DraftTek Positional Needs Due 8pm EST

Astrobot

What Positions Should Be Drafted in RD1-3?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. RD1-3-- You Can Vote More Than Once

• QB
    • WR
    • RB
    • OT
    • OG
    • OC
    • TE
    • DE
    • Nose Tackle
    • OLB/Rushbacker
    • ILB/Sideline to sideline
    • SS/FS
    • CB

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Donald from Pitt is rising up draft boards. He is quick, disruptive; he leads the nation in TFL per game. I think he'd be tremendous. Here is a nice article about Donald : http://www.cbssports...st-explosive-dt

I'd like that Astro, I think he can produce at the NFL level. Maybe 2nd round by the time the draft starts. I see he's around the third for you guys now. But I don't think your poll has a vote box for a dt.

Looks like the value vs need for us in the first will be at lb and OT, maybe wr or te depending exactly where we finish. I thought it was interesting that Pettine mentioned Kiko was slated to play the weak side but he was able to play in the middle when they got him into practice. And they haven't added anyone on the weak side so I think they will be picking either an ilb to move Kiko or an olb and leave Kiko inside. I assume the lb pick will be round 3 or higher.

I chose OG, DE, OLB, & QB.

Right now my draft wish list is:

1st round: Khalil Mack LB Buffalo or Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame. Either one would be a great addition.

2nd round: Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State. Solid pick for a position we badly need.

3rd round: Best QB available. The QB class is deep this year. I'm not saying I've given up on EJ, but we could use someone who can give him better competition than Thad Lewis or Jeff Tuel. If Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray, A.J. McCarron or David Fales are there, then take one. They all have tremendous potential and great experience in college.

I simulated this before I looked at your post. I traded down with Cleveland, who has #14 and #28. The Simulator has not been updated since October, but you get the idea:

1 14 Buffalo CKouandjio OT Alabama

1 28 Buffalo Khalil Mack OLB34 Buffalo

2 38 Buffalo Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

3 70 Buffalo Ryan Groy OG Wisconsin

4 102 Buffalo LPurifoy CB Florida

5 134 Buffalo Kony Ealy DE34 Missouri

6 166 Buffalo Aaron Donald DT43 Pittsburgh

7 203 Buffalo Karlos Williams RBF Florida State

I'd like that Astro, I think he can produce at the NFL level. Maybe 2nd round by the time the draft starts. I see he's around the third for you guys now. But I don't think your poll has a vote box for a dt.

Looks like the value vs need for us in the first will be at lb and OT, maybe wr or te depending exactly where we finish. I thought it was interesting that Pettine mentioned Kiko was slated to play the weak side but he was able to play in the middle when they got him into practice. And they haven't added anyone on the weak side so I think they will be picking either an ilb to move Kiko or an olb and leave Kiko inside. I assume the lb pick will be round 3 or higher.

Yeah, good points. I think Donald will impress in the bowls and at the Combine and end up bottom RD2. Simulator above shows how far he's come since October...he was RD6 then. I didn't list DT separate from NT because I think we have our DTs. Donald might go to a 4-3 base team anyway.

I like the RD3-4 talent at ILB more than the RD3-4 talent at WLB. Check it out.I also like our OLBs more than I do Moats at ILB.

Edited by Astrobot

#1- FRANCHISE QB

#2- LG (draft a LT, figure it out later)

#3- DT ( NEED TO STOP THE RUN !!!) move Dareus to DE

#4- TE (weakest position on team)

#5- OLB (hughes & lawson are good)

Wow. You've seen all you need to see? I can't imagine Whaley pulling that trigger the next year after taking his pick of the litter at QB….but I don' mind them picking 1 every year till we find thee guy.

Yeah, good points. I think Donald will impress in the bowls and at the Combine and end up bottom RD2. Simulator above shows how far he's come since October...he was RD6 then. I didn't list DT separate from NT because I think we have our DTs. Donald might go to a 4-3 base team anyway.

I like the RD3-4 talent at ILB more than the RD3-4 talent at WLB. Check it out.I also like our OLBs more than I do Moats at ILB.

I know I'm in the minority but I still would like someone to help the run defense. Depending on what we do with Carrington and how he heals, we may have a spot for a DL even if that means moving chocolate marshmallow out to DE. We have enough edge rushers so maybe it makes sense to get heavier on the inside.

I'm also thinking they can upgrade Legursky in FA. But I am not a believer that they will take a cb before the 5th, I think they have too many other needs and enough young guys back there now assuming they think Brooks will be okay.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

Wow. You've seen all you need to see? I can't imagine Whaley pulling that trigger the next year after taking his pick of the litter at QB….but I don' mind them picking 1 every year till we find thee guy.

Thee guy ?

That had me smiling : )

even though I might disagree with papazoid and our needs in regard to priority mostly.

hey lets run a 3-4 for fun we havent done that in a while ? Branch Dareus K Williams and Carrington and draft that killer NG in the 3rd .

Trade Mario while he is hot and let Hughes take his place. Get another stud in FA alongside Kiko.

Draft the next Fred if you can find one

Amaro will be a 1st Round Pick...Probably top 15...The TE position is becoming more and more valuable every year...He'll go high...I expect Amaro, Seferian-Jenkins, and Ebron to all be 1st Round Picks when it's all said and done... B-)

I think the NFL is moving in the opposite direction...Only the most elite Defenses really make a difference any longer, and even they can be scored on by an Offense hitting on all cylinders...The 49ers D was supposed to be the difference in the last SB, and the Ravens were able to move the ball effectively...If you can't score in this league you can't compete, let alone win...And the Bills are an ocean away on the Offensive side...I'd like to see them get better on D too...And I think they will in Pettine's 2nd year...But IMHO they need to improve the talent on Offense big time...Plus I think they made an organizational commitment to EJ...They need to get him all the help they can... B-)

Of course the team with the best record in the NFL also has the best defense in the NFL.

Amaro will be a 1st Round Pick...Probably top 15...The TE position is becoming more and more valuable every year...He'll go high...I expect Amaro, Seferian-Jenkins, and Ebron to all be 1st Round Picks when it's all said and done... B-)

I think the NFL is moving in the opposite direction...Only the most elite Defenses really make a difference any longer, and even they can be scored on by an Offense hitting on all cylinders...The 49ers D was supposed to be the difference in the last SB, and the Ravens were able to move the ball effectively...If you can't score in this league you can't compete, let alone win...And the Bills are an ocean away on the Offensive side...I'd like to see them get better on D too...And I think they will in Pettine's 2nd year...But IMHO they need to improve the talent on Offense big time...Plus I think they made an organizational commitment to EJ...They need to get him all the help they can... B-)

Agree completely. The talent on the Bills defense is high. Offenses don't focus on running. A run stopping defender is a waste because most teams are running out of spread formations.

If the Bills don't want to draft another QB with their first first (which would be shocking if they did) then you take any trade down offer that has two firsts.

Browns would be an ideal candidate.

Then you draft big uncover able, quick WRs and TEs. With all three of your picks that would be in the first 45 picks.

Maybe an oline in the second.

You might even be able to trade SJ for a third (better than cutting him outright).

It's time to get some superior talent on offense. The offense is really a bunch of low talent, over achievers (SJ, FJ, Chandler, Urbik, Pears)

EJ is a debatable talent but he is really surrounded by a bunch of duds.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Of course the team with the best record in the NFL also has the best defense in the NFL.

That's one team...Houston has allowed 15 more yards per game and they're 2-11...If you want to gamble on the Bills crossing that river and building around the Defense so be it...That Seattle D is awesome no question...But they are also a team with the best Home Field advantage in the NFL, and a legit Franchise QB that bails them out a lot...I'd love to see the Bills build that kind of Defense, but they are miles, and miles, away from that currently...I'd rather see them go with what they have on Defense, maybe add a piece or two, and concentrate on an Offense that can put up serious points...Because if you can score in this league, you always have a chance...

No matter what the Bills need to get better on both sides of the ball...My guess is no matter what they try it will be wrong...But we'll see... ;)

I simulated this before I looked at your post. I traded down with Cleveland, who has #14 and #28. The Simulator has not been updated since October, but you get the idea:

1 14 Buffalo CKouandjio OT Alabama

1 28 Buffalo Khalil Mack OLB34 Buffalo

2 38 Buffalo Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

3 70 Buffalo Ryan Groy OG Wisconsin

4 102 Buffalo LPurifoy CB Florida

5 134 Buffalo Kony Ealy DE34 Missouri

6 166 Buffalo Aaron Donald DT43 Pittsburgh

7 203 Buffalo Karlos Williams RBF Florida State

skip the 7th round RB. Go NT, OL or WR at worst. Me thinks this dude, whatever his name I can't remember that was brought up in place of Choice will be the 3rd.

I want the QB with talent who I know can make plays.

And hope he doesn't do anything too stupid. Just keep him locked up in Orchard Park.

That's what concerns me the most about this guy.

I think he is one step away from being Todd Marinovich.

That's what concerns me the most about this guy.

I think he is one step away from being Todd Marinovich.

That and that whatever team picks him will have a full on Tebow style media circus following him around asking him questions trying get him to say something stupid, which he will. Then it will be all over ESPN and NFL Network for days. Not sure if the kid can handle all that.

That and that whatever team picks him will have a full on Tebow style media circus following him around asking him questions trying get him to say something stupid, which he will. Then it will be all over ESPN and NFL Network for days. Not sure if the kid can handle all that.

I heard something from the dreaded Stephen A Smith that I actually agreed with. If Johnny keeps his nose clean, the circus surrounding him will be completely about his play. That's a lot different and easier to manage than Tebow's "heart of gold" and religious beliefs.

I haven't done this as a poll in a long while. Vote for as many positions as you feel are worthwhile picks in RD1-3.

I'll take the position highest in the voting and that will be our P1, second-highest the P2, and third-highest the P3, and so on. It doesn't mean the computer will pick in that order (it won't over-reach for a position).

Astro

thanks....kinda lightens things up some. Next time can you put a spot in for new owner lol?