combination of all 3....something about Green Bay brings out the best in Flynn

This.

Any QB can have a good start or two. Flynn has been atrocious in pretty much every other appearance this season. He's been cut by Seattle, Oakland and Buffalo in the last 2 years.

Bottom line, he wasn't going to do anything for us either.

Probably not, but he was doing a fairly accurate representation of your lament. About the same level of reasoning anyway.

Ya my reasoning is awful. Flynn has 5 yrs of NFL experience; a 62.9 career completion %; 2,243 yards; 7.43 yard/avg; 16 TD; 9 INT and we had him on the sideline holding a clipboard vs. the Chiefs while JEFF TUEL single-handedly loses us the game.

Flynn will always be a better backup than Tuel. Yesterday, today, and 10 yrs from now.