List of Washington General moments by the Buffalo Bills

1B4IDie

It is hard to believe the sheer volume of incidents where the Buffalo Bills players have committed amazing acts of self inflicted mistakes.

I am starting to believe that the games may be staged like the Harlem Globetrotters vs Washington Generals.

Let us recount the unbelievable mishaps that Bills players have made throughout the years that couldn't possibly have all been innocent mistakes.

1. 9/14/2009 - New England Patriots - For no apparent reason Leodis McKelvin returns a kick 8 yards deep in the endzone. The team was up by five points and only need to run clock. Leodis Proceeds to fumble the kickoff return, putting the Patriots in position for the game winning TD pass.

2. 10/24/2010 - Baltimore Ravens - In OT Shaun Nelson receives a pass close to FG range. Is gang tackled and push backwards, ~5 seconds after his forward progression is stopped, the ball is ripped lose. Ravens kick game winning FG.

3. 11/28/2010 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Stevie Johnson drops wide open pass in OT with no one near him.

4. 10/14/2012 - Arizona Cardinals - Did everything in their power to lose to the Cards in OT but somehow still won. (This is akin to the one win that the Washington Generals have. )

5. 10/21/2013- Tennessee Titans - George Wilson drops game ending Interception in 4th QTR when the ball hits him right in the numbers.

6. 11/11/2012 - New England Patriots - TJ Graham hangs a ralph when he was supposed to hang a Louie. Result is game ending INT.

7. 12/9/2012 - St. Louis Rams - George Wilson drops game ending Interception in 4th QTR when the ball hits him right in the numbers. (This is where it gets obvious, because this was a repeat from earlier in the "Season")

​8. 11/11/2013 - Kansas City Chiefs - An Undrafted Rookie Free Agent QB throws a 100 yard pick 6 - (Now this is where it gets too obvious, what NFL team would start an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent QB and why would he throw a pass to three Kansas City Chief Defenders - Washington Generals, much?)

9. 12/1/2013 - Atlanta Falcons - Not One but two fumbles in FG range one in the last seconds of the game that would allow the Bills to win the game. The second in OT. (Come on now, thats just too outlandish)

That is just off the top of my head.

I'm sure you all have some more moments that prove the NFL is rigged and the Buffalo Bills are the Washington Generals of the NFL.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 9/14/2009 - New England Patriots - For no apparent reason Leodis McKelvin returns a kick 8 yards deep in the endzone. The team was up by five points and only need to run clock. Leodis Proceeds to fumble the kickoff return, putting the Patriots in position for the game winning TD pass.

This one is unforgettable to me.

To be fair to Mcklovin, he caught that ball at the goal line, he had to bring it out

Thats not what the history books say.

S.Gostkowski kicks 72 yards from NE 30 to BUF -2. L.McKelvin to BUF 31 for 33 yards (P.Woods). FUMBLES (P.Woods), RECOVERED by NE-S.Gostkowski at BUF 31. S.Gostkowski to BUF 31 for no gain (J.Wendling).

Why relive the misery? There is nothing to be gained from this rehash of ugliness. Not trying to be pollyanna here but why be the grim reaper? The situation in front of the Bills right now is that they are playing to set a stage for next season. The most critical issues to be addressed:

- is EJ the real deal and if not do the Bills draft a QB in the first round again

-The next few weeks become a glorified pre-season of sorts ... Its time to really evaluate this roster and see who helps and who hurts the team. This includes mentality in addition to physical abilities.

- Marrone needs to take a hard look at his coaching staff. He needs to be very, very honest in his assessment as not doing this killed Gailey's tenure in Buffalo.

- the Bills must have another solid offseason. They made some goods moves this past year. Lawson, Hughes, moving Williams to safety and drafting Alonso were all very solid moves.

The biggest of the above is getting EJ ready to play next year if he is the guy.

It is hard to believe the sheer volume of incidents where the Buffalo Bills players have committed amazing acts of self inflicted mistakes.

I am starting to believe that the games may be staged like the Harlem Globetrotters vs Washington Generals.

Let us recount the unbelievable mishaps that Bills players have made throughout the years that couldn't possibly have all been innocent mistakes.

2. 10/24/2010 - Baltimore Ravens - In OT Shaun Nelson receives a pass close to FG range. Is gang tackled and push backwards, ~5 seconds after his forward progression is stopped, the ball is ripped lose. Ravens kick game winning FG.

3. 11/28/2010 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Stevie Johnson drops wide open pass in OT with no one near him.

4. 10/14/2012 - Arizona Cardinals - Did everything in their power to lose to the Cards in OT but somehow still won. (This is akin to the one win that the Washington Generals have. )

5. 10/21/2013- Tennessee Titans - George Wilson drops game ending Interception in 4th QTR when the ball hits him right in the numbers.

6. 11/11/2012 - New England Patriots - TJ Graham hangs a ralph when he was supposed to hang a Louie. Result is game ending INT.

7. 12/9/2012 - St. Louis Rams - George Wilson drops game ending Interception in 4th QTR when the ball hits him right in the numbers. (This is where it gets obvious, because this was a repeat from earlier in the "Season")

​8. 11/11/2013 - Kansas City Chiefs - An Undrafted Rookie Free Agent QB throws a 100 yard pick 6 - (Now this is where it gets too obvious, what NFL team would start an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent QB and why would he throw a pass to three Kansas City Chief Defenders - Washington Generals, much?)

9. 12/1/2013 - Atlanta Falcons - Not One but two fumbles in FG range one in the last seconds of the game that would allow the Bills to win the game. The second in OT. (Come on now, thats just too outlandish)

That is just off the top of my head.

I'm sure you all have some more moments that prove the NFL is rigged and the Buffalo Bills are the Washington Generals of the NFL.

Ronnie Harmon, 1989 Wild Card Game.

Superbowls 26 and 27.

Lonnie Johnson, Green Bay.

Any play involving Bruce Mathison.

Anything involving Kay Stephenson.

What's the most sad about this list is that it doesn't even scatch the surface. I bet I could name 10 others off the top of my head.

Exactly. The first thing I thought was, this only goes back to 2009?

Oh god. Seriously...Its bad when I stop and think of all the heartbreaking games over the years. Let me add a couple.

2004 - vs Jacksonville - Jacksnoville Touchdown as time expires...Lose 13-10

2005 - vs Pittsburgh - Week 17...all we need is a win vs. their 3rd stringers to make the playoffs...and we lose.

2007 - MNF vs Dallas - Tony Romo throws 5 INTs, and the bills lose after Dallas scores 9 points in 20 seconds

Ugh. Why do I like this team...

I am not sure if it's cursed or haunted or both . But i have found it rather amazing how many times the team has stumbled upon a way to lose a game. Or a lot of games !

whatever the reason might be, its undeniable our Bills can continue to astound so many many years such as last week..

This thread should become a "sticky " so folks can recall some choice moments over last so many years. Could be some good therapy for us too.

Stand back and have a laugh over it all

although ,

I have really enjoyed watching the Bills this year since the new coaches and the draft . They are damned fun to watch and carry on about.

Maybe i am on an island here and i dont care but i like this Coach Marrone alot . And i have expectations of him

I think its fun to have a list like Why So Serious has started for us.

Go

Oh god. Seriously...Its bad when I stop and think of all the heartbreaking games over the years. Let me add a couple.

2004 - vs Jacksonville - Jacksnoville Touchdown as time expires...Lose 13-10

2005 - vs Pittsburgh - Week 17...all we need is a win vs. their 3rd stringers to make the playoffs...and we lose.

2007 - MNF vs Dallas - Tony Romo throws 5 INTs, and the bills lose after Dallas scores 9 points in 20 seconds

Ugh. Why do I like this team...

ouch.

Why relive the misery? There is nothing to be gained from this rehash of ugliness. Not trying to be pollyanna here but why be the grim reaper?

Because we are Bills fans and blind hope and irrational optimism only goes so far. And when hope for imminent success has run its course (takes about 2 weeks, at least when there is a bye), then we turn to the familiar, bitter taste of past failure. It's what we do.

kj