Where do we upgrade?

Virgil

The needs of this team remain the same as they did at the beginning of the year....

- TE.....stop throwing afterthought at this position....resign Chandler AND draft a TE high.....a guy who is athletic....open when he is covered....flypaper hands AND can block

- LB....(and I have no problem flip flopping these in order now that our pick will be high) but we need lb's that will scrape and attack like monsters....I was expecting Bradham to be Kiko's running mate but that didnt work out......wanna stop the run? You need athletic linebackers that can fill.....

- LG......a road grating plow the road LG that can get to the 2nd level in the running game and open things up for our RB's

- ANY WR that replaces Graham.....who is an absolute joke of a starting WR

Because while players like GIlmore have been up and down......we already know after less then a season that Manuel is a bust even though he has played pretty well for a rookie.

Khalil Mack in first, CJ Fiedorowicz in second, try our damnest to get Andre Johnson from Texans!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the owner talk. Did ralph fumble the ball twice. Did he miss a block. Did he miss open receivers? Did he blow his coverage on a receiver for a TD? Should he be flipping the bird to the other team. Ralph doesn't sign the coaches, ralph doesn't sign players, ralph doesn't coach the team. Ralph just owns the team. Do you blame the owner of McDonald's when they put pickles on your Big Mac and you asked for none

OLBs in a 3-4 are basically pass rushing DEs. His size would hurt him even more when not protected by Williams and dareus

Neither ray croc or Ralph have given pickles in a good number of years.

The curse lives..

I don't understand the owner talk. Did ralph fumble the ball twice. Did he miss a block. Did he miss open receivers? Did he blow his coverage on a receiver for a TD? Should he be flipping the bird to the other team. Ralph doesn't sign the coaches, ralph doesn't sign players, ralph doesn't coach the team. Ralph just owns the team. Do you blame the owner of McDonald's when they put pickles on your Big Mac and you asked for none

OLBs in a 3-4 are basically pass rushing DEs. His size would hurt him even more when not protected by Williams and dareus

No, Ralph didn't do any of those things. But as the owner, he makes all the really key organizational decisions. And he hasn't made good ones for some time or is perhaps no longer capable of doing so. Plus it's his money that's being spent. If you think Wilson's no longer consulted on such things as who should be coach or GM, you're mistaken, no matter what Brandon is supposedly tapped to do. It's pretty much that simple.

No, Ralph didn't do any of those things. But as the owner, he makes all the really key organizational decisions. And he hasn't made good ones for some time or is perhaps no longer capable of doing so. Plus it's his money that's being spent. If you think Wilson's no longer consulted on such things as who should be coach or GM, you're mistaken, no matter what Brandon is supposedly tapped to do. It's pretty much that simple.

Im trying to figure out where the mistake is with this particular GM and Coach........

Regardless of the loss today....I dont think these have been bad decisions....u gotta give these guys a chance to do their thing longer then 1 season.

Im trying to figure out where the mistake is with this particular GM and Coach........

Regardless of the loss today....I dont think these have been bad decisions....u gotta give these guys a chance to do their thing longer then 1 season.

I agree. How many players have we seen blossom and produce after being labeled busts in these last 3 seasons? We're closer than we think.

Dream draft: LB Khalil Mack or Anthony Barr in the first. Either take TE Ebron in the second or, more likely, trade up into the first to pick him. Brandon Coleman or Donte Moncrief in the third. That'd be a dream first three rounds next year.

Neither ray croc or Ralph have given pickles in a good number of years.

The curse lives..

Lol

Not in any order

RT- Pears is ok but we need an upgrade.

LG- biggest weakness in our roster IMHO

TE- we need to upgrade chandler he's solid but he doesn't do anything exceptionally well.

LB- we need a LB that can play inside and out and can get after the passer. Khalil Mack is this guy. I think he and Kiko would be a great tandem.

CB- i don't know what is wrong with Gilmore but we need insurance incase Gilmore doesn't get better. We also need quality depth.

WR- I don't know if the problem is Manuel just not hitting open receivers or what but we need more production from them.

QB- never hurts to have good QBs

Another thing about this team is that the offense doesn't seem to have an identity. I don't know if continuity is what it needs, or a new OC. They just don't seem to have plays that are their strength. It feels like a different offense every game. Obviously, EJM was out (and is a rookie), so I think the offense will have progressed by next season. The WR's haven't distinguished themselves much. Occasional plays that show some promise, but no consistency.

Too many rookies/2nd-year guys at WR this season. It's gotta be a MACHINE, with all the parts working like gears, and a QB that knows where/when the right option will be. That takes lots of repetition (like, years worth), and a QB that has full authority. EJM hasn't played enough to earn that yet.

I guess the running game is consistent (but FJ could hit the wall any day now). I hope they draft another RB, this draft.

Because while players like GIlmore have been up and down......we already know after less then a season that Manuel is a bust even though he has played pretty well for a rookie.

Speak for yourself. Don't throw "we" around, figurative or otherwise, when you're talking out of your asssss.

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks as I watch College Football wind down and players emerge as first round picks. But especially after this game, I wonder what needs to be done to fix this wreck. The problem is, I have no idea. Honestly think about the positions we have:

D-Line - We have 2 Pro-Bowl players and 2 above average guys on that line. Dareus is no chump, but we can't stop the run.

CB - Byrd is a pro-bowlers, we aren't getting beat deep, Gilmore is considered a top tier CB, and McKelvin has maybe had 2 bad games. Williams and Robey have done great too.

LB - DROY in Kiko, Hughes has 6 sacks, but maybe better here....

O-Line - Haven't given up many sacks and we are top 5 in rushing

WR - Just drafted 2 guys with potential as our 2 and 3 WR. Stevie could go either way, but not a glaring issue

TE - Yup, need one.

QB - That's for debate, but I will say this. Besides the Pittsburgh game, what games has he lost? Left the Pats game with the lead, beat the Panthers, Lost the Steelers game, Crushed the Jets, wasn't great today, but was in FG with Stevie to win it and Chandler was close. You can knock him all you want, but I don't see where an upgrade gets us more than one additional win. I don't count the injury against him because that happens.

So seriously, one more LB, a TE, and maybe a WR? I just don't see how that's really going to be the difference. It's more inconsistent play and a loser mentality that finds a way to show itself. I think that's what makes this more frustrating because I have no idea what to do next

This is why I have hope that we're not that far away. The record may be the same as the rest of these years. But, the last few years, I was like - where do you even start??................Now we have talent all over the field.

Guard, tight-end, wide-receiver, linebacker, corner

Whether in the draft, or via free-agency, the Bills need upgrades at all these positions.

Guard is our most glaring weakness...

Great, pass catching tight-ends don't grow on trees...but the Bills need to upgrade here...Chandler is just too inconsistent and not good after the catch...much better in the red-zone, IMO. There might not be a "next Gronkowski" out there, but the Bills need to find someone in that mold.

I realize, Kiko is he be-all to end-all for many, but he is still a rookie, and has looked pretty bad in a few games this season (Atlanta, Cleveland...), re-sign Lawson is a must, and add another free-agent...you can never have enough good linebackers.

Like linebackers, you can never have enough quality depth at corner...the Bills learned that this season. Gilmore back-slid this season, after a pretty solid rookie season...missing most of the season with injury hasn't helped. Personally, I think people forget too easily, how many great DB's over the years struggled their first couple of seasons... the toughest position to play, behind only QB, in the game...new rules which make it nearly impossible to defend the pass are only making it harder.

Edited by Buftex

Don't look too hard John...it has, unfortunately, become part of Bills fan credibility to be able to say that you were the first one to say a certain player sucked...until they start winning more games, this is the way...people can only react to the last thing they saw...