20k tickets left for the home finale

NoSaint

Perhaps not fair, but look at it this way. If you lived in Chicago, you would likely not be able to afford to see many or perhaps any games live, as there is high demand for very expensive seats. At least in Buffalo you can buy a ticket and go to the game. In Chicago (as in Washington, Baltimore, NE, Dallas, etc) the average fan is priced out of the stadium. Even with the smaller capacity, I would venture to guess that Chicago's average revenue per home game is significantly more than Buffalo's, even double or triple. Buffalo needs the ticket revenue associated with the larger capacity to survive.

It's cheaper for me (living in DC) to go to a Bills game in Buffalo, than it is for me to go to a Bills game in Washington, Baltimore, etc... crazy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "elements" are a bit overrated as they are unpredictable. It was, I believe, 35 and overcast in Buffalo on Sunday. Now, the crowd on the other hand, that is by FAR the Bills largest home field advantage. No other pro sports team has fans that continue to show up in such large numbers after 14 years w/o playoffs.

would break most fan bases, but selling 50K seats in Buffalo for a meaningless game in what could be awful weather right before Christmas is actually pretty impressive. What would other teams draw at this point?!?!

many teams have over 50,000 season ticket holders or PSLs. Not too impressively for the Bills really.

Who wouldn't want to sit outside and freeze watching a 4 or 5 win team? A fan base's patience only goes so far. We are working on our second decade of terrible football. There is an entire generation that only has a 9-7 season to point to as their idea of Buffalo Bills football success. That'd be enough to break ANY fan base.

There are grown children of Bills fans in college or the military that have no recollection of the Bills doing anything but suck. As a teenager it was hard keeping up interest in the lowly Bills of the mid-1980's.......but that was a BRIEF struggle compared to this garbage. :doh:

many teams have over 50,000 season ticket holders or PSLs. Not too impressively for the Bills really.

it was a bit of a trick question, as no other team has been so bad for so long.... that said, and to your point, the cleveland browns were believed to be coming into this year with 50k+ in season tickets (estimated 55k last year, with a comfirmed 94% renewal rate plus any new sales) and they are a bad team in a not so great market. we have stayed in the 40s mostly(42k this year being the first number that popped up in a google search, buff news article that mentions 43k last year, and 37k the year before).

Edited by NoSaint

And Russ points out only 2 home games have been true sellouts.

Not arguing that the team has earned better support, just throwing the numbers out there as they are often discussed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/04/20000-tickets-remain-for-bills-home-finale/

Miami, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay haven't had a true sellout in years

And Russ points out only 2 home games have been true sellouts.

Not arguing that the team has earned better support, just throwing the numbers out there as they are often discussed.

http://profootballta...ls-home-finale/

Tarnished brand plus only 4 wins in 12 games = more tarnished brand

At this point......each season becomes the lowpoint of this franchise from a consumer confidence standpoint and it will remain that way until they actually win.