How about Josh McCown?

bufffan031

He just passed for 350 yds & 5 TD's name one time Fitz ever did that !! Then we can talk about him being hardly better than Fitz ??

This. Not to mention 13 passing tds and 1 int (if i added the ones from this game correctly). I do agree with other posters, though. He does enjoy quite the stable of receivers and a system that he claims fits him perfectly, the best fit of any he's been a part of.

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean how about Jay Cutler? Because despite McCown having two beast recievers, which everyone wants to use to discredit him, he is still doing more than Cutler ever has with them. McCown is going to be the starter in Chicago going forward. I would expect at least a 4-5 year deal coming soon. Cutler is a free agent and the Bears will let him test the waters.

McCown is going to be the starter in Chicago going forward. I would expect at least a 4-5 year deal coming soon. Cutler is a free agent and the Bears will let him test the waters.

Welp so much for that.

@SInow

Marc Trestman makes it clear: Jay Cutler will be the Bears’ starter when healthy: http://on.si.com/1kx8mqn

And McCown is going to be 35 next summer, no way are they giving him a 5 year deal.

McCown has great football intelligence, but lets not ignore how beastly his receivers are. I'd like to see anyone on this team make that TD catch Alshon Jeffrey just made.

It was a great catch, but as soon as I got over my Jeffries man rush I realized that I had just seen a throw (almost) as perfect as Big Ben to Holmes.

McCown's ball placement and timing with his receivers has been unbelievable.

I really had no idea he could play this well.

It was a great catch, but as soon as I got over my Jeffries man rush I realized that I had just seen a throw (almost) as perfect as Big Ben to Holmes.

McCown's ball placement and timing with his receivers has been unbelievable.

I really had no idea he could play this well.

Long term, he can't. Even backups have good arms and can make nice throws, but it's hard to do week in and week out and stay ahead of defensive coordinators. I think many forget that even the worst backup qbs were often top prospects that have all the tools to make a few plays or have good games and think that it projects to a lot more than it really does when they see that flash.

I'd be ok with him being brought in as a backup. Let's also sign Hakeem Nicks (also a FA).

Nicks. We need Nicks. Nicks.

He's so overrated at this point. Just draft a stud wr.

And I have no idea why the Bears would bench McCown for Cutler. Cutler has never been as good as McCown is right now and he's not a d bag. Cutler has been to the playoffs once. He's Jeff George with better hair.

I'd be ok with him being brought in as a backup. Let's also sign Hakeem Nicks (also a FA).

Nicks. We need Nicks. Nicks.

I could get behind that move in a second if they think that he is healthy. Signing Nicks would make things WAY easier in the draft in terms of the need at wideout. I am of the very strong opinion that Stevie is out of here after the season, cap hit or not.

The Bills have shown that they are not at all reluctant to swallow huge cap hits in order to cut players.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I could get behind that move in a second if they think that he is healthy. Signing Nicks would make things WAY easier in the draft in terms of the need at wideout. I am of the very strong opinion that Stevie is out of here after the season, cap hit or not.

The Bills have shown that they are not at all reluctant to swallow huge cap hits in order to cut players.

Look at the trade record of free agent wrs. IT's pretty terrible. The Giants were phasing Nicks out anyways. He lost a step and he struggles with injuries. not worth the money IMO.

Look at the trade record of free agent wrs. IT's pretty terrible. The Giants were phasing Nicks out anyways. He lost a step and he struggles with injuries. not worth the money IMO.

As I said, he needs to be healthy but make no mistake.....when he IS healthy he is WAY better than Cruz, let alone SJ.