Bottom Line on the 2013 Season

vorpma

The Buffalo Bills are not a good football team simply because the Buffalo Bills organization has been a failure since 2000. This team is plagued by horrible drafts, poor free agent aquisition, horrible coaghing on the field during game day for ten years, and poor coaching and development of younger players. Finally this team is hostage to a losing culture that continues to choke success - an above average team would be 8 - 4 at this point.

I do not blame the current coaching staff or at this point Whaley, however, the 2014 draft is owned by Whaley - hope the current scouting department is up to it.

Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron and Chad Gailey are not household names in the NFL and the Bills who have left the team for whatever reason have not become household names in the NFL.

The GM situation, Marv Levy and Buddy Nix - need I say more.

This team has a long way to go, not going to happen next year either.

The Buffalo Bills are not a good football team simply because the Buffalo Bills organization has been a failure since 2000. This team is plagued by horrible drafts, poor free agent aquisition, horrible coaghing on the field during game day for ten years, and poor coaching and development of younger players. Finally this team is hostage to a losing culture that continues to choke success - an above average team would be 8 - 4 at this point.

I do not blame the current coaching staff or at this point Whaley, however, the 2014 draft is owned by Whaley - hope the current scouting department is up to it.

Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron and Chad Gailey are not household names in the NFL and the Bills who have left the team for whatever reason have not become household names in the NFL.

Thanks for your eye-opening criticisms. I am amazed that no one has ever had those "insights" before.

Regarding drafts - I can't help but think that if we only drafted gronk over troup, we would have won yesterday, and v kc and cincy and the browns. That's four games with only one player.

There are tons of other players we are missing and those missed picks are still affecting us.

Hopefully waley can get 4-5 more kikos in the next draft

I agree 90%!

The 10% difference is the coaching. Being from Syracuse I was happy to see Doug Marrone, et al, leave the SU Orange football program to coach the NFL Buffalo Bills.

There were many, many, many naysayers here in Syracuse about the Bills selecting these college coaches to coach in the NFL. I ignored the naysayers. But I'm increasingly believing that the naysayers were 100% correct.

Regarding drafts - I can't help but think that if we only drafted gronk over troup, we would have won yesterday, and v kc and cincy and the browns. That's four games with only one player.

There are tons of other players we are missing and those missed picks are still affecting us.

Hopefully waley can get 4-5 more kikos in the next draft

That's assuming there were no breakdancing competitions during those four weeks.

Bottom line is they need more talent. They need another great draft in 2014 to make it work.

Let's face it, we can't be so devastated about how this year turned out

1. It's a rebuilding year. If you told me in the offeseason we might end up 8-8 then I would have been thrilled

2. Our QB was hurt most of the year. He missed a lot of training camp with an injury not to mention splitting reps with Kolb and then he was out over a month during the regular season.

3. We probably weren't going to win out anyways. TB looks good with Glennon and Miami is doing well in spite of their locker room issues. And I doubt we could go in to NE with the playoffs on the line and beat the Pats

4. It's a new coaching staff too. They were bound to make mistakes along the way.

5. Look at the teams that might make the wild card over us. We beat the Ravens and we should have beat the Chiefs and Bungals. I feel really confident knowing that we are that close to being a playoff team ourselves

All we can do is look at the progress we have made. Our defense has made monumental strides going from being one of the worst to one of the best. Our offense is starting to look like we can be a threat due to the number of young weapons we now have. Now we just have to bring it all together and learn how to win. If we can continue to improve this last month then I fully expect us to be the wild card favorites going into next year

I'm getting the feeling that we are going to see a lot of these dead horse beating threads from now till next September.

No, they will continue on in September and beyond.

We need one more draft like last years draft and we are BACK

I agree, but that will not be easy to do.

I agree 90%!

The 10% difference is the coaching. Being from Syracuse I was happy to see Doug Marrone, et al, leave the SU Orange football program to coach the NFL Buffalo Bills.

There were many, many, many naysayers here in Syracuse about the Bills selecting these college coaches to coach in the NFL. I ignored the naysayers. But I'm increasingly believing that the naysayers were 100% correct.

Yep!

Marrone is in over his head. Hackett is horrible. This is a bad hire. I hated it when it happened and now i hate it more. The guy is just a complete failure.

Sorry but you can go from on eof the worse team in the league to a playoff team in the NFL. It happens. The talent IS on this team. Coaching will once again ruin the talent. This is another Mike Mularky guy!

Thanks for the hire of Marrone!!

Someone please tell Pat Moran he's got some competition.

I've been a kool ade drinking homer for a long time, but I think I'm done with that. The excuse that we weren't supposed to be that good with a rookie coach and QB rings hollow right about now. If this were week 5 and we just lost to a good team I might agree, but that's not what happened. I didn't expect them to win out, but knowing every game going forward from here was effectively a playoff game, and trying to turn the corner, they get stopped in the first !@#$ing game? This was their biggest game of the year and they couldn't even manage to knock off a team that came in sporting the worst record in in the NFL.

And that rookie **** means a lot less 3/4 of the way through the season. I know EJ missed a few games along the way, but that's no excuse. This is just another in a long line of games where the Bills proved they have talent but no heart. There are a few players on this team that do, particularly Fred Jackson, but as a collective bunch they're sorry.

Food for thought. In the NFL free agency era (EDIT: 1993-present), the longest playoff drought was the Cincinnati Bengals from 1991-2004. Buffalo will match that after this, their 14th consecutive non-postseason campaign. Behind the hapless Bills are the Raiders and Browns, both of whom own (EDIT: active) 11 year streaks if they fail to reach the playoffs in 2013.

That's some pretty sad company, though at least the Bengals are now an almost perennial playoff team. Problem is, the real decision makers at OBD aren't held accountable nor will they so long as the bottom line is maintained. And that doesn't require Buffalo make the playoffs.

Edited by BillsVet

I've been a kool ade drinking homer for a long time, but I think I'm done with that. The excuse that we weren't supposed to be that good with a rookie coach and QB rings hollow right about now. If this were week 5 and we just lost to a good team I might agree, but that's not what happened. I didn't expect them to win out, but knowing every game going forward from here was effectively a playoff game, and trying to turn the corner, they get stopped in the first !@#$ing game? This was their biggest game of the year and they couldn't even manage to knock off a team that came in sporting the worst record in in the NFL.

And that rookie **** means a lot less 3/4 of the way through the season. I know EJ missed a few games along the way, but that's no excuse. This is just another in a long line of games where the Bills proved they have talent but no heart. There are a few players on this team that do, particularly Fred Jackson, but as a collective bunch they're sorry.

Could not have said it better myself.

I'll always be a Bills fan, and I do think they have something good overall with a lot of these players going forward.

Yesterday just made me very sick.

Don't tell me that none of you had that feeling that the Bills were finally ready to take that big step forward when they were up 14-0.

Yeah it was still the first quarter, but the Bills had just scored 2 touchdowns on their first 2 possessions. Had the Bills done that at all this year?

Then after that.....well you know the rest.

Could not have said it better myself.

I'll always be a Bills fan, and I do think they have something good overall with a lot of these players going forward.

Yesterday just made me very sick.

Don't tell me that none of you had that feeling that the Bills were finally ready to take that big step forward when they were up 14-0.

Yeah it was still the first quarter, but the Bills had just scored 2 touchdowns on their first 2 possessions. Had the Bills done that at all this year?

Then after that.....well you know the rest.

Ugh. Yesterday was a brutal loss.

Edited by NickelCity

Yep!

Marrone is in over his head. Hackett is horrible. This is a bad hire. I hated it when it happened and now i hate it more. The guy is just a complete failure.

Sorry but you can go from on eof the worse team in the league to a playoff team in the NFL. It happens. The talent IS on this team. Coaching will once again ruin the talent. This is another Mike Mularky guy!

Thanks for the hire of Marrone!!

Other than NFL loser retreads, those like Marrone was all they had to look at.