DraftTek Positional Needs Due 8pm EST

Astrobot

What Positions Should Be Drafted in RD1-3?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. RD1-3-- You Can Vote More Than Once

• QB
    • WR
    • RB
    • OT
    • OG
    • OC
    • TE
    • DE
    • Nose Tackle
    • OLB/Rushbacker
    • ILB/Sideline to sideline
    • SS/FS
    • CB

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me sick to even see this type of thread. Another meaningless Bills December. F**k!!!

Even if the Bills were 12-0 right now we would still have this thread. The draft is an inevitability, and a lot of us like discussing the college players and team building strategy.

if Peyton Manning was the QB of the Bills, we would be in the playoffs.

you are spinning your wheels (COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME) until you get a legit Franchise QB.......

Too bad Peyton Manning is not in the draft next year, nor anyone else even remotely his caliber. Who is the mythical "franchise QB" in next year's draft? All look like big questions to me.

I heard something from the dreaded Stephen A Smith that I actually agreed with. If Johnny keeps his nose clean, the circus surrounding him will be completely about his play. That's a lot different and easier to manage than Tebow's "heart of gold" and religious beliefs.

That's the big if. Not only does he need to keep his nose clean, he has to keep his mouth shut. Can he do that?

Too bad Peyton Manning is not in the draft next year, nor anyone else even remotely his caliber. Who is the mythical "franchise QB" in next year's draft? All look like big questions to me.

While I have questions about all of them, I like Bridgewater, Hundley, and Carr. I think we'll take a QB after RD2 so look down the list a bit. Mettenberger's injured, so he'll be dropping to 10th on this list.

http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-QBs.asp

While I have questions about all of them, I like Bridgewater, Hundley, and Carr. I think we'll take a QB after RD2 so look down the list a bit. Mettenberger's injured, so he'll be dropping to 10th on this list.

http://www.drafttek....ngs/Top-QBs.asp

Being a UCLA fan and seeing most of Hundley's games I don't think he's ready for the NFL. He is inconsistent as hell - even at the college level. His accuracy is a big issue, when he misses he often misses BIG. Often times I wonder who he was throwing to. When UCLA's run game disappears and the game is on Hundley's shoulders things don't go well when he's playing decent competition. Top that off with a very questionable pocket presence. He takes sacks at an alarming rate and it's not all on the OL.

I actually laugh when I see people projecting him as a top flight pick. He's a frustrating talent at the college level because he should be great. He has unbelievable physical skills but he's only a pretty good college QB who is athletic and makes spectacular plays every now and again. He's a project of greater proportions than EJ. He needs to stay in school. I'd take a flyer at him in them mid rounds but wouldn't touch him with a pick in the top 2 rounds.

The football universe evolves around the QB. A great QB will make all those other "needs" fade slightly. IMO the Bills need to keep drafting QB's until we get it right.

You can keep drafting 2 per year, and it won't get you anywhere if you don't have a decent supporting cast around them, after all, It is a team sport.

The bad teams seem to not understand this concept, and just keep drafting QB's. Cleveland comes to mind.

1999 Tim Couch #1 overall, and Kelly Holcomb as backup. Until 2004, Jeff Garcia, drafted Luke McCown 4th round, Kelly Holcomb 2005 Trent Dilfer, drafted Charlie Frye 3rd round. 2006 Ken Dorsey, Derek Anderson, Charlie Frye.

2007 Brady Quinn 1st round draft pick #22 overall, Derek Anderson, Charlie Frye. 2008 Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Derek Anderson, Bruce Gradkowski. 2009 Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson. 2010 drafted Colt McCoy 3rd round #85 overall, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace. 2011 Colt McCoy, Seneca Wallace. 2012 Drafted Brandon Weeden 1st round #22 overall. Thaddeus Lewis, Colt McCoy, Josh Johnson. 2013 Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer

19 QB's since 1999 :doh: at least this team had winning seasons in 2002 9-7. 2007 10-6. With 6 different HC's and coaching staffs in their 14 years

A great OL will give you a running game that will make even a Fitz QB look good.

"Clowney is still an unbelievable talent, however, so he'll still be a top-five pick. One of the teams that needs a quarterback may choose him over a signal-caller. General manager David Caldwell, who used metrics as a reason to draft a right tackle No. 2 overall last spring while declaring that he plans to build around Blaine Gabbert, seems like he would pull this type of a maneuver. "

Edited by ALF

That and that whatever team picks him will have a full on Tebow style media circus following him around asking him questions trying get him to say something stupid, which he will. Then it will be all over ESPN and NFL Network for days. Not sure if the kid can handle all that.

This kid can handle ANYTHING... Johnny Football is a "true" football player... Having a guy like Freddy around would be GREAT for him but highly doubt we use another 1st on a QB. I dont think EJ is the answer, i hope i'm wrong, i just dont see him blossoming into anything more than a solid game manager and never a top 10 QB.

Guy i'd target in 1st round is Eric Embron.. This kid a beast. Better than Amaro and ASJ. Amaro is more a WR than a TE. Embron is very fast, can beat defenders deep and it great after catch on short routes and would be great in red zone and 3 and shorts.

Woods is our best WR and happy to see them using as our #1 last week and think this will continue for rest of yr to see if he can handle that gig. He's not huge, but plays bigger than his size and WR's tend to grow and shine most after their rookie season where they are very raw and havent been with a pro team and having the nutritionists and trainers to groom their bodies in college like they do in pro's. I can easily see Woods come in next yr with another 10 pounds to his frame, all in muscle and not sacrifice any of his speed. I'd love to see him with his college running mate Marquis Lee. They were the most dynamic WR combo i;ve seen in college since the days of the U with Andre Johnson with Reggie Wayne as his #2!

We def. need another WR, and even tho Lee is not that big bodied WR, he too plays bigger than his size and can get up there to make the catch. Him and Woods are also great possession WR's and are great after the catch. SJ13 is becoming useless.... He's hurting team more and more and i love the guy personally, but his time is done here.. I dont see him as a "Marrone" guy and with 2 high draft picks on WR's last yr and we MUST use a top 3 on another this yr. There will be no room for SJ13. Drafted WR and Woods would be 1A and 1B and Goodwin as deep threat. I'd bring in a vet possession WR on a nice 2 yr deal who would be fine as a #3 but still get plenty of looks and keep Easley as the 6th for his ST play. He is playing at a pro-bowl level as a gunner and has found himself a position. Dont think he will ever materialize as a WR but as the #6 WR u dont see field except in emergency situations.

TJ "featherstone" better be gone too. All he can is run verticals and every time ball is thrown his way i cringe and hope to see a flag cuz i know he cant catch and even when he does actually catch a ball, he makes easy catches look tough cuz he never catches ball cleanly. This guy is just not a pro WR.

Hopefully we sign a vet and draft a WR in 2nd like we did with Woods. Embron would be the ideal 1st rounder. If not, Evans is the Alshon Jeffery of the draft. He had all the same concerns out of college and he;s tearing it up. This is NOT James Hardy. He has great hands and is so strong that even though he doesnt have top high end speed, he powers thru DB;'s and gets alot of YAC that way and is also a GREAT blocker which is crucial in our system.