For the record -- Manuel's rating today was 105.0

dave mcbride

1. This board has nothing to do with the teams success. Nothing.

2. If they post like you thank god.

I'm hoping you're trolling. Did you not see the graphic during the game of how the jags could still clinch if things went right for them?

Did you see that they had won 3 in a row and 4 of 5 before today? Why would they pick now to tank? Why would 53 guys who have no care about the teams draft pick purposely play poorly and jeopardize their career?

But MIA still beat NE*... Incredible long shot for both BFLO & JAX... Watch, JAX in coming years will be in the hunt more than the Bills. They known their limitations. Maybe throwing the game is a bit over the top. They just didn't take it serious. This team is another Losman mirage if they hitch their wagons to EJ. You gotta bring in top QB talent w/the draft... I am betting the Jags do, and it will be before BFLO!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was most encouraging were those throws to Woods, especially the couple in the middle of the field. That is showing progress.

(I still don't get why us Bills fans though rarely see our QB crack 200 yds, let alone 300.).

Because our running game gets 200? All I got.

But MIA still beat NE*... Incredible long shot for both BFLO & JAX... Watch, JAX in coming years will be in the hunt more than the Bills. They known their limitations. Maybe throwing the game is a bit over the top. They just didn't take it serious. This team is another Losman mirage if they hitch their wagons to EJ. You gotta bring in top QB talent w/the draft... I am betting the Jags do, and it will be before BFLO!

So if the Bills had lost would you and like minded people have thought it was done on purpose and a good thing?

How can you say Jax will be better quicker? What in the world gives you faith in their organization?

How can you say Jax will be better quicker? What in the world gives you faith in their organization?

Because Gabbert and Henne are not their future while we hitch our wagons to another bust type. EJ just doesn't have "it." Keep searching, and the higher the pick the better!

I really hope I am wrong... But the odds are in my favor.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, it looks like we are getting lapped again.

Lol. People like you make me laugh. Let me guess. Your expertise comes because you played QB in high school. And you could have played for a D1 powerhouse (possibly made it to the NFL) if your coach didn't hate you and just sent your highlight reel to some schools.

Actually my coach liked me, so that's another thing you got wrong. But nice try avoiding a problem with EJs fundamentals.

Had the Bills gone into today's game already eliminated from the playoffs like the Jags were, I bet they would have been tempted to lose - for a good draft position. Advantage, Jacksonville.

Mods, can we just ban everybody who thinks football is about losing games to improve draft position? That alone would be a vast improvement of the board.

Give it up bro. Manuel haters are always going to find faults in a rookie QB who is still learning the game.

He is going to have good and bad games. Sometimes mixed play in the same game.

I thought he did some great things, and with experience he'll grow on those.

I don't hate EJ... But how many times do we have to go through this. Let's finally get a big name and stop with the projects and bargain basement deals... Finally for once, go mainstream w/a pick!

Mods, can we just ban everybody who thinks football is about losing games to improve draft position? That alone would be a vast improvement of the board.

Didn't they ban DeLuca?

Anyway... I would agree w/you if we were not going on 14 years of futility... Something has to be done and the "sunshine, rainbow's, and pony routine" isn't cutting it anymore. In 50 years, the only time this team got better is right after they really sucked!

I am not saying throw games @ will... Just don't take some of them so serious and things will shake out, we will fall to our natural suckitude and positive enenergy will be put into more fruitful endeavors.

Look what Indy did. Look what Houston is doing.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't hate EJ... But how many times do we have to go through this. Let's finally get a big name and stop with the projects and bargain basement deals... Finally for once, go mainstream w/a pick!

Is Tom Brady a big name. He wasn't a top 5 pick. Neither was Joe Flacco. Ryan Tannihill? Drew Brees? Jay Cutler? Colin Kaepernick? Russell Wilson? Some of those guys didn't even make it in the first round, yet are leading their teams into the playoffs.

If Manuel showed NOTHING this year then I would agree with you. But he has shown plenty that gives myself the belief that with some experience and more help on offense he can be a great player in this league.

It could be worse, we could have RGIII who the Redskins traded their future for and is sitting the bench cuz of performance issues (not the bologna Shanahan is trying to sell to the press that he doesn't want him to get hurt).

198 yards rushing.....QB rating 105....27 points on the board. What a horrible day by our offense! CUT THEM ALL!

Give it a rest. Yes, it's nice the team won. It's nice EJ showed some improvement. But stop acting like we just won the !@#$ing division. We beat a team that's won a grand total of 2 games against teams not named the Texans, who were playing 3rd and 4th stringers at offensive "skill" positions, committed 4 turnovers, and we won by 1 score. A win's a win and I'll take it, but let's not go sucking each others' d***s off just yet.

Is Tom Brady a big name. He wasn't a top 5 pick. Neither was Joe Flacco. Ryan Tannihill? Drew Brees? Jay Cutler? Colin Kaepernick? Russell Wilson? Some of those guys didn't even make it in the first round, yet are leading their teams into the playoffs.

If Manuel showed NOTHING this year then I would agree with you. But he has shown plenty that gives myself the belief that with some experience and more help on offense he can be a great player in this league.

It could be worse, we could have RGIII who the Redskins traded their future for and is sitting the bench cuz of performance issues (not the bologna Shanahan is trying to sell to the press that he doesn't want him to get hurt).

Tom Berady is the outlier. MIA is going nowhere fast. Jay Cutler we should/could have drafted. Same w/Colin K & Russell Wilson, okay, we passed on... BUT we would have had Jay Cutler.

I just got a funny feeling we are going nowhere. We keep buying the KIA's and passing up the Toyota's. Stupid analogy I know... The Bills do the same w/their coaches.

I am getting sick of the projects. Let the Bills take the big brand name for once.

Since we lost two of those games, I'm not sure how well this point is made. Wins are really the only thing that matters in the end. Wins are really the only thing QBs are judged on these days.

So true. Nothing else matters but wins and any other mindset is a losers frame of mind.

I really hope I am wrong... But the odds are in my favor.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, it looks like we are getting lapped again.

Anyone having a dubious opinion of the Bills, fan or not, is fully justified given the track record. No need to apologize, the homers won't care anyway.

Edited by BillsVet

I have noticed EJ is slow getting into a rhythm. I can't remember a single game where he has hit on his first throw of the game. It's almost like he can't get fired up until he is pissed off or something. Anyone else notice how slow he starts a game?

My theory is that he is a rookie QB who takes some time to digest what the defense is showing him and rushes his early throws, then settles down and plays. The encouraging thing that I see from this kid is that in close games, he seems to be clutch in his ability to drive the ball down the field. If anything, there is a slew of veterans on this team that have let the rookie down dropping or fumbling away throws that were on the money in games that mattered like the one against Atlanta.

I will give this kid a pass on his slow starts.

Give it a rest. Yes, it's nice the team won. It's nice EJ showed some improvement. But stop acting like we just won the !@#$ing division. We beat a team that's won a grand total of 2 games against teams not named the Texans, who were playing 3rd and 4th stringers at offensive "skill" positions, committed 4 turnovers, and we won by 1 score. A win's a win and I'll take it, but let's not go sucking each others' d***s off just yet.

Nice, logical, pertinent post. Yes, the turnovers did indeed doom the Jags.

So true. Nothing else matters but wins and any other mindset is a losers frame of mind.

It's just the way it is these days. Luck is a good example... he hasn't played all that great this year, yet his team is in the playoffs so he gets endless praise.