DraftTek Positional Needs Due 8pm EST

Astrobot

What Positions Should Be Drafted in RD1-3?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. RD1-3-- You Can Vote More Than Once

• QB
    • WR
    • RB
    • OT
    • OG
    • OC
    • TE
    • DE
    • Nose Tackle
    • OLB/Rushbacker
    • ILB/Sideline to sideline
    • SS/FS
    • CB

I haven't done this as a poll in a long while. Vote for as many positions as you feel are worthwhile picks in RD1-3.

I'll take the position highest in the voting and that will be our P1, second-highest the P2, and third-highest the P3, and so on. It doesn't mean the computer will pick in that order (it won't over-reach for a position).

Astro

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stats I just unearthed:

EJ Manuel Play Counts vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Dead (no one open / pass rush got home very quickly) - 11

Completion - 17

WR/TE/RB open / inaccurate throw - 1

Clean pocket, missed open WR/TE/RB - 2

Ball tipped at LOS - 2

Dead / scramble - 4

Accurate throw / INT - 2

WR/TE/RB not open / inaccurate read / throw / INT - 1

DPI missed / inaccurate read / throw - 1

Accurate throw / drop - 2

PFF WR ratings Flash 89th, Hogan 120, SJ 127, RW 153, TJ 174 out of 194 receivers.

tackle I will let you decide what to do with glenn , left or righ

guard

tight end

Marrone is o line coach he is going to put his stamp on this unit

matthews

martin

cj

It appears marrone's philosophy to date is 'I can coach up guys'. To date he has failed at that. Brown and Legursky have stunk.

The rest of the unit has played about the same or worse then last year.

This fact leads me to believe the Bills will not go OL until at earliest last second(trade) or third round.

My wish list is:

First: Barr, if not available, Mack: OLB. Will help both run D and pass rush. Either will form a fearsome tandem w/ Alonso for years.

Second: Aaron Donaldson, DT--Pitt. Will help the run D and the pass D. Good rotational partner for K. Williams or Marcell. When Williams eventually retires, will "fill in" for him and continue to ensure the Bills have the best DT duo in the NFL. Would prob be a first round pick if not for his "size," but his size didn't prevent him from terrorizing the ACC.

Third: Xavier Grimble--TE--USC. Has the tools we need in a TE. At 6'5'' will also provide the needed "big" redzone target, and allow 2 TE sets with Chandler or Gragg.

Hard not to select all. :thumbsup:

I would love to see our 1st 3 Rounds be:

1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M

2. Jace Amaro / TE / Texas Tech

3. Zack Martin / OT-OG / Notre Dame

I wouldn't mind this either, but no way Amaro is there in the 2nd round. If he is, I would take him in a second.

I chose OG, DE, OLB, & QB.

Right now my draft wish list is:

1st round: Khalil Mack LB Buffalo or Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame. Either one would be a great addition.

2nd round: Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State. Solid pick for a position we badly need.

3rd round: Best QB available. The QB class is deep this year. I'm not saying I've given up on EJ, but we could use someone who can give him better competition than Thad Lewis or Jeff Tuel. If Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray, A.J. McCarron or David Fales are there, then take one. They all have tremendous potential and great experience in college.

Astro I am not sure if your process or tools allows for sorting within a position but it would be interesting to see a couple of things if so. I think the Bills top draft needs are (assuming none are addressed through FA)

- LG

- WR - though my clarification would be big bodied and tall not another smaller burner type

- TE

- LB

I also think rd 1 is an interesting challenge because none of the positions above are likely to be standard BPA picks at the top of the first round. Guard for sure would not be selected that high in the draft. lb might be but typically a pass rusher and that is not what the Bills need - they need a run stuffer who can move well laterally and is likely a two down player. Again, not likely to be a BPA high in the selection order.

It will be interesting to see your analysis.

the LAST thing we need is a WR when we dont have a QB who is accurate and LG who can play.

I somewhat agree with you.

We drafted 2 WR's last year, and I don't want to spend another draft pick on a WR.

However, I am not against signing a WR in free agency.

Yes, we need a LG desperately. That is a higher priority.

Yes, Manuel is inaccurate, but I believe he can get better. I think play calling is more of a problem.

You know I LOVE Draft talk Astro... :thumbsup:

I see the Bills needs in this order...

1a. TE

1b. Big WR (6-2 or bigger)

2a. RT (take an OT and play him at OG as a Rookie...Then move him to RT down the road)

2b. CB (the Bills need a 3rd CB in the worst way...I'd rather see them go Vet though...Rookies worry me at DB)

3. LB

4. OG

Hard not to select all. :thumbsup:

I would love to see our 1st 3 Rounds be:

1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M

2. Jace Amaro / TE / Texas Tech

3. Zack Martin / OT-OG / Notre Dame

Amaro will be a 1st Round Pick...Probably top 15...The TE position is becoming more and more valuable every year...He'll go high...I expect Amaro, Seferian-Jenkins, and Ebron to all be 1st Round Picks when it's all said and done... B-)

Run defense has to be this teams #1 priority this offseason as it has once again been the teams biggest problem

I would really like this team to switch to a true 3-4 and get a real NT to clog up the middle

I think the NFL is moving in the opposite direction...Only the most elite Defenses really make a difference any longer, and even they can be scored on by an Offense hitting on all cylinders...The 49ers D was supposed to be the difference in the last SB, and the Ravens were able to move the ball effectively...If you can't score in this league you can't compete, let alone win...And the Bills are an ocean away on the Offensive side...I'd like to see them get better on D too...And I think they will in Pettine's 2nd year...But IMHO they need to improve the talent on Offense big time...Plus I think they made an organizational commitment to EJ...They need to get him all the help they can... B-)

TE, OL, OL are my top three picks if we're just going by position. Need an upgrade to Pears and some interior OL talent. Most importantly though, we need a TE who can block and be a receiving threat. Someone to knock Chandler down to 2nd string so we can cut Lee Smith.

We probably need to draft a RB and WR too. Defense doesnt need much, and after those first 3 needs are addressed the rest of the draft can go BPA at any position.