Mike shanahan leaving Washington?

NoSaint

Espn aired a report this morning that shanahan was so upset about snyders star treatment of RG3 that he actually had his office packed last January and sources that are familiar with him say its possible that might be followed through with this year.

If true that shanahan packed his office BEFORE their playoff game, I'm frankly surprised they took him back.

Espn aired a report this morning that shanahan was so upset about snyders star treatment of RG3 that he actually had his office packed last January and sources that are familiar with him say its possible that might be followed through with this year.

If true that shanahan packed his office BEFORE their playoff game, I'm frankly surprised they took him back.

Yeah I'm gonna call BS. That is just ridiculous. No way Shannahan leaves like that or even seriously considers it. He had great young QB finally, coaches have too much of an ego to walk away from that

Let me clarify:

It's not hard to believe that Shanny would be disillusioned by the situation, it's hard to believe that he'd walk away from $14 million.

The report says after the injury occurred he decided he didnt want to leave and have it look like that was the cause. The money would be the obvious incentive to stay though

All that said, if he packed his office before a playoff game, I find that to a pretty extreme situation.... and despite my reminders about their severe cap issues, and rg3s lack of a real offseason, it may have a lot to do with their struggles this year

The report says after the injury occurred he decided he didnt want to leave and have it look like that was the cause. The money would be the obvious incentive to stay though

All that said, if he packed his office before a playoff game, I find that to a pretty extreme situation.... and despite my reminders about their severe cap issues, and rg3s lack of a real offseason, it may have a lot to do with their struggles this year

There was a recent report that at Baylor, the coaches wouldn't show RG3s bad plays during video review of games and that the RG3 camp made a similar request of the Washington coaching staff.

If true, you don't get any more psychologically coddled than that.

There was a recent report that at Baylor, the coaches wouldn't show RG3s bad plays during video review of games and that the RG3 camp made a similar request of the Washington coaching staff.

If true, you don't get any more psychologically coddled than that.

Didnt hear that one. Add in a meddling owner and that's potentially quite the trifecta of guys in leadership roles there.

Didnt hear that one. Add in a meddling owner and that's potentially quite the trifecta of guys in leadership roles there.

No one seems to want to talk about it so it's not known how true the report is:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000286339/article/rgiii-asked-redskins-not-to-show-his-bad-plays

"Inside the building, we talked to people familiar with the situation, they perceive RGIII as kind of insecure, specifically about Kirk Cousins, which may be one reason he (RGIII) was so eager to rush back. At Baylor (University), they didn't put RGIII's bad plays up on the board in the meeting rooms. Sources familiar with the situation say he has asked theRedskins to do the same. They have refused to up to this point."

PFT actually had a decent write up as well

http://profootballta...ins-in-january/

Yes Florio's take is quite solid even though he's just an observer of this situation:

If it’s true, Shanahan shouldn’t be surprised. Snyder has a habit of striking friendships with players, including for example former running back Clinton Portis, who (as we heard it a few years back) openly disrespected former coach Jim Zorn, without consequence.

While the online version of the latest report points out that Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie terms the report “ridiculous,” the on-air summary of it by Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen contained no such caveat. ESPN’s Tom Jackson later noted that Shanahan simply declined comment — which potentially implies plenty.

Also implying plenty is the fact that Schefter once wrote a book with Shanahan. If the report were indeed ridiculous (and/or if Shanahan didn’t want the report to surface), Shanahan could have/should have/would have contacted Schefter to say so, and to ask that the story be killed — or at least to ask that the team’s position be prominently disclosed when the report is discussed on the air.

The fact that such a big story was reported by Graziano, who is identified at ESPN.com as the reporter who covers the New York Giants (who doesn’t have to deal with the Redskins going forward), invites even more speculation regarding how this all came to light, and regarding whether there was an effort to keep Schefter’s fingerprints (and in turn Shanahan’s) off of it.

Regardless of how the dots connect as to the latest report out of Washington, here’s how the dots connect going forward. Snyder is going to fire Shanahan. We wouldn’t be surprised if it happens later today, if the Redskins lose to the Chiefs.

First, true or not or anywhere in between, I lol since Shanahan scoffed at the Bills to go to what he thought was a much better organization.

Second, after his dealings with Al Davis, I dont think Shanahan cares about whether he quits or gets fired when it comes to seeing the rest of his money.

Third, lol again because of the first item.

No one seems to want to talk about it so it's not known how true the report is:

http://www.nfl.com/n...w-his-bad-plays

"Inside the building, we talked to people familiar with the situation, they perceive RGIII as kind of insecure, specifically about Kirk Cousins, which may be one reason he (RGIII) was so eager to rush back. At Baylor (University), they didn't put RGIII's bad plays up on the board in the meeting rooms. Sources familiar with the situation say he has asked theRedskins to do the same. They have refused to up to this point."

I read this awhile ago too and if it's true RG3 will never have any prolonged success in the NFL. QBs can't be that mentally weak and be successful over the long haul.

It appears to me that the story was leaked or planted by Shanahan in an effort to save face when, inevitably, Snyder fires him. Or just an attempt to get Snyder to fire him so he gets to keep next year's salary.

Edited by mannc

It appears to me that the story was leaked or planted by Shanahan in an effort to save face when, inevitably, Snyder fires him. Or just an attempt to get Snyder to fire him so he gets to keep next year's salary.

Any bets on Shanny pushing hard for the Texans job?

Yeah I'm gonna call BS. That is just ridiculous. No way Shannahan leaves like that or even seriously considers it. He had great young QB finally, coaches have too much of an ego to walk away from that

Been reported RG III and Shanahans relationship is severely strained by many sources...potentially over his perceived favoritism of his son Kyle over Griffin

Edited by matter2003

Any bets on Shanny pushing hard for the Texans job?

Talk about a team built for him to step right in and take over. If the rumor of him being fired today happens - he could get started this year even and I'd bet he would be pretty familiar with the playbook etc....

Didnt his son come from there? Left on good terms or no?