Pats* pull another one out of their posteriors

BRH

I am the lone Bills fan who roots for the Pats once the Bills are out of it.

I love the way they play. Brady is the ultimate competitor and Belichick is the best coach of my lifetime in any sport.

All of us wish he was running the Bills organization. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying or deluded.

Does anyone really believe the league or the refs want them to win or are some of you just blowing off steam?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kemp, I respect the fact that you feel that way and am impressed you'd put that on a Bills website!

I don't share your feelings, however. They are like Bill Lambier to me. You'd love to have him on your team, but if not you hate him. I lothe the Patriots. Partly because of how good they've been for so long and how much they've dominated the Bills. B&B just take it to the next level. The third is how undeserving Boston fans are. I lived there for a very long time. Most people didn't even know about the Patriots until their run in 2001. It was and always will be a baseball town. When the inevitable slide comes, which it is, they will revert selling out half the stadium and being stuffed somewhere in the middle of the Herald.

This should help the conversation:

Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-week-14-winners-losers-patriots-gifted-win-034218399--nfl.html?vp=1

1 fact

I can count on my team playing meaningful football in December and January year in and year out.

And yet you feel obliged to go on a division rival's message board and thump your chest one day after they are the beneficiaries of one of the worst calls.

Do you honestly believe that had PI not been called that Brady couldn't have driven them 30 yards in 35 seconds?

IS that supposed to be a defense against a bad officiating call ?

Yes, you have to be.

I love the way they play. Brady is the ultimate competitor and Belichick is the best coach of my lifetime in any sport.

Sure if you can still admire an undeniably great coach who is also a dour, unsportsmanlike !@#$ stick and one of the greatest QB's of all time who is also a candy ass cry baby.

All of us wish he was running the Bills organization. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying or deluded.

Of course, but since this is pure fantasy we can continue to call a spade a spade and hate them for what they are.

Does anyone really believe the league or the refs want them to win or are some of you just blowing off steam?

I don't, frankly I don't know what the motivations are, but anyone who will deny that the Pats have been beneficiaries of these calls at roughly the same rate that teams like the Bills and Browns are screwed by them are the delusional ones.

LOL love the Bills fans calling thw PI ticky tack (It was) the Browns 1st TD was a Ref gift by calling illegal hands to the face ontalin when his guy dragged him down by te facemask. All I am saying is usually the crappy ref callingends up evening out. (and the losing fans scream, insert Jets, and carolina game here for Pats fans)

This year has been the worst ref NFL season I have ever watched, and I been watching since Tony Eason became the turtle against the bears in 1985!

Hey Kemp, I respect the fact that you feel that way and am impressed you'd put that on a Bills website!

I don't share your feelings, however. They are like Bill Lambier to me. You'd love to have him on your team, but if not you hate him. I lothe the Patriots. Partly because of how good they've been for so long and how much they've dominated the Bills. B&B just take it to the next level. The third is how undeserving Boston fans are. I lived there for a very long time. Most people didn't even know about the Patriots until their run in 2001. It was and always will be a baseball town. When the inevitable slide comes, which it is, they will revert selling out half the stadium and being stuffed somewhere in the middle of the Herald.

You are incorrect, the stadium been selling out ever si9nce Bob Kraft bought the team in 1995 or 1994? whe they still sucked. HE turned the team around by brinin in th tuna, then Carroll (mistake Higher), then BB. Kraft is a fan first (why he cheers when they score. ) And unlike so many has not asked 1 thing fom the state for the Pats, he builtthe stadium on private funding only thing he asked the state to do is imrove the roads so traffic wouldnt be as bad. 9wich the state didn')

So the team still sell out, and FYI this state is a HOCKEYtown first and foremost. Bruins ALWAYS ALWAYS sell out :)

I wholely agree it should have been at the five, I've seen that call called against NE though so even though it was sort of tick tack its still PI. The onside kick hit a brown first

Have you seen that call against NE in a Hail Mary situation? I doubt it.

Have you seen that call against NE in a Hail Mary situation? I doubt it.

Huh? how was tat a Hail Mary situation? was about 40 seconds left in the game, the ats were on the 30 yard line. Hardly a hail mary, a bad call Ok, a hail mary not even close.

LOL love the Bills fans calling thw PI ticky tack (It was) the Browns 1st TD was a Ref gift by calling illegal hands to the face ontalin when his guy dragged him down by te facemask. All I am saying is usually the crappy ref callingends up evening out. (and the losing fans scream, insert Jets, and carolina game here for Pats fans)

This year has been the worst ref NFL season I have ever watched, and I been watching since Tony Eason became the turtle against the bears in 1985!

You are incorrect, the stadium been selling out ever si9nce Bob Kraft bought the team in 1995 or 1994? whe they still sucked. HE turned the team around by brinin in th tuna, then Carroll (mistake Higher), then BB. Kraft is a fan first (why he cheers when they score. ) And unlike so many has not asked 1 thing fom the state for the Pats, he builtthe stadium on private funding only thing he asked the state to do is imrove the roads so traffic wouldnt be as bad. 9wich the state didn')

So the team still sell out, and FYI this state is a HOCKEYtown first and foremost. Bruins ALWAYS ALWAYS sell out :)

Bandwagon Nation

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/new-england-bandwagon-nation-ken-knight/1013907811

written by NE native….very interesting

I don't think it is a conspiracy. I think the Pats get "better" officiating. I think their reputation precedes them, just like a boxer would get different treatment from the judges.

Wasn't there an "Intentional grounding" call against the Browns that was wrong, but they overcame it? And then wasn't there a non-call against Brady when he clearly IG'ed the ball? (I can't even remember if it was this game, because the bad calls were coming so fast and furious yesterday). Then there was the personal foul on the TD, that set up the onside kick.

NFL=Sham

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I admire Brady and Belichick as well. They're two of the best at their respected positions in the history of the NFL. There's something to witnessing greatness.

That being said, I hate them both because they've destroyed the Bills for the duration of their careers. I don't need to create some rationalization for my dislike of them and degrade to calling them names. I simply hate them because they dominate the division the Bills are in and I'm tired of it.

Oh, and just because I admire the job Belichick has done doesn't mean that it's a bunch of f'in bulls&*t that they continuously get calls at the end of games.

I wonder if the call from the Carolina game had any influence on the call against the Browns?

I think the correct call was made in Carolina, but maybe there was a memo sent out to officials after that? Like "here is a video of some calls that we are trying to correct"...unspoken pressure from the home office. This is the kind of thing that I could see happening. Just sending a little reminder to officials about how to call a game.

If questioned, no doubt the answer is "Every week we gather video to critique the officials, and to emphasize rule enforcement for ALL teams...blahblahblah" But maybe they feature "mistakes" against the Pats more prominently etc.

There are lots of ways to influence the officials.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I wonder if the call from the Carolina game had any influence on the call against the Browns?

I think the correct call was made in Carolina, but maybe there was a memo sent out to officials after that? Like "here is a video of some calls that we are trying to correct"...unspoken pressure from the home office. This is the kind of thing that I could see happening. Just sending a little reminder to officials about how to call a game.

If questioned, no doubt the answer is "Every week we gather video to critique the officials, and to emphasize rule enforcement for ALL teams...blahblahblah" But maybe they feature "mistakes" against the Pats more prominently etc.

There are lots of ways to influence the officials.

This--just look at the media firestorm when the Pats* lose a game that a call had a part in. They go bonkers. Yet when the Pats* shtupp someone on a late call or no call it gets little to no press.

Except against the Jets in OT where a call against them made them lose?

Only problem is, what the Pats* did on the FG in the Jets game was a textbook example of the penalty in question, unlike on Sunday vs the Browns. Let's not play false equivalence here, please.

Pats* clinched a playoff spot with that win didn't they?

No. The Miami win prevented it

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Denver, Indy and Seahawks are the only teams to clinch a playoff spot.

throw your man card away!!

never ever root for the Cheatriots unless it helps the Bills

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever