Obnoxious Christmas Decorations

shrader

I'm as big of a fan of Christmas as you'll find, but there's some crazy stuff out there that really annoys me. Whether it is the random inflatables or ugly lights, I'm curious about what kind of decorations annoy everyone. Here are two for me:

1. People who have those car flag antlers on their cars and a giant red ball on the front grill, turning it into Rudolph. I can't stand these things. They are beyond stupid.

2. This one is very specific. The guy on the corner of my street has way too many lights in a small space. There is one thing specifically that drives me crazy. He has a statue of the Virgin Mary in his yard year round. At Christmas time, he surrounds it with a string of these incredibly stupid pig lights. Each light is a pink pig wearing scarves and gloves. So he's religious enough to have a Mary statue, but then he surrounds it with pig lights. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

i don't know why it bothers me so much but that insipid 'elf on a shelf'....i would like to see that thing become elf in the fireplace burning to a crisp

Tell me about it brother!! My wife bought that stupid elf last year, and now every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, I have to come up with some stupid prank for the elf to do. Just to act as a constant reminder that SOMEONE IS ALWAYS WATCHING!!!!

Bunch of crap...

The baby petting zoo setup is the worst. My neighbors put it in their front yard every year. The one with the camels, sheep, goats, and then a baby of all things, in a pen surrounded by weirdos in hippy garb gawking at the sight. What the hell does that have to with anything?

The baby petting zoo setup is the worst. My neighbors put it in their front yard every year. The one with the camels, sheep, goats, and then a baby of all things, in a pen surrounded by weirdos in hippy garb gawking at the sight. What the hell does that have to with anything?

Sometimes you annoy me...but sometimes you make me laugh my ass off! :thumbsup::lol:

1. People who have those car flag antlers on their cars and a giant red ball on the front grill, turning it into Rudolph. I can't stand these things. They are beyond stupid.

Former boss of mine did that to his wife's car. One day while driving it, he wondered why people in a store were pointing and laughing at him. Then he remembered what he did. Said he never drove her car again until after the holiday was over.

Tell me about it brother!! My wife bought that stupid elf last year, and now every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, I have to come up with some stupid prank for the elf to do. Just to act as a constant reminder that SOMEONE IS ALWAYS WATCHING!!!!

Bunch of crap...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/33-genius-elf-on-the-shelf-ideas

http://www.buzzfeed.com/caraf5/22-naughty-things-the-elf-on-a-shelf-is-doing-whil-eygo

White lights or colored lights? Go.

We have the white icicle lights on our gutters, with the colored net lights on our bushes, and white lights on our tree in the front window. I think it's a very good combination. It's our first year in the new house so I may expand as the years go on.

inflatable 8 foot snow globes. Don't like em.

Agreed. Lazy decorating.

I'm as big of a fan of Christmas as you'll find, but there's some crazy stuff out there that really annoys me. Whether it is the random inflatables or ugly lights, I'm curious about what kind of decorations annoy everyone. Here are two for me:

2. This one is very specific. The guy on the corner of my street has way too many lights in a small space. There is one thing specifically that drives me crazy. He has a statue of the Virgin Mary in his yard year round. At Christmas time, he surrounds it with a string of these incredibly stupid pig lights. Each light is a pink pig wearing scarves and gloves. So he's religious enough to have a Mary statue, but then he surrounds it with pig lights. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

What, no Flamingo's?