For the record -- Manuel's rating today was 105.0

dave mcbride

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the game not too long ago....stadium was about half full....don't understand why all these people with tickets, who are obviously not using them (game was "sold out"), don't give them away to someone who never gets to go to a game, but would love to.

But I digress....don't know if this came across on TV, but an awful lot of EJ's throws, even though completions, were a little bit off the mark, and the receivers made some awesome grabs.

For The Record:

The Jacksonville Jaguars threw the game because they knew they were already out of the playoffs and a Win today would have jeopardized their draft spot.

I hope you are kidding. I would hate to think the alternative.

Yeah, but it was Jacksonville.

If this offense couldn't beat Dwayne Gratz and bunch of guys cut from other teams, then it's panic time.

At least it's something, though.

It was a no win situation with people of your mindset obviously.

I won't comment on any player dealing with what SJ was dealing with. My heart goes out to him.

And Woods gets #2 treatment because of Stevie. It's a much different situation when you are the #1 wr & teams double you or put their too corner on you. I guarantee all the Wrs will tell you they benefit from Stevie being on the field.

This #1 and #2 stuff is for fans and sportswriters.

I am not seeing Stevie draw double coverage. We are 2-0 in the games he missed. Don't be surprised to see the Bills draft a WR early.

EJ had a god game after a poor start. Good to see more development from him.

Edited by Bob in STL

I'll just get this one out there cause I know it's coming...

"Yeah, but it was Jacksonville"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For the record, I thought he recovered nicely to score 3 TDs and get the win. Made a lot of nice throws as well.

Yeah, but it was Jacksonville.

If this offense couldn't beat Dwayne Gratz and bunch of guys cut from other teams, then it's panic time.

At least it's something, though.

17-24 for 193, 2 tds, and 1 int.

We're you expecting any thing less for playing one of if not THE crappiest team in the NFL ??

Now if he does that against Atlanta, New England, & others then there is something to celebrate but common man the Jags suck worse than we do !!

If he didn't look that good then there would be something to worry about !

And he should worry more about his play than celebration dance !!!

Edited by T master

No, I was not kidding. Not at all.

So i guess we all know what the alternative is

We're you expecting any thing less for playing one of if not THE crappiest team in the NFL ??

Now if he does that against Atlanta, New England, & others then there is something to celebrate but common man the Jags suck worse than we do !!

Won their last 2

In his first career start, he threw 2 tds, 0 ints & left the field with the lead against NE. He helped us score 31 points against Atlanta and was leading 2 game winning drives before fumbles. He helped beAt the defending SB champs.

But all people do is talk about the bad games or try to diminish when he does something good.

For The Record:

The Jacksonville Jaguars threw the game because they knew they were already out of the playoffs and a Win today would have jeopardized their draft spot.

Yeah.....winning their previous 3 (and 4 of their previous 5), they simply couldn't afford another win.

Edited by Dibs

Quarter one was terrible. Played fairly well the rest of the game. Still threw the ball inaccurately to some open WRs, that were still caught. He has some issues to work out. I was encouraged that he got some confidence back. I'm still ok with us bringing another QB in next year to have a competition.

EJ may need to think more about ball security when he runs. He was holding the ball one handed today just begging for someone knock it out. I also was really high on EJ early on, but now have him 50-50 at best for panning out. Still hoping for the best though.