Matt Flynn

bobobonators

No doubt. At some point you have decide if it's worth paying your QB3 over a million bucks though -- which is what Flynn is costing in the long-term. Also, no way is he settling for that pay or position if he can help it. QB2 in GB is a sweet deal.

If you have a rookie, and thad, you can carry a guy like flynn and have zero worries at all on dollars - with a rookie qb1, and a rookie OC/qb coach thats never played qb - i like having a little more experience in the room. that said, hed clearly prefer to be a #2 in green bay, so it may have mattered little at the end of the year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To many people Tuel's pick 6 was his entire game. The fact he had the Bills in a position to win up to that point is irreverent.

PTR

It was the most important play of the game. The entire game turned. It was a back breaker. It was inexcusable considering where we were on the field.

Too many people Tuel's pick 6 was his entire game. The fact he had the Bills in a position to win up to that point is irreverent.

PTR

yes, its certainly just the pick 6. not the cleveland meltdown, the lackluster preseason outside the indy game, the 9.6 QBR with 44% completions on the season -- or the 46% completions in that chiefs game you point to.... not his mediocre college career... its that ONE pass.

yes, its certainly just the pick 6. not the cleveland meltdown, the lackluster preseason outside the indy game, the 9.6 QBR with 44% completions on the season -- or the 46% completions in that chiefs game you point to.... not his mediocre college career... its that ONE pass.

Bingo. Yet Marrone and Co. had Flynn in Buffalo for 3 weeks and he never saw the field during that period of the season when QB's were going down left and right. Our season was put in the hands of TUEL. Great coaching.

LOL. Yeah Tuel was sooooooo bad in pre-season people wanted him to start over EJ. As for Cleveland he was thrown in with almost no reps that week.

But please, do tell me again how great Flynn is after his one good game in years.

PTR

LOL. Yeah Tuel was sooooooo bad in pre-season people wanted him to start over EJ. As for Cleveland he was thrown in with almost no reps that week.

But please, do tell me again how great Flynn is after his one good game in years.

PTR

He had a decent game vs. Atlanta last week too, and actually beat the Falcons..something we weren't able to do. He's still in playoff contention and we're not; Tuel will never be.

PTR

drinking this early on a monday? or simply not reading my posts? we have added me saying how great flynn is, to me saying how it wouldve been an automatic win now?

i killed flynn in the discussions for giving him a big deal to start a couple years ago, now im simply saying hes a more viable option at back up than tuel is.... my love affair with him is clearly out of control.

Edited by NoSaint

Back up qb gets 4 page thread in less than 1 day. 5th WR thread gets 25 pages...

These are not the problems with the Buffalo Bills.

Really? I certainly see these as a problem, mainly with coaching. Our coaching must be able to adapt to the players and their strengths. Coaches that have just one system, their system, tend to fail once they're unable to hammer square pegs into round holes. Our coaches must be able to identify our player's strengths and take advantage of them.

So, Flynn knows the GB system. Couldn't the Bills coaches come up with a make-shift GB-like offense? It seems amateurish they couldn't and we're no better than the Raiders.

Edited by kas23

Really? I certainly see these as a problem, mainly with coaching. Our coaching must be able to adapt to the players and their strengths. Coaches that have just one system, their system, tend to fail once they're unable to hammer square pegs into round holes. Our coaches must be able to identify our player's strengths and take advantage of them.

So, Flynn knows the GB system. Couldn't the Bills coaches come up with a make-shift GB-like offense? It seems amateurish they couldn't and we're no better than the Raiders.

Sure, should be easy to recreate someone else's offense and teach it to everyone on the team in mid-season.

Flynn throws for 300 yds., 4 td's, brings his team back from a 23 pt. deficit on the road with very little advance playing time. I don't care how crappy the Dallas D is, that is a great effort. Could you imagine what the reaction would be if Manuel accomplished this? Would people be talking about how bad the Dallas D was or his performance?

Flynn throws for 300 yds., 4 td's, brings his team back from a 23 pt. deficit on the road with very little advance playing time. I don't care how crappy the Dallas D is, that is a great effort. Could you imagine what the reaction would be if Manuel accomplished this? Would people be talking about how bad the Dallas D was or his performance?

Have you read the ej thread? He didn't have near that good of a day and ppl are still chalking it up to the bad jax defense.

Our 3rd string qbs strengths? What? Why would they do that when they have Thad that knows their system and can run it efficiently. You can't change an entire offense for 1 player! I can understand tailoring your offense to the players you have. I don't understand changing everything for your 3rd stringer!

To many people Tuel's pick 6 was his entire game. The fact he had the Bills in a position to win up to that point is irreverent.

PTR

It is irrelevant because he had an awful game until that point except for one good pass to a wide open Goodwin and screen passes, the defense carried the day. Tuel sucks and has no business on an NFL roster.

LOL. Yeah Tuel was sooooooo bad in pre-season people wanted him to start over EJ.

And those people are idiots who probably just watched the Colts game.

It's good to get this cleared up. Some were under the impression that he sucks.

PTR

I agree. I actually thought he had a good game and showed some promise. 220 yards, 1TD, 2 ints, 0 sacks against a playoff team in a first start seems like something you can build from.

Flynn, on the other hand, we already know his ceiling. He will never be a starter.